Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Donkwich posted:

Why doesn't anyone talk about the real scourge of white-on-white crime?
Because white-collar criminals don't go to prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BiohazrD posted:

It's so weird to me that insurers are allowed to exclude medications. Why don't they just exclude everything and pocket the money?
That's the goal, yes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Before Obamacare, insurers were allowed to reject you entirely for having an illness.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I work at a public radio station and every single person in the office hates Prairie Home Companion. Even public radio isn't into it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Prairie Home Companion was at least better than Vinyl Cafe, the twisted monkey paw wish Canadian version of PHC.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

Prairie Home Companion is awful but is still must-listen radio compared to the absolute festering shitpile that is Eklektikos with John Aielli.
I have never heard of this. Like at all. Is it a widely-distributed show?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The goon who named his daughter Bernice Sandra.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.clickhole.com/article/political-crisis-antonin-scalias-vacant-supreme-co-4774

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

This American Life is PRI, not NPR.
It used to be PRI. Now it's distributed independently through PRX. Changed in 2014. http://www.thisamericanlife.org/blog/2014/05/radio-distribution-announcement

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Same as every other right wing position. What happens isn't as important as how it feels to you personally.
Isn't this literally every conservative argument in favor of hating trans people, "race realism," being anti-PC, etc?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WampaLord posted:

The Iron Rose might just be the worst person I've ever seen.
She is severely mentally ill, which is not a slight against those suffering from severe mental illnesses, but it is apparent from her posts that she has a very hard time seeing the world in a healthy way.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

What does healthy posting even look like?
The rabbit thread in Heavy Petting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Laurer is clearly one of those idiots who's easily cowed by "star power," which is something you get over at your first paper when you have to interview the mayor for the first time. Hence why he was able to interrupt Clinton, but is too star-struck to do it to Trump.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I disagree. Hes really embarassed Trump here
Trump embarrassed himself. Lauer did nothing because he is not a good journalist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

nvm I was misinformed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Daisy ad was LBJ and it only ran once.
Yep, I was mistaken. I just looked it up. I don't know what I'm confusing it with.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't understand why the Democratic Party is seemingly so institutionally incapable of addressing the problem.
Bad leadership.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

best guess? millennial journos who are impulsive
Lmao yeah, the problem is thay the loving Times is hiring too many darn youths, not a total failure of its leadership.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe this major newspaper whose leadership and most staff are all older experienced journalists is being destroyed because they hired a Twitter guy in his early 30s.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Hey reporters, we're changing our name to TRONC also please produce 2 listicles a week, 10 blog posts and make sure you're livetweeting or creating SnapStories when you're at an event.

Ray, your 10 month story on for-profit diploma mills was good, but it was only a 1.3 on the Viral scale, and it cost too much money. You're on Kimye duty for the next month.
Those aren't Millennials making those decisions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Millennials are the ones being told to churn out stupid poo poo because those are the jobs that exist, they're not in leadership capacities at major media.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

Right up until the circular firing squad complains it minimizes aids victims, then it's probatable.
Good av

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jewish conspiracy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Secret Twitter Illuminati Changing URLs ZOG Codeword Click Here To Learn What They Don't Want You To Know

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reminder, this is a map where Clinton still wins

Nice unskewed polls, bet you're feeling a little warm around the collar, huh Hillailure?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

this just in: hillary has died, she is dead. i can't believe hillary clinton died, on 9/11.
Clinton's last words were "Check out all the jet fuel I can drink."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Face it, Clinton will drop out by October.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

angerbeet posted:

I demand to see the long-form death certificate.
Hillary Clinton. Born Christian, died Muslim.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Donnell Trump Will Be President Forever

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, Clinton ignoring pneumonia the way Reagan ignored AIDS. Nice work, two Dem presidents failing America.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think you'll find that Clinton is on the defensive, now that she's basically ruined her chances of winning.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only thing that's closer to death's door than Clinton's campaign is Clinton.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

USPol thread: Waaahhhh the big bad media is mean to my chosen candidate uh bluh bluh bluh

Real adults: Actually, sexism was invented by misandrists in the 60s.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

His opponent's week was pretty bad, though.
It's true. History has completely forgotten the name of the specific young Japanese woman Truman was trying to kill, and even the reason why he felt it was necessary. But it ended the war, and I believe it was necessary.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It literally doesn't matter what Trump said in the past, so I don't know why people keep bringing it up. It also doesn't matter what Trump says in the present.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do poor/lower middle class people even know how to get out of paying taxes?
They get a brochure with their welfare checks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

haveblue posted:

It's the constant exposure to the worst white people in the world from this thread.
And in addition to D&D posters, there are some problems in America as well.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Well expect worse from Silver because he's on the GOPs payroll now
Link?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TVarmy posted:

But I'm sure we'll get a boring Republican in 2016.
I have some bad news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Popular trickster figure of Native American mythology Whiskey Chat.

• Locked thread