Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And didn't do the usual "Show, show, tell" that TV shows love to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wait so only Thea cares Ollie fell off the No Murder Wagon?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who else is going to say anything? The nuclear mass murderer?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
"...Queen has missed more than half of the seventy-two meetings..."

Ahahahaha. Holy poo poo.

Also, now that you guys have pointed out that Felicity stole Thea's apartment it's bothering me. I know I'll just be thinking that now everything she's onscreen.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Aphrodite posted:

Who else is going to say anything? The nuclear mass murderer?

Like hypocrisy ever slowed Felicity down for even a goddamn second.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
"Black Canary tribute brought to you by Hershey's"

There better be some kinda fallout for Felicity nuking a town. She is kinda of a secret super villain at this point. She makes the hero miserable, killed a bunch of people, stole the heroes home and has no problem with any of that.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Actual statue of Lucielle Ball. It was only recently taken down and replaced with a better one.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So I guess the police don't give a poo poo about vigilantes anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also Felicity left her apartment door open when she came home and it annoyed the poo poo out of me.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

Tree Dude posted:

Actual statue of Lucielle Ball. It was only recently taken down and replaced with a better one.

Greetings, fellow Western New Yorker!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Also Felicity left her apartment door open when she came home and it annoyed the poo poo out of me.

Let's not nitpick. The main thing is that she's not letting the fact that she's responsible for the destruction of a town and the deaths of ten thousand people get in the way of her love life. Get yours, girl.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

She did save the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in the process...

Christ that was so very stupid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the one hand, she should be basically a crying mess because of it instead of ignoring anything happened.

But on the other I don't want to see that crap, so I can live with it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Havenrock was full of jerks.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I was only upset that they didn't blast, like, Scranton Pennsylvania or something

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
Do any real world US cities canonically exist in the DCU? Just curious because it seems like all the fictional ones are stand ins for real ones, like Central City is St Louis, Star City is San Francisco, etc.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Duncan Doenitz posted:

Do any real world US cities canonically exist in the DCU? Just curious because it seems like all the fictional ones are stand ins for real ones, like Central City is St Louis, Star City is San Francisco, etc.

All of the real world cities exist in addition to their counterparts, which means logically the US should have a population of like 450 million to sustain all those additional urban centers. The east coast alone would be like a budding Mega-City One by now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

McSpanky posted:

All of the real world cities exist in addition to their counterparts, which means logically the US should have a population of like 450 million to sustain all those additional urban centers. The east coast alone would be like a budding Mega-City One by now.

In Avengers vs JLA they mentioned that the DC earth was slightly bigger than the normal marvel earth due to all these extra cities

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Invalid Validation posted:

So I guess the police don't give a poo poo about vigilantes anymore.

They've hit the point where Ollie's the mayor by virtue of survival. Rule of law isn't really very strong in Star CIty.

Rhyno posted:

Also Felicity left herThea's apartment door open when she came home and it annoyed the poo poo out of me.

Fixed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

In Avengers vs JLA they mentioned that the DC earth was slightly bigger than the normal marvel earth due to all these extra cities

And countries. DC has like 17 fictional countries as well as all the cities. Marvel only has a few fakes places.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rhyno posted:

And countries. DC has like 17 fictional countries as well as all the cities. Marvel only has a few fakes places.

Admittedly they accomplished this by having like 3/4ths of their characters live in or near New York City instead.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So did they fix this season?

*checks thread*

Okay cool, no. I'll check back around the midpoint of the season. Good luck and godspeed, the rest of you.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

So did they fix this season?

*checks thread*

Okay cool, no. I'll check back around the midpoint of the season. Good luck and godspeed, the rest of you.

I think the response to this season has been pretty positive. We're making GBS threads all over the Felicity scenes, but that's mainly the legacy of last season

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually the Felicity scenes were fine too.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Actually the Felicity scenes were fine too.

Unless you apply the context of her being responsible for the deaths of thousands and living in a stolen apartment. That's what I mean by the legacy of the last season. Just ignore that and they were fine

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I was perfectly happy having forgotten all that nuke bullshit and I assumed the apartment was just set reuse until now, thanks jerks!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'd be perfectly content if everyone who hates the show actively would just leave it the hell alone. So long!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FELD1 posted:

I'd be perfectly content if everyone who hates the show actively would just leave it the hell alone. So long!

but enough about the writers

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Let's be honest, though, this thread would have about 5 posters in it total if that did happen.

I thought the premiere was very good. Actually pretty fun and better than I hoped it would be. Where's my Dolph, though?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

McSpanky posted:

I was perfectly happy having forgotten all that nuke bullshit and I assumed the apartment was just set reuse until now, thanks jerks!

I assume Flashpoint wrote out that nuke. Problem solved.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Let's be honest, though, this thread would have about 5 posters in it total if that did happen.

I thought the premiere was very good. Actually pretty fun and better than I hoped it would be. Where's my Dolph, though?

Sorry he lost a match against the Miz and retired

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Chokes McGee posted:

Sorry he lost a match against the Miz and retired

:vince:

Have any writers said how Flashs premier will affect Arrow?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They're going to do some Infinite Crisis bullshit and use it as an excuse to bring back Laurel.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
This week's flash mentioned there's at least one difference.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Parkour!

Salmon ladder!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Dope cold open

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Thea, that's not an appropriate top for a budget meeting.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I've seen enough anime to know where that was going. Poor guy was right to yell in terror.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Cthulhu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I do very much love the notion of Mayor by day vigilante by night.

• Locked thread