Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

A friend of mine told me that Trump claimed that 80 percent of all white homicide victims were killed by black people but I don't see anything in the news about it. Surely my friend is mistaken and he didn't say anything that egregiously stupid did he?

He tweeted an image with grossly wrong and false statistics.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

(I believe the actual statistics is Black on white homocide is 14%. Most murders are intraracial (you are more likely to be murdered by a person of your race[and by someone you actually know]).

*edit-- update statistic in the article says 15% in 2015. I was recalling the one from 2011.

Svanja fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

GODDAMMIT.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Deadulus posted:

I flipped to Fox right when it was called.

Megyn Kelly marching down to the nerd box to find out why the election was called was loving primo TV.

I watch that scene from time to time on Youtube. It made Megyn Kelly look like an assistant instead of a journalist when Karl Rove pretty much demanded it-- and you can hear how unhappy she is about it in her tone of voice when she starts the long walk. They do not send the man next to her, they send Megyn. You think Bill O'Reilly would have done that? Hell no. He would have had the stats people sent to stand before him.

It was insane.

Here is the link I watch in case anyone wants to watch their reaction to the call:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwuR0jCavk

her walk starts around 4 minutes in, but I like watching Rove's meltdown before it.

Svanja fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 29, 2016

• Locked thread