Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

And then like 10 minutes later on another segment of the same show Cornell Belcher straight up called the dude Uncle Ruckus, and Joy Reid lost her poo poo laughing as she tried to wrap the show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lid posted:

Morning show host has an age limit

Joe Scarborough's trying his damndest to disprove that :v: Then again, Morning Joe isn't so much a morning show than it is a social experiment about how long a group of people who fundamentally hate one another can sit around a table before each tires to kill all the others.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Matt Lauer is also apparently a massive loving poo poo in real life, so it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

It's funny because I was in line at a Wal-Mart checkout last night and one of the tabloid covers that caught my eye as I was scanning about the place trying to numb the existential boredom that comes from waiting in line in a drat Wal-Mart had a headline in bright yellow block letters that screamed "I SOLD MATT LAUER COCAINE!" At first I just rolled my eyes at it thinking it was just opportunistic bullshit thrown out there because Lauer would be in the headlines again because of tonight's forum, but now... I'm not so certain.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Kaine-Pence VP debate is gonna be boring as poo poo. Can we just being Joe and Paul back and have them remix the '12 VP debate. Uncle Joe deserves to get a couple of good victory dunks in on Ryan before driving off into the sunset in his Air Force Two-themed Trans AM.

E: gently caress while we're at it, have Hillary take a knowing pause half way through the Town Hall Presidential debate, then have Obama come running out on stage to the tune of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" and have him tag in for 15 minutes so he can go to town on Trump right to his face.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 11, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Saeka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQueaSlvjCw

Good god, Donald Trump is loving insane.

Welcome back, Keith. It's been a long four years, hasn't it? :allears:

Please don't get fired from GQ before the election's over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ivanka Trump doesn't exactly handle herself very well in this Cosmopolitan interview about the Trump campaign's family leave proposal. Basically once the interviewer starts asking her what happens with paternity leave/gay male couples and paid leave, she falls apart

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a3356886/ivanka-trump-child-care-maternity-leave-policy/

Literally got up and ran from the interview after 5 and a half questions. I had said after her RNC speech, "you know, her dad's a massive shithead, but I bet she could make a decent senator or congresswoman if she got out from under his thumb and actually ran as a Democrat."

I take that back. gently caress the entire Trump family, top to bottom. I hope Trump losing in November preemptively kills Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric, and Miscellaneous Trump's future political careers (because you know Donald would try to helicopter parent them into elected office as a gently caress you to the electorate that rejected him) before they begin.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

I believe him. Hysterical blindness is a very real thing.

He claimed it was a form of macular degeneration though. Really, he just used it to bilk more money out of his fading audience in preparation for Fox shitcanning him after Angelo Carusone successfully managed to drive every single advertiser that wasn't old people scams like LifeLock, Zero Water, or Lifestyle Lift away from Beck's timeslot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bushiz posted:

You're confusing Fillion with firefly Adam Baldwin (No Relation) who is full-bore crazy and on the trump train. Fillion was pretty much the ideal of "quietly liberal" and made a couple snarky tweets against obama.

Yeah, the main Firefly cast is all still pretty tight with each other... except for Adam Baldwin. It used to be you'd see Fillion, Baldwin, and Alan Tudyk all doing stuff together like voices characters in Halo games or internet and convention stuff. Then Baldwin just fell right down the alt-right Breitbart hole and revealed what a truly repugnant human being he is and they just pretty much severed with him.

I've said this in the Right Wing Media thread, but it's kind of depressing to go back and rewatch episodes of Firefly when you have to quiet the thoughts in the back of your head trying to remind you that everyone on board Serenity hates Jayne in real life too :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Deified Data posted:

Nah - he dies and his empire shifts to these guys:

Donald is only allowed to die once he's destitute and has no remaining legacy.

I would put hard money down that Trump bequeaths his vestigial empire to Ivanka purely to spite these two useless goombas and the two Miscellaneous Trumps not old enough yet to be publicly monstrous like the rest of the family.

...Well, that and to buy Ivanka's silence from beyond the grave about every creepy thing he's no doubt done to her for decades :barf:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Hill has been anti-Hillary to an almost goofy degree for a long while now. It used to be you could go onto r/politics in the runup to the DNC and see the front page clogged with like 15 different Hillary conspiracy stories published by The Hill because the #NeverHillary rubes ate that poo poo up like Pringles.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Please god tell me that this is the prelude to another Chris Christie-style hostage video news conference where the Zodiac Killer is trapped on silently stage in camera shot behind Trump and cannot move for 90 minutes until Trump finally runs out of things to bargle about :pray:

Also, please, god, let Mark Cuban go full Shark Tank on Trump during the debate on Monday. Just stare daggers at him the whole time, make obvious jerk-off motions with his hands, and then shout out "bullshit!" when Trump starts talking about economic stuff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Actually, I think I just figured it out. This is all a part of Ted Cruz's 5d chess game to sink Trump.

Step 1) Publicly endorse Trump
Step 2) Talk about being inseparable from him ideologicaly
Step 3) Shut down the government
Step 4) Brag to the media that it was Trump's idea and Trump supports it 100%
Step 5) Watch Trump's poll numbers crater
Step 6) Return to the oily pond that killed Tasha Yar on TNG from whence he came in triumph

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Remember a lot of people in this thread calling Kim Kardashian smart because she built a brand off of having a big rear end and a sex tape?

https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/779382595922620416

Well, that's gonna make it really loving awkward when Kanye runs in the 2020 Democratic primary :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

canepazzo posted:

Trump "wins" first debate 36 hours before it starts:

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/780072171339120641

HEMPSTEAD, NY: Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton stuns debate audience by walking out on stage wielding a flamethrower with the words "BIG FACTS" painted on it and immolating debate moderator Lester Holt.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Given what we've seen of his elder son and his hands-on approach to his daughter, God only knows how much damage having him as a father does to you.

I bet the only reason she seems like a halfway decent and functional human being is because Ivana probably tried to physically shield her from Donald's horribleness as much as she could before she lost custody in the divorce.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
r/politics is getting kind of giddy that Trump might skip the townhall debate. They're going "maybe they'll swap in Gary Johnson! This'll be good exposure for Johnson! He'll pull votes away from Clinton!"

And I'm thinking, no, she will suplex Johnson through the table she lined up for Trump in Trump's stead. She just needs to ask him he's figured out what Aleppo is yet or not.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oracle posted:

Zell Miller.

In ol' Zell's "defense" he at least said he regrets acting like such a cranky rear end in a top hat during the 04 election... out in public anyway.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

Rick Wilson really does want to just stick it where it hurts for 4chan.

It'll be a sad day when Trump finally disappears and Rick Wilson goes back to bring just another run of the mill shitbag Republican hack :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pakled posted:

Looking at the current top-voted posts it's clear that the votes so far are pretty right-leaning. Lots of loaded questions clearly meant to benefit Trump.

My favorite one so far:

Globalism, why do you support it or oppose it and why?

:downs:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

How many times does this have to happen before people learn that it doesn't work?

Like I'm almost surprised I'm not seeing "Votey McVoteface" followed by "Dicks out for Harambe."

To be fair, I saw a "JR from Texas" mixed in there. That's like the old person equivilant of Dicks Out, right?

I mean JR also got shot like Harambe, soooo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Please let this lead to another organization rending rift within Breitbart as a scorned Bannon turns the alt-right on Trump and Milo gets torn apart in the middle of the slap fight between his boss and "Daddy".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

greatn posted:

I guess Trump wouldn't pay for the F35, he'd just tell Boeing to sit and spin.

Watch this lead to some bizzarre Tom Clancy/Ace Combat scenario where a major defense contractor literally declares war on the White House because the President is some cheap, petty rear end in a top hat.

Also the F-35 is Lockheed Martin's little shitbaby :eng101:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Night10194 posted:

How significant is a Cuba connection likely to be?

Depends on who Cuban expats in Florida hate more, Castro, or Clinton. Otherwise, nothing matters (unless it suddenly does, which case we won't know it matters until it matters).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also Jim Webb was really loving amped about :byodood:CHINA:byodood: for some reason.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

New Hillary ad with Sanders, Warren, Biden, and the Obamas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeCWs4xf7EU

I wonder what the Reddit Millennial Shitbag #NeverHillary response to this is gonna be. Like, I already know what it's gonna be, but I just want to see how far up their own asses are they this late in the game?

I wonder if it will ever top that one guy the day after the 2014 Senate blow out wrote that "Well, I didn't vote, but here's a 2,000 word essay on why my opinion REALLY matters!" post in terms of cognitive dissonance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

Also it was asked pages ago about how foreigners are looking at this election and speaking as one lonely Canadian I am watching this election with fascination and dread. We just elected a fairly progressive Prime Minister and to see our brothers to the south consider swinging the other way (and openly embrace fascism) is really disconcerting.

This is my opinion too. I've always been more interested in US politics because "lol canadian politics is boring :v:" thanks to our relatively sane and stable leaders. Even Stephen Harper, who was a huge small-c conservative rear end in a top hat, was still a "sane" leader compared to Any Given Post-Reagan Republican. It's been a rare treat to see the US and Canadian leaders actually genuinely like, respect, and agree with one another after a decade and a half of being politically out of synch since Bill Clinton and Jean Chrétien left office.

The thought of Justin Trudeau having to go from working with someone like Barack Obama to something like Donald Trump makes my stomach turn :canada:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gyges posted:

So Gary Johnson couldn't name a world leader he looked up to. His running mate threw out a dead guy(Perez), and a retired guy(Fox), before finally ending the episode by saying Merkel and satisfying the shouty head of Chris Mathews.

Donald then answers the same question with Merkel, who he then goes on a short Trump tirade about how she's actually bad.

Hillary laughs when given the question and also answers Merkel.

Surprisingly Jill Stein bucked the trend when asked/trying to be noticed and did not say Merkel. Unfortunately she also failed to list any world leaders.

Harambe of course looked up to Simba.

Unrelatedly, how the gently caress do so many of you not know what a corn cob is, other than something you turn into when owned sufficiently? It's what's left after you shuck the corn and the corn kernels are removed. Really old guys and Popeye use them to make pipes.

While I'm heartened that Stein named Elizabeth May as one of her idols, like Politico says, May is only an MP in Canada, not an actual world leader. Also May probably laughs her rear end off every time she hears Jill Stein say anything in public because Elizabeth May is a sane person who our PM actually works with on climate matters.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

North Carolina's also swinging back to blue if the Now-Cast bears out into the actual polls. And Ohio looks to be close behind it too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/781755469488615424

I literally stopped noticing any difference between his and the parody accounts (Denald's the best one and worth your follow, by the way).

Donny, what are you doing tweeting at 12:20 AM? Shouldn't you be in bed?

I, for the record, ruined my sleep patterns in my teenage years and they've never recovered. I'm not rumning for President, either.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mohawk Potato posted:

So if any one wants to gaze into the mind of a Trump supporter. Jus had a guy at my job tell me Hilary is desperate and that's why the Cuba findings are coming out now as well as the Miss Universe things. Also all polls are wrong and Trump is up by a lot, people are just too scared to admit they will vote Trump. So yeah alternate reality.

Another great glimpse into the mind of a diehard Trumper was AJ Delgado on Thomas Roberts on MSNBC about an hour ago, scrambling to jump on every last political hand grenade Trump pulled the pin on and dumped at his own feet.

She literally resorted to saying Trump was doing great among Latinos and women because she was a Latino woman and she supports Trump.

Reminder: this was a woman Mediaite fired because she couldn't stop herself from engaging in brutal flame wars with people who commented on articles she wrote.

loving MEDIAITE!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At this rate, I bet Kellyanne Conway will quit of her own volition before the Trump kids fire her.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

Doubled down on the Machado stuff at three am, then said angry sexist tweets in the wee hours in the morning prove that he would make the better president.

And a videotaped deposition of him having to explain away his racist campaign rhetoric AND admitting under oath that he doesn't read any legal documents he's handed, just signs them sight unseen, was made public today by court order :eng101:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, if they're able to factor all the poo poo that came spilling out today into it then tomorrow's SNL debate between McKinnon and Baldwin is going to be loving amazing :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

greatn posted:

I hope they have Kaine prepared for the Clinton mistress and Clinton rape attacks. If I were Trump that would be my cowardly strategy, bring that poo poo up with someone not as familiar with it, when she is not around to defend herself.

The thing I want to see happen, the thing that must happen at some point is Kaine dunking on Pence while using his lovely Trump impression to do so.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

A VP debate where Kaine is politely asking Pence questions that either force Pence to defense Trump's worst poo poo or disagree with his running mate on national TV is reason enough to watch it.

The candidates sit down at the table, the moderator begins by asking for opening statements. Pence goes first because he won the coin toss. The moderator turns to Kaine, "Senator Kaine, your opening statement?"

Kaine takes a deep breath, opens his mouth. Suddenly, in the background, MEGALOVANIA from Undertale begins playing in the background.

And doesn't stop till the debate's over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

axeil posted:

But...Megalovania is the song about you becoming the very evil you sought to destroy...

Its also the song that plays when the unassuming round-headed little guy with the charmingly bad sense of humor wrecks your poo poo because you became an evil monster.

Still fits :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aerox posted:

https://soundcloud.com/mbeddit/megalovania-cover-take-2

Edit: This is incredibly off-beat which makes it even funnier

The Song That Might Play When You Fight Tim Kaine :dunkedon:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I don't know if it's been posted in this thread or not, but this was really amazing: over 70 major actors, writers, and producers who've worked on the Star Trek franchise came out today and signed off on a public service letter utterly dunking on Trump.

That includes every* living main cast member of the five TV shows and the reboot movies, the children of deceased actors/producers (like Leonard Nimoy and Gene and Majel Roddenberry's kids), big-name Trek producers like JJ Abrams, Bryan Fuller, and Rick Berman, and prominent Trek guest stars. The only notable absences are William Shatner (Canadian citizen), Patrick Stewart (British citizen), and Jolene Blalock (who has distanced herself from Trek because of how lovely the producers on Enterprise treated her), Garret Wong (similar story) and Jeri Ryan (who was married to ex-Republican senator Jack Ryan--aka the guy whose seat Obama won after his divorcing Jeri torpedoed his political career).

Still, that's a loving amazing list of people.

*E: on closer inspection, Nichelle Nichols, Robert Beltran, Roxann Dawson, and Avery Brooks aren't on the list. So not EVERY living main cast member, but the vast majority of them, at least.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 1, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fojar38 posted:

It must suck to have all of your heroes come out and tell you that your political views are dumb and bad and wrong.

I was gonna say that "and even worse, knowing that both Captains Picard and Kirk would be on that list too if weren't legally prohibited from signing it", but I don't think anyone who would be getting pissed at that letter understands international electoral laws anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fojar38 posted:

I'm really surprised that Avery Brooks isn't on there though, to be honest. Dude directed and starred in Far Beyond The Stars

Same, to be honest. Though if The Captains was anything to go on, Brooks is also kind of cuckoo for coco-puffs, or was just straight up loving with Shatner for the duration of his interview segment for it.

I'm also surprised Jeri Ryan's not on the list too. Though seeing as how her marriage imploding was a major step on the road to giving us President Obama, I can see why she'd be gunshy about entering to political arena in any capacity again.

The one I'm not surprised to not see on there is Manny Coto. For as much as the Trek fandom admires him as "The Man Who (Almost) Saved Enterprise", dude is a hardcore Republican.

• Locked thread