Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is this for the one district that sometimes goes blue or the entire state?

The entire state, I think. I'm going to just imagine it's an outlier because this state is full of shitters outside Omaha, and still pretty shitter-heavy inside the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gyges posted:

According to the 538 data placement, it's statewide.

Will we finally have an election map that lets you drive up and down the coasts and across the country without ever having to enter a red state?

Yeah and I-80 goes through Nebraska

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Insulin and Epipen price hikes really seem like the kind of thing that will get otherwise lovely people on board with reforming that poo poo. Similar to how the spike in lilyass rurals/suburbanites ODing on heroin suddenly saw a bunch of otherwise lovely garbage realizing criminalizing drug addiction wasn't a good option.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lightning Knight posted:

:laffo: is that a Trump supporter in the wild? Or better yet, a Bernie bro?

What's the difference?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Paul MaudDib posted:

frankly I don't think we can afford not to have a taco truck on every corner. do we really want to allow a taco gap?

No we shouldn't allow a taco gap because I want to be able to pick up a couple lengua tacos for lunch with more convenience.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh my god I was just thinking about this the other day, it was seriously the best poo poo. :allears:

Oh is this the one where all the satellites fell out of the sky and all the air went away?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Keep in mind she hired psychologists onto the debate prep crew for the presumable purpose of surgically pissing Trump off.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/08/donald-trump-wont-prepare-for-the-debates.html

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 5, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lightning Knight posted:

That's actually rather hilarious.

Also not really counter to what I'm saying. I expect Hillary will do great in the debates. Full stop. I just also think Joe Blow Average American won't appreciate how qualified she is, and how unqualified Trump is, because Hillary can be a brilliant consummate politician deserving of the job of leader of the goddamned free world and your average jackass will still find "make America great again (by kicking out all the non-white people)" compelling.

I don't think Trump will gain a meaningful share of the vote that way, but I also think Hillary's performance on the debate stage, no matter how well she does, will not be appreciated by most non-politically active Americans. I'm positing the notion that Hillary has a ceiling on how well the American public will perceive her debate performance, no matter how well she actually does. While Trump has a floor. That blows, but it's not enough to swing the election. Though it is possibly enough to make certain posters go through an extra bottle of anxiety meds.

Note that I really really want to be proven wrong. I'm just being the pessimist, for our purposes.

Edit: I'll be perfectly honest, Donald Trump could probably say the n-word or another equally vile slur on the debate stage and the media would probably still bend over backwards to justify his existence as the Republican presidential nominee. His bar is set so goddamn low that nothing would surprise me anymore.

I think the "piss Trump off so he calls Hillary a oval office on national television" strategy is a way of accounting for the fact that sane and qualified is not flashy, but being ripshit bonkers is a deadly liability. Hillary wants to bring that out into the klieg glare and show that to the country and Donald is probably going to let her do it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

What if they just put him on downers again

What if they replaced him with Ben Carson and nobody said a goddamn thing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Trump...Trump is like a car. And you look and there is nobody at the wheel and everybody is like LOOK OUT ITS GOING TO SWERVE ALL OVER THE ROAD WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE AHHH

* dramatic pause punctuated by a self satisfied smirk*

..but it doesn't, does it? Everything's okay. It stays the course. Because that car is driven by a robot. And that robot is the freedom loving american electorate. Now, Hillary Clinton is like a watch. She has all these facts and figures and oh sure, it's water proof, we guarantee it, we promise. The eggheads promise. But look what happens when you wear it in the shower. The steam gets in. Just like the cash and your tax dollars getting into Bill's fat bank accounts.

Oh sure Hillary is just like the watch, just waiting for the opportunity to tell you motherfuckers what time it is.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Geostomp posted:

Texas going blue is a sign of Hell freezing over.

Ice isnt normally blue like that. I mean, if you get really deep glacial ice it's a nice blue color but typically it's going to be white.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yinlock posted:

Wow, that's Fox News level omission right there.

:laffo: if you just take out the age bracket most likely to vote for Hillary then it looks like Trump is closing the gap!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

What's that ratio of three star flag officers to the total number of signers?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trabisnikof posted:

The best case scenario for Clinton is if the debates go as if it was written for a sketch on Prairie Home Companion.

Preferably if it was News from Lake Wobegon or Guy Noir, but Powdermilk Biscuits or Ketchup Advisory Board would still work.

Pretty sure Garrison Keillor isn't going to do it no matter how many posts try to make it happen.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He'll release them in conjunction with the Trump Pivot.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I am phone posting so I can't just make a quick Photoshop putting eyeholes on those hoods in the logo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

vyelkin posted:

Trump is running for Roman Emperor. Fire the generals, imprison your rivals, take the resources of those you conquer, entertain the plebs.

Bribe the Senones after they sack your city because they defeated your army in a war you started when your aristocratic failsons killed their emissary.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nessus posted:

I remember when I was in grade school and we had stacks of old Readers' Digests around for some reason, and I read one and it had a quote from George HW Bush saying 'I think liberals are more like wishful thinkers' and I thought, 'hee hee, does that mean I should apply sunscreen wishful-thinkerily?'

And now we know why McCain has skin tumors.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:laffo: watch him fire Conway if the other polls start going against him too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Night10194 posted:

If (and this is a big if) this happens and he does that, it will prove he's a massive dumbass. She's pretty much single-handedly saved his campaign from completely imploding, even if he's still in pretty bad shape.

Oh yeah it's totally an open question and has been for a few months, he has still yet to prove he's a massive dumbass.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Night10194 posted:

Considering he started doing better when he started 'softening' on Immigration, I would hope deciding to go Full Hitler and pull the rug away pretty definitively would hurt him.

Sounds about right - people might have been warming to him when he said he'd visit Mexico, but then he turned out to have straight up lied about discussing The Wall and then gave that lebensraum speech. It'll be interesting to see whether the uptick for Hillary holds or if it's just more noise.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tuberculosis-ridden stroke victim who can't even stand without assistance somehow can be fed info from a hidden earpiece without constantly pressing it into her ear and yelling "HUH?" and having weird fugue-like spells of staring blankly while listening intently to the voice in the earpiece. Yep, checks out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

Okay y'all I did some investigative reporting and Huma is definitely into some Demonic poo poo. I emailed that .goy address of hers and a bunch of gibberish from a daemon came back :tinfoil:

Oh you'd better hope it wasn't Mailer. That one's a class 7 daemon and you'll need the Pope to bless the gently caress out of you for protection.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Whose troll alt is Boxcar? Hes been registered since 2000 but has 100 posts, 90 of which are in this thread.

Probably Boosted_C5 because boxcars have lots of hobos inside them just like everyone in the boosted household.

E: TheLastManStanding

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 9, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dermit posted:

Wear the hat.

I was wrong, it isn't boosted unless TheLastManStanding is also boosted. This guy was just a low-energy concern troll back in the early days when people thought Bernie was competitive. Couldn't even really get much of a reaction out of anyone because it was such a flaccid effort.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wow the TLMS quotes are pretty telling that "brokedick concern troll" is about as good as he can do. TLMS is probably a shellshocked Jeb! fan who bounced from failure to failure until faced with only Trump as the nominee. Then he decided the best option was to get all olive oyl over Hillary being a middle aged lady with a career and a record to talk about like those are such glaring liabilities in this election.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

vorebane posted:

There are dryers powered by gas? My google-fu gives no insight as to the gasiness of the dryer. The marines do seem to be coming like a sack of bricks on this, which is good.

Fake edit: I miss Layton.

Yeah, there are gas-fired dryers. They allegedly make clothes fluffier than electric ones but I've never noticed much of a difference other than it being an extra fire hazard on top of lint clogs.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khorre posted:

In my experience, they dry faster.

this is probably true.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Augus posted:

I thought our military brass had "turned to rubble" or something?

He straight up insulted everyone in the room when Layer compared the ex-military backing the candidates, something like "oh these people have been losing for years now" which was pretty :laffo:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Doctor Butts posted:

My god I can't imagine how people put up with second rate crap like electric stoves/ranges and electric dryers.

Agreed on the stove/range, dryers eh they dry quicker with gas so yeah that's an improvement.

Grills though? Gas is a crutch for the weak.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

greatn posted:

Is it kinda sad that Duke gives himself lowest billing and puts himself barely on the periphery?

periphery of the bedroom too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

On death's door with a diagnosis of pneumonia because that poo poo's a death sentence.

E: and she locked it from the inside, nobody else does now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FilthyImp posted:

I just have a hard time believing Nancy Reagan would push for advances in stem cell research without the horrible helplessness of watching her hubbie turn into barely ambulatory pudding. Much in the way they were both AIDS LOLZ until Rock Hudson bit it .

Or the way that suddenly, mysteriously, the Opioid Epidemic demands us to invest into community rehab services, counseling and support structures, instead of locking everyone up forever and ever amen. Who will help our poor, white, struggling north-easterners!

That's the most darkly humorous part of the opioid problem - for decades people with addiction were marginalized as junkies who look a certain way. Now it's Vern who lives down the street and hasn't been showing up to Elks meetings as often as he used to. People didnt think anything of the criminalization of addiction until their valedictorian daughter was found with her lungs full of vomit and a needle in her arm.

Comedically, that perception of black people as junkies means doctors didn't do the overprescription antics they did with white people over the past few decades, so it's largely old whitey ODing on heroin or the hillbilly variant thereof.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trump probably told them to stop, and since it's unlikely that there's a Russian cuisine restaurant nearby they decided to go with the next most oppressive superpower.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

uninterrupted posted:

Uh, Russia House is a thing.

Well I stand corrected, though I wouldn't put it past them to not recognize it since it's all about Tsarist Russia and not the USSR these jackwagons probably think has existed forever.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dilfer played for the bucs, little else needs to be said.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crabtree posted:

Right, it was the NC officials that pushed the Bathroom poo poo and then kept going with it even when their supposed benevolent corporate overlords like the NBA and Target shat on them for it instead of coming out to say how oppressed they are to let certain people have bathroom privileges. Weren't there a lot of out state idiots that "volunteered" to be bathroom hunters and demagogues for this?

Trump may be a big enough black swan to make the impossibility of NC voting modern Dem possible. They likely won't have a good new senate pick though.

This is best illustrated by the NCGOP's response to the NCAA pulling all their events.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Darth123123 posted:

I'm new here but should I vote Hillary or trump?

Tidings, Brother, have you heard the good news about dat boi Gary?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shifty Pony posted:

International real estate is basically ground zero for organized money laundering, embezzlement, and fraud. Trump having ties ties to all sorts of awful characters wouldn't be shocking at all.

As an AML investigator for a bank whose footprint includes the West coast, confirming this times a million. The visa fraud going on is staggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FairGame posted:

For gently caress's sake, people, the only things I'm saying are:

1.) A Trump victory is possible, and "post a map" is a dumb response to it because there's a perfectly realistic map for it.
2.) That realistic map is more likely due to HRC's lovely weekend which is only just now starting to come out in polling data because there's a lagging effect
3.) Denying 1 and 2 are silly

And suddenly I'm either Arzy 2.0 or a secret Trump supporter.

Bring back LF.

"Denying 1 and 2 are silly" is just as bad as your portrayal of people referring to Trump's chances in quantum probabilistic terms, but ay least the subjects of your strawman have basis in reality. Hillary has maintained a national lead and outside-MOE leads in enough states to clear 270 for months now despite several "hell week" types of news events. If you want to say you're expecting her to take an election-changing hit in polling from her stumble/pneumonia this weekend that's fine but you shouldn't be getting lovely over people who are skeptical about it because she didn't fall out of the lead when the FBI director bluntly called her email usage a goddamn irresponsible catastrophe, she didn't fall out of the lead when all the poo poo about the Clinton Foundation and CGI came out, and she didn't fall out of the lead with any of the coughing fits caught on video and blared through the news cycle. It's less reasonable at this point to expect "passing out from pneumonia and heat exhaustion" is the backbreaking straw than it is to claim that the public has long since been flooded with sensationalism over every cough and misstep caught on camera from Clinton and fatigue is a thing, especially when the same sources have cried wolf repeatedly for years now.

• Locked thread