Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I still wish Obama had the willpower to push for a public option, but I can't get too upset because I qualified for the medicaid expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Until a radio station dedicates itself to video game soundtracks I have no choice but to play Splash Wave on full blast every day to work.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

She is severely mentally ill, which is not a slight against those suffering from severe mental illnesses, but it is apparent from her posts that she has a very hard time seeing the world in a healthy way.

What does healthy posting even look like?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Phone posted:

Are we going to see "I hope you get ads!" as an online insult gain popularity?

Right up until the circular firing squad complains it minimizes aids victims, then it's probatable.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Apparently, the entire Seattle Seahawks team is planning a protest of police brutality during the national anthem at their game this Sunday, September 11th.

Get ready for a lot of mad people.

best bird team :hawksin:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

VanSandman posted:

Even if Hildawg croaks of a mega-stroke-heart-attack-aneurism all at once on inauguration day, Kaine is still a better choice for president than Donald loving Trump.

If she croaks before the november vote, her vice does not automatically take her place. The decision falls back to the party, which basically means Bernie gets another chance.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Seattle had a nice summer this year, actually.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

speng31b posted:

What's the worst case scenario, she keels over and VP / running mate Tim-everyone's-dad-Kaine takes over? Running the country one dad joke at a time.

While I wouldn't call it worst case, I expect lots of heated opinions from goons if the party decides Bernie should take her place instead.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

there it is! the missing emails!!!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

Yes you are. That is 100% unironically what you are. You are literally making Hillary Health Truther arguments and trying to hide it with the same tiresome "Clinton supporters just don't want to say anything about their chosen god!!" argument.

you can't call out someone using a term you just invented, it needs time to percolate through the internet and get an official definition on urban dictionary or something

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Holy poo poo, pneumonia! The widowmaker...

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Is it too soon to celebrate Bernie's triumphant return?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm glad she's dead.

Just popped open a nice bottle of champagne in celebration.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I made it through the Bush years, I can make it through Trump.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Mister Adequate posted:

e; Tactics is a really bad SRPG tho, play Vandal Hearts or Front Mission or even Legend of Kartia instead.

:hfive:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Lastgirl posted:

Anderson asking the hard hitting questions "did you pass out?? did you faint??"

Full interview here.

gomer pyle is hillary, anderson is hartman and the obstacle is her medical records

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

This particular meme has plenty of uses and mutations, trying to tie the whole thing into the alt-right is ridiculous.

I kind of agree. It really depends on how much staying power pepe will have with the alt-right after the election. Once we start seeing pepe tattooed next to 14/88s and celtic crosses, then I will consider pepe truly lost.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Afraid of Audio posted:

i am glad pepe is dead

Hillary is forever debating pepe in hell, their demonic audience perpetually shouting REEEEEEEEEEE for all eternity.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Kilroy posted:

I hope we can extend Presidential terms to something like three decades soon, because it's really wearing me out being forced to give any fucks at all, for one year out of every four, what people in places like Ohio and Florida think about anything.

A single 8-year term would be nice, if only because it takes pressure off the president from having to worry about their next term.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
So how do I, a single-issue voter, determine who to vote for when neither candidate will support a basic income?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Pastrymancy posted:

I have the sneaking suspicion Jill Stein is not a very smart person

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/777901364089331712

Did she like stay in a homeopathic medicine bender during the entire primary or something?

Ok so like, I was on the fence with her. I was like yeah she's anti-vax and anti-nuclear, but she got points for showing up to the pipeline rally at least, and she isn't terrible on other leftist stuff.

But insulting Bernie? That's crossing the line.

Pakled posted:

I've seen this exact same analogy applied to men, with regard to rape.

Ditto, but -rape and +gamergate. Which makes this whole thing extra weird.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Some people in this thread need to stop trying so desperately hard to panic about something.

Didn't you panic over the dallas sniper setting back race relations?

Also, I suspect GBS will not be gone for long.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yes, the monkey statue was only solvable one in ten times. From the front the pieces all looked like they would fit easily, but there were several statues and they mixed up the parts so they wouldn't click together properly in the back. It's a neatly packaged little lesson in what it means when a majority of people are failing at something that looks "so easy" from your perspective.

Where did you hear about that?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

In a conference room at Nickelodeon HQ, but the AV club interview with LotHT host Kirk Fogg backs me up iirc

Sorry to ruin your clever metaphor, but the interview says nothing about multiple copies of the silver monkey.

quote:

Despite all this, Fogg seems to look back on Legends Of The Hidden Temple with a great deal of fondness, referring to the show as “iconic.” He even says he became “an expert” at the show’s single most difficult challenge, the notorious Shrine Of The Silver Monkey. “These three things looked similar together because they’re kind of all silver, so you have to stack them on,” he explains. Vintage clips of the show demonstrate just how obfuscating the Silver Monkey could be. And this was just one part of the remorseless gauntlet that was Legends Of The Hidden Temple. Sorry, kids, but the game was unwinnable by design.

Google is spitting up the same answers from other interviews. Everything about the show in general being extra hard and kids just too exausted to do something as simple as stacking a three piece silver monkey.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Filthy Hans posted:

What's the story behind the demise of Gibbis? Did the Taxman just shut it down for being lovely, or was there more?

FactsAreUseless providing some transparency: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791165&userid=172615&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

ZDR wants a new GBS, one with better posters and moderation.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Lightning Knight posted:

"I'm offended by jokes about how terrible white people are for being hella racist on the internet."

If you're willing to joke about it, chances are you actually want white genocide.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Is it wrong that I thought of the "bring out your dead" skit? Not everyday you get someone reported dead, then alive, then dead again in such a short time.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Interesting contrast between Lighting Knight joking about dead whites and Doredrin joking about dead minorities.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Liquid Communism posted:

Because if they continue to stonewall nominations long enough the midterm elections will be a bloodbath of epic proportions. (As opposed to the significant bloodbath I expect in the downticket elections for the GOP this year.)

I kinda want to see it happen.

And yet they stonewall each time there's a budget crisis. Nobody got punished for that in the polls. There's a good chance they won't be punished for stonewalling nominations even after Clinton is elected.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You'd think that by now someone would've asked Hillary if she has changed her opinion about games.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's good to see that everyone agrees Clinton won the debate. I honestly thought it was going to be a wash and we'd have to arzy some more.

Trump's reaction this afternoon to the result.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

skylined! posted:

I know, those ankle socks are embarrassing.

I don't get the hate for ankle socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

:fsmug:

• Locked thread