Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zebulon posted:

Judging by the weapons another League of Assassins leftover or Malcolm Merlyn once more proving he should have been killed any dozen or so of convenient times before now?

I meant the guy Felicity is banging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

with this show he still might be right

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Oh, right! No drat clue, but something tells me that with the big dramatic reveal...

Brother Entropy posted:

with this show he still might be right

Hell, given it's Thea's drat apartment Felicity managed to take over maybe LoA Boyfriend is just one of the permanent perks provided by the management.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

It's going to be Oliver

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I think he was one of the cops(?) in the earlier scene when they find the crooked cops that Cutty killed.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm digging the Bratva flashbacks.

Ollie just straight up murdering fools! Awesome!

Also parachute arrow is awesome. Finally some new arrows.Still doesn't beat boxing glove.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That is the worst statue ever

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lol tis show is unmitigated garbage. gently caress this.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm only a half hour in, and it's pretty trash but I'm really glad murdery Oliver is back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was about a thousand times better premiere than Flash's.

It really goes to show what each show's priority is when the equivalent to setting up the new status quo and new villains was "Iris doesn't talk to Joe".

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I thought that was a great premiere (though admittedly I've never gotten close to the hatred that some people seem to have for this show). The new status quo is an interesting one, the flashback story actually has potential, the new villain is cool, I like the idea of Oliver training the new people as an ongoing arc, and the characters seem to be back in a good groove.

Also all the hand-wringing about Laurel's last words being to bless Ollicity actually paid off well and made the true reveal of her last wish even more effective to me.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm really skeptical about the 'ollie training new people' stuff because i feel like one of the biggest problems of the whole cwdc universe in the past couple years is them bloating casts and then not having any idea with what to do with most of their characters

like poo poo, what was the last important thing laurel did before she died? the episode where she got stabbed was really blatant about something bad happening to her because the show had finally remembered she existed as more than the black ranger in fight scenes

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
This is crazy, but I thought that was a drat solid premiere for Arrow. I know part of it is my lowered expectations, but I really enjoyed it more than The Flash premiere. Neither were the home run I was really hoping for, but this one went a hell of a way towards repairing my feelings on the show.

The Good: Ollie "droppin' bodies", parachute arrow, impressive action (Except for that first flashback fight. I winced at the "hits" that were nowhere close.), a minimum level of Ollicity bullshit, and I'm glad they're continuing Ollie as mayor and doing more with it because I feared they'd just drop it altogether somehow.

The Mediocre: Flashbacks still feel like a drag, but I'm hoping DOLPH can help break that trend.

The Ugly: What in the living gently caress were they thinking with that statue. It looked like it had stick-on googly eyes.

Isn't the villain reveal at the very end supposed to be Ragman or whatnot?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I thought it was really weird when Cutty walked in and the cop guy was like "Kill him" and he was just like "no" and they didn't shoot him. At first I thought he had mind control powers or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Longbaugh01 posted:

The Ugly: What in the living gently caress were they thinking with that statue. It looked like it had stick-on googly eyes.

They hired the sculptor from Lionel Ritchie's hello video.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I thought that was a great premiere (though admittedly I've never gotten close to the hatred that some people seem to have for this show). The new status quo is an interesting one, the flashback story actually has potential, the new villain is cool, I like the idea of Oliver training the new people as an ongoing arc, and the characters seem to be back in a good groove.

Also all the hand-wringing about Laurel's last words being to bless Ollicity actually paid off well and made the true reveal of her last wish even more effective to me.

The thing I noticed with that though is it's clearly a last wish type of thing, while at that point she (and the audience) was supposed to think everything went fine and she was in the clear.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The thing I noticed with that though is it's clearly a last wish type of thing, while at that point she (and the audience) was supposed to think everything went fine and she was in the clear.

Well remember that she at the very least was retiring as the Canary, so she was just making sure Oliver trained someone else to carry the mantle.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
That was a decent premiere. Doesn't hurt that I really like Chad Coleman and am really happy to see him as a cheerful psychopath.

No Felicity crying, Ollie dropping bodies, some fun choreography, Russians... so far a good start.

That statue, though. Jeesh.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Good statues cost money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
See it's not a statue, it's a cocoon and Laurel is gonna bust out of it in the mid season finale.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I thought it was a good premiere and such an improvement from last season. Arrow is mean as gently caress again (loved when he shot the other vigilante) and I hope he never stops dropping bodies. The action was a lot tighter and I especially noticed how much better the camera work and overall direction was. I wonder if CW upped everyone's budget to not look like poo poo alongside Supergirl.

That or they really saved a lot of money by making the worst statue.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Looks like Berlanti is keeping a closer eye on Arrow this season.

Stephen Amell has been hype as gently caress for this season, just like he used to be during the first three seasons. He was really quiet during the fourth, I guess he was as unhappy as everyone else with it. :shrug:

Loved the premier. Loved it a lot. Felt like a proper follow up to season three. Brutal violence. The fight with Anarky. :vince:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

In Thea's apartment!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a good premiere. Much better than Flash.

Except that statue was horrible. I was expecting it to cut back to Ollie and Lance and them be like ":wtc:"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

The start of this was pretty good but that loving statue. What the Christ.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Must have been based on the action figures.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Surely there's not action figures based on female characters.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Cheap bronze statues always look like rear end. Really confused why they would shoot it from that angle.

WWE did one for their champion not long ago. It was also loving awful.

Edit: I'm very glad, out of everything in the premier, that the statue was the only bad thing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

She was pushing Wild Dog or whatever his name was so hard... I kinda think it's him. But would she really be so dumb as to get involved with another vigilante?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BSam posted:

Surely there's not action figures based on female characters.

They made an action figure of the Arrow version of Black Canary

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
That wasn't bad, that wasn't good, I'll wait on the IMGUR rehash for the lols. Are those still a thing? I don't remember the guy's name and I really don't feel like going through the old thread to find one.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CornHolio posted:

That wasn't bad, that wasn't good, I'll wait on the IMGUR rehash for the lols. Are those still a thing? I don't remember the guy's name and I really don't feel like going through the old thread to find one.

speak of the devil

http://imgur.com/a/XZdWj

also, holy poo poo

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Feenix posted:

She was pushing Wild Dog or whatever his name was so hard... I kinda think it's him. But would she really be so dumb as to get involved with another vigilante?

Wasn't Wild Dog the one Oliver shot with an arrow at the start of the episode? If so he appears to be a young black man, which would admittedly be a pretty effective disguise for Felicity's boyfriend.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure we saw Felicity's new boyfriend at the PBA thing from the beginning of the episode.

mastajake posted:

In Thea's apartment!

It's just getting completely ridiculous.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

They made an action figure of the Arrow version of Black Canary

Both, actually.

There's a ton of female action figures in the $20+ lines. Those aren't aimed at kids anymore though. The thing with Avengers was the lack of Black Widow stuff in the kid focused merchandise.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Listen Thea, I've spent the past three seasons being angsty as gently caress about killing would you get off my back while I work out my demons for a little while? I'll probably have a change of heart soon anyways.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Halfway into the new ep. Didn't read anything. "No one can know my secret." Hell loving yes, Is this show back? Did they really make it good again?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

spooky like this! posted:

Pretty sure we saw Felicity's new boyfriend at the PBA thing from the beginning of the episode.

Oh was he that sneering policeman the camera lingered on?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think he was the one talking to the Captain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

See it's not a statue, it's a cocoon and Laurel is gonna bust out of it in the mid season finale.

There is no Laurel only Zuul.

I liked that they had a flashback to him learning to dislocate his thumbs BEFORE he used that skill. They've done it the other way round a few times and it always feels more hokey.

• Locked thread