Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I hear that was the best part, yeah. I dipped out when it was clear they ditched Jimmy because white CW fans can't handle black love interests after what happened to Candice Patton.

I thought they ditched that romance cuz the two had like no chemistry together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Oh please dont tell me she got hatemail from flyover state failures.

Though I do wish she was a better realized character. Her role in season 3 was 'The Girlfriend/Schrodinger's Fridging' which was sadly better than the second and part of the first season.

Oh boy did she ever. She was harrassed via mail, Twitter, called friend of the family by "fans", harrassed at a con at least once, photoshopped in gross ways. Pretty much everything gross you imagine from the internet they did to her. And that was just in seasons 1&2. I haven't been keeping up after that

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Never play a love interest on a CW show.

Especially if you're a woman. Double especially if you're not white.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hangedman1984 posted:

I thought they ditched that romance cuz the two had like no chemistry together.

They could have, but I feel like the problem with both of Supergirl's main love interests so far has been that they get together because they're supposed to - because it's a CW show and you need a romantic drama subplot - than because the folks writing it have made it work.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Koalas March posted:

I hear that was the best part, yeah. I dipped out when it was clear they ditched Jimmy because white CW fans can't handle black love interests after what happened to Candice Patton.

I like how this is just stated as objective fact rather than opinion.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mortanis posted:

I like how this is just stated as objective fact rather than opinion.

Hi I work in the entertainment industry. I am acquaintances with people in Van City who have worked on CW shows both on set and inside the network.

The CW caters hard to it's fanbases. That's how they make their money off Netflix and get exposure through fan driven projects like the recent Riverdale cover. They sure as hell aren't taking in the ratings.

I know a poo poo ton of CW gossip, including about the actors.

There were a lot of a big changes during the move from CBS to the CW.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm agreeing with you.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mortanis posted:

I'm agreeing with you.

Ah gently caress, my bad. I'm so used to getting jumped outside of D&D, I misunderstood. My apologies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I see posts and keep thinking there's Arrow news or something but it's always posts about the lovely shows that are not Arrow. Why are any of you even watching Flash at this point?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

X-O posted:

I see posts and keep thinking there's Arrow news or something but it's always posts about the lovely shows that are not Arrow. Why are any of you even watching Flash at this point?

Candace Patton, mostly. And because watching it all in one go was really satisfying last season.

AND because I had like 6 years of ARROW to catch on to. I'm not even at Ollicity yet :shepicide:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Why are any of you even watching Flash at this point?

Harrison/Harry/H.R. Wells.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Harrison/Harry/H.R. Wells.

Go buy a bootleg DVD set of Ed. You'll be happier.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Go buy a bootleg DVD set of Ed. You'll be happier.

Can I just watch that one episode of Scrubs over and over instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPXHbf3nS8

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Where the heck is a new trailer? Legends released a new teaser a few days ago.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
"There is still a darkness inside me"

There you go.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

Why are any of you even watching Flash at this point?

The answer is, as always, Speedforce.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

X-O posted:

Flash Season 4 - Watching just to understand this years CW CROSSOVER EVENT!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I watch Flash just to see how Barry fucks poo poo up once again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barry is the true villain. He is one evil mother fucker.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

Speaking to Collider, producer Marc Guggenheim revealed Arrow’s sixth season has received a 23-episode season order, which will include a two-part Slade arc.

Geez, 23 episodes?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's always been 23.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

drat. I watch too much British TV.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

quote:

two-part Slade arc

You guys are focusing on the wrong part.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I assume it'll be about Slade's search for his son. Which one though?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Xelkelvos posted:

It'll actually be about Slade trying to save a community centre from an evil developer. He will accomplish this by killing about 90 ninjas.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Plot twist: The evil developer used to be Ra's al Ghul.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

grack posted:

It'll actually be about Slade trying to save a community centre from an evil developer. He will accomplish this by killing about 90 ninjas.

I would totally watch this. Alternatively, I would also totally watch a plot line where Slade gives up the mercenary life to use his blade skills to become a world renowned sushi chef; and opens a restaurant which puts star city back on the culinary map.

Unfortunately he discovers that the Russian mob has control of liquor distribution, and he has to team up with Oliver to take them down.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Lord Bude posted:

I would totally watch this. Alternatively, I would also totally watch a plot line where Slade gives up the mercenary life to use his blade skills to become a world renowned sushi chef; and opens a restaurant which puts star city back on the culinary map.

Unfortunately he discovers that the Russian mob has control of liquor distribution, and he has to team up with Oliver to take them down.

Yassssss Queen!!!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lord Bude posted:

That was an episode of Leverage, wasn't it?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Bruceski posted:

That was an episode of Leverage, wasn't it?

The French Connection Job

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

grack posted:

Slade gets sold to slavers along with weather wizard, captain boomerang, Amanda Waller, and Nyssa

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
This Prometheus story line is kind of eeeeeeeh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The backstory was a bit dull, but the character and the present stuff were all good.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bobkatt013 posted:

Slade gets sold to slavers along with weather wizard, captain boomerang, Amanda Waller, and Nyssa

I mean, who would you get to be the slave owners? I guess maybe Lucy Lawless and John Hannah?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Apparently it's Joe Wilson. Bennett announced that Aussie actor Liam Hall got cast as Joe Wilson.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
we are getting Slade and Jericho? hahahaha

:circlefap:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I haven't read the interview myself, but I've seen people on Twitter talking about how Guggenheim said they want to do a BLM episode, and oh man is that probably a terrible idea.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Check your privilege Oliver. "For 5 years i was on an island..." "But you where still a white male!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

I haven't read the interview myself, but I've seen people on Twitter talking about how Guggenheim said they want to do a BLM episode, and oh man is that probably a terrible idea.

The best we could hope for would be "oh good, we caught the small group of racist cops who were giving cops a bad name, problem solved!" but I wouldn't put it past them to do at least a little "many sides"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Peta's ninja arm, go after the team for crimes against leather

• Locked thread