Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Radish posted:

I could see Trump skipping out on the debates if he won saying "there's nothing left to be said from loser Hillary" and just coasting on that while she tries to ineffectually shame him into a rematch. However he did so bad there he has to do better for the next two so he can't just leave it like that and look like a huge loser. There's no way the media wouldn't eviscerate him for skipping on one of their biggest events every four years.

I admit I'm a LIIITTLE nervous for the next debate since the bar for Hillary is higher now she's a winner but I'm still confident that Trump is a toddler in a fat suit so rather than learn a lesson from last night will just be his rear end in a top hat self again.

To be honest Hillary won by making Trump lose so I think she still has room to grow and improve. It's not like she gave a stirring performance that can't be topped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Meh. Nobody should expect stirring, Oscar-winning debate performance from Hillary because that's not what she's about and it's not important to being the President. We've been spoiled by 8 years of Obama, but most people aren't that good at debate or speech giving.

That said, Hillary is good at giving no fucks and being unshakeable and she proved that last night.

That wasn't a criticism of her, just a response to the idea that the bar is going to be set higher for her because she won the first debate. I thought she did well but could have done much better given the opportunities she's getting and her knowledge and skill.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Majorian posted:

Boom. See, this is how a presidential campaign is supposed to work. They've got it all teed up perfectly.

Trump snarling "where did you find this? where did you find this?" as Clinton told the story, instead of denying it feels like it should be a campaign defining moment. It played like a villain in a movie getting his comeuppance.

Edit: quoted the wrong post :v:

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 27, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Night10194 posted:

"Don't play chess with a pigeon. It'll poo poo all over everything, knock the pieces over, then strut about like it won."

Describes Donny pretty well.

Weirdly I see this quote all the time in right-wing circles, attributed to Putin talking about Obama. It's obviously fake but they loving love it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Watching the debate now.

Trump really is a terrible speaker. I've only ever seen segments before (from Daily Show mostly) and there's NO substance to his tirades. Everything is just random babbling with a lot of "fantastic" and other adjectives thrown in. Nothing he actually says sticks, or seems to have any real substance at all.

He gives me intense flashbacks to stumbling through getting called on in class after not doing the reading.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

"I am very underleveraged, I have a great company, I have a tremendous income"

I...just....it just seems so goddamn arrogant to talk like this about yourself. How could ANYONE find him likeable?

And now he's talking about airports? Donny, how much coke DID you take tonight?

"From a report I just saw", fuckling LOOOOL

It's remarkable how he has to relate EVERYTHING to his personal empire. "This country, I have a hotel there..." "This city, I did many business deals there...". I saw a couple people point out how transparent it is that he can only conceptualize people and places in terms of what they are worth to him personally.

What's even more remarkable is that like 40-49% of voters see that and think "yeah I'll vote for him."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

You do NOT want to be the child of a clinical narcissist.

Whatever their advantages, I feel bad for Don Jr., Barron, and Ivanka.

lol now imagine having an rear end in a top hat father who doesn't give you a life of infinite privilege and wealth.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

I was impressed that Hillary outlined a bold progressive economic vision in the early part of the debate, something Bernie Sanders points out as well

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rade-and-wages/

Because this was at the beginning of the debate, it literally got overshadowed by Trump stringing together coherent sentences without snarling, yelling, or saying slurs. It's crazy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

thegoonofaudio posted:

I'm mad Donald called out us 400lb 1337 hackers that work from our beds. just lost the neckbeard vote.

He probably thought they'd be a safe target since they never leave their basement, but everyone knows Tuesdays are when Blizzard does server maintenance. Classic unprepared Donald.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

So, is there a left-wing equivalent of Pepe? A meme that's pretty much exclusively used by the left, even if it didn't start that way. Friend and I were idly talking about it. Twitter has a pretty strong left slant so there's got to be something.

Slay queen yaaaass

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Trump snarling "where did you find this? WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?" as Hillary revealed a damning anecdote about him instead of denying it or saying literally anything else at all was a perfect moment. She probably didn't think she'd get that reaction in her wildest dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm not gonna lie a small part of me is worried because hateful bigoted morons have a candidate riling them up more than any in recent history. They HATE Hillary, as much as they hate the first black president, and unlike either of Obama's elections there are major figures in their party inciting them to violence. At the very least several people are going to be seriously injured on election day due to Trump telling his morons to police the polling stations.

• Locked thread