Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

I spent 7 hours in the ER yesterday due to alcoholism and possibly jesus

it was jesus. i had massive chest pains and was ushered out in favor of a cyclist hit by a icrecream truck. the apostles were so believing bc they were still drunk after 3 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im still convinced im doomed

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Orkin Mang posted:

it was jesus. i had massive chest pains and was ushered out in favor of a cyclist hit by a icrecream truck. the apostles were so believing bc they were still drunk after 3 days

i thopuht i had a bloot clot in my lungs but it was just alcoholism

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

just ray posted:

i thopuht i had a bloot clot in my lungs but it was just alcoholism

what are the symptoms pls

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Orkin Mang posted:

what are the symptoms pls

the blood clot or the alcoholism?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I also finished Ready Player One for a book club and I recommend it if you like loving horrible wish fulfillment books about video games and loving a robot pussy

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

gigawhite posted:

I also finished Ready Player One for a book club and I recommend it if you like loving horrible wish fulfillment books about video games and loving a robot pussy

i assume you are a virgin

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Have you considered the Bible, OP? Maybe the Qu'ran?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

just ray posted:

the blood clot or the alcoholism?

how does alcoholism lead to a bloodclot pls and can a amblucance team pick it up per favor

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

gigawhite posted:

This is probably the worst book I've ever read, or at least the worst I actually finished

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quote-Unquote posted:

Have you considered the Bible, OP? Maybe the Qu'ran?

did u know that jonah wasnt swallowed by whale? he was eaten by a fish and he died in the belly of the thing and was taken to some biblical poo poo like the roots of the earth. he was then as a rotting corpse regurgirated on the shores of some city that probly trades in barley and resurrected on the shore hence the gospel cite

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Orkin Mang posted:

how does alcoholism lead to a bloodclot pls and can a amblucance team pick it up per favor

no i trove myself cauwe i thought i was dying and the the blood clod ended up being (if they are telling the truth) a strained rib buscle from vomiting so mmuch ,they gave me 3 bags of fluid and something for my tremors / alcoholism

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

just ray posted:

no i trove myself cauwe i thought i was dying and the the blood clod ended up being (if they are telling the truth) a strained rib buscle from vomiting so mmuch ,they gave me 3 bags of fluid and something for my tremors / alcoholism

they say theres no problem with my heart but i keep getting these events. maybe its my ribs. its always after i drink for a week then stop and feel like im a exhaling bellows

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Orkin Mang posted:

they say theres no problem with my heart but i keep getting these events. maybe its my ribs. its always after i drink for a week then stop and feel like im a exhaling bellows

if its beating fast or irregular you might have worlf parkinsons which is potentially deadly if your heart stops beating. or it could be severe dyhydration from alcoholism. or a blod clot.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Orkin Mang posted:

did u know that jonah wasnt swallowed by whale? he was eaten by a fish and he died in the belly of the thing and was taken to some biblical poo poo like the roots of the earth. he was then as a rotting corpse regurgirated on the shores of some city that probly trades in barley and resurrected on the shore hence the gospel cite

Did u know... that it's all fiction and the bible isn't true???

Checkmate, religitard :smug:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

just ray posted:

if its beating fast or irregular you might have worlf parkinsons which is potentially deadly if your heart stops beating. or it could be severe dyhydration from alcoholism. or a blod clot.

they checked me out and said it was ok just a bump in the rhytm occasionally. but someimes i feel like im dying and it aint not bump. its like a slot car flying off its tracks then im ok. im not cool with it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

they checked me out and said it was ok just a bump in the rhytm occasionally. but someimes i feel like im dying and it aint not bump. its like a slot car flying off its tracks then im ok. im not cool with it

its probably a blod clot

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

its probably a blod clot

thank god

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
they literally stopped my heart twice in 24 hours to reset it. that's like a "bump" kind of where your eyes go dim and and you feel like you are sinking into another dimension

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

they literally stopped my heart twice in 24 hours to reset it. that's like a "bump" kind of where your eyes go dim and and you feel like you are sinking into another dimension

like stranger things that alternate dimension for pedophiles

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
that was a long time ago, I thank wolf-nuts for saving my bacon. I wish I can do the same for you orkin-nuts

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

how the gently caress do u reset a heart. diesel?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

that was a long time ago, I thank wolf-nuts for saving my bacon. I wish I can do the same for you orkin-nuts

im ready to die

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

like stranger things that alternate dimension for pedophiles

it felt like a very dark and empty world separated from god

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

how the gently caress do u reset a heart. diesel?

no they gave me a shot that stops your heart

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

no they gave me a shot that stops your heart

I forgot what its called but its as going 240 bpm so they said they had to

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ask wolf nuts he knows

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

it felt like a very dark and empty world separated from god

haifas fine

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I just finished reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, and came out of it feeling like nothing else written in the "grand world conspiracy" genre has or ever will surpass it. It's like reading a deconstruction of the Da Vinci Code, except it was written 15 years earlier.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Maybe you should try reading the Good Book aka the Bible idiot

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Izzhov posted:

I just finished reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, and came out of it feeling like nothing else written in the "grand world conspiracy" genre has or ever will surpass it. It's like reading a deconstruction of the Da Vinci Code, except it was written 15 years earlier.

go outside virgin

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

I'm slowly reading the Aubrey-Maturin series. It's a jolly good tale of friendship and adventure

You can never go wrong with this.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

A World Lit Only by Fire

it reads kind of like a novel but it's about medieval Europe and how peasants lived and about how corrupt popes were, it pretty cool.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the da vinci code is like a rich mans my dream diary

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I used to spend most of my workday reading from the New Yorker fiction archive. I enjoyed almost all of the stories, some of them stick with me to this day.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Stormlight Archive owns bones. Mistborn doesn't own nearly as hard though

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well, if you've never read Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, there's no better way of learning about the South Sea Bubble. And the parts about the Mississippi Swindle will make Barnaby Rudge more interesting. And it's online.

A different thing I read a while back: Gentlemen's Blood, by Barbara Holland. A short history of dueling.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

I'm also interested in a non-fiction account of prison gangs and the recent opiate epidemic. If anyone has anything good in mind, I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I'll give you some recommendations from the military history thread in A/T:
Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour <- this one is super good
Neptune's Inferno
and if you like horrifying stories of cruelty, get King Leopold's Ghost. It's about the Belgian Congo.

• Locked thread