Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Doktor Per posted:

The LoT s1 finale is one of the greatest feat of stupid television put to film. "We must kill him in three different time periods, simultaneously.

They just copied the Star Trek:TNG finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I really like ragman. He's so hilariously adorable. I really hope they don't go for angst and drama between him and Felicity.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Maybe he's being mind controlled, or maybe it's tied into flashpoint?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

So is it time to change the thread title now that this show is good again?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I actually agree with you, but that's not what the typical perception has been. We need to get people back on board. I remember when there would be pages of liveposting.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Ragman is great and they should keep him on permanently, or give him his own show, or give him to legends or something. He deserves it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I Really hope they keep ragman around, even if they have to boot him to legends.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They should have made the musical the big 4-way crossover.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

So um... trying to get caught up on Season 4 since I heard that things have gotten much better.

I'm picking up where I left off, with Laurel's death.

How the heck does Malcolm fight with a hand? Didn't Oliver chop it off earlier?

A new hand (not sure if it's mechanical or supernatural) was part of his salary package when he joined up with hive.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Always go mechanical. The magic ones always come with a "But..."

I'm sure Malcolm has seen Angel.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

We already know who the fourth member is (at least if you read casting news/interviews on what was planned for the season)

I'm confused, didn't they reveal before the break that Prometheus was the son of that dude Oliver killed in season 1? Or was that a misdirect and I've forgotten?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

X-O posted:

They knew anyone with a brain watching the show would know it wasn't the actual Laurel so they got the reveal over quickly and moved into another good episode.

And just in case the show was being watched by anyone without a brain, they made sure to include the clip of oliver saying 'You're not our laurel' right before she launched into her canary cry in the promo for the episode.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Am I the only one who yelled angrily at the screen when Felicity inserted a random flash drive from a random possibly crazy person into her computer without taking any precautions? She really ought to know better and I was sure it was going to backfire.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

That was a good episode, but I really like Rory and I want him back asap. He has been under-utilised on arrow though. He's way too powerful for that show, he should be on LoT or something.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

X-O posted:

If you like him don't wish that terrible fate on him then.

LoT isn't that bad, it's much improved this season I think. His presence would improve the show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I really like that we saw an episode that was more focused on Oliver as Mayor. I hope we see more of it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I guess you could reason that the social worker didn't have to be in Star City, and I'm not sure we even actually saw any indication that Rene and his family were living in Star City? It would sort of make more sense if the "Wild Dogs" was a team from some other city or else a ton of Star City residents would be wearing Rene's uniform. Maybe he just moved to Star City after everything that happened?

But its still kind of weird that they were talking in the middle of the night, especially since a crazy night. Maybe Rene was just harassing the social worker.

Maybe Rene's from Havenrock and that's why the phone cut off.

He mentioned wanting to take the gun to the game with him because the stadium was in the glades.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

They're going to stretch out the Vigilante storyline until David Mazouz grows up enough to fit the costume.

I would approve of this.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I still think Slade is the better character, but it's almost unfair to compare them considering we got a season and a half of flashback Slade to develop a relationship with before they revealed his present day heel turn. I'm still pissed off that the film side of DC has prevented them from returning to and possibly starting to redeem the character.

It's very impressive though that Chase at the point where people are debating whether or not he's a better character than Slade, considering the advantage Slade had.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I have a sneaking suspicion this helix thing is leading towards a possible scenario where Felicity is the big bad next season.

I wish they'd find something more for Thea to do. It's sad that she's basically disappeared from the show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

If this were a cable tv show I'd say that William was doomed, but I'm hoping that's too grim for the CW.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The best thing they could do crossover wise is just do an actual separate mini series that lasts 3 or 4 episodes, and have it take place between seasons.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This has been a great season. I think you could debate whether this season or season 2 is the better one, and both sides would have merit.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The Darhk in legends was a younger, weaker version who hadn't learned magic yet. It's not fair to compare them.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

he literally levitated Sarah in the air so I don't know what you're getting at here

If you're talking about the alternate future episode after the legion used the spear, he specifically mentions 'getting his magic' as the first thing he did when they used the spear to change reality. That was the only time he had magic.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Well, the magic totem Darkh gets much of his power from is found by Oliver just a couple of years before Arrow starts, right? So the Darkh in Legends is from somewhere between leaving the League of Assassins and Oliver's five year journey.

The Darhk in legends is explicitly stated as being from the 1970s. That's where they took him back to at the end of the show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I just want Slade to make it out. Just have him pop up in the show every now and then to dish out wise advice. Or better yet let him spend a season on the waverider. Bring him back for the crossover next year, get him mixed in with the flash crew.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

As far as survivors go, I'd bet on wild dog, Curtis, and Dinah making it out - the show invested too much in building them up this season to toss them out. It's likely Diggle, felicity, Thea, and Lance will survive as well, but if they're going to kill off a major cast member I'd say it would be one of those 4. Slade and William's mother are more expendable, though I'm really really hoping Slade makes it. I think it's likely William's mother doesn't. It would be the easiest option if they wanted to kill someone, and it opens up single dad Oliver hyjinx.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They should just can shannara and make him a regular on Arrow or Legends. I'd love to see him coping with the incompetence of his shipmates on the wave rider and broing out with Mick.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

So she's a bad guy again now?

No, the planet was being invaded by an army of Daxamite refugees led by Mon-El's mother, who wanted earth to be new Daxom. Lena gave the trigger for the device to supergirl to be used as an absolute last resort.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I think that last episode was hands down the best season finale episode any of the DC CW shows have ever done. Even if you want to come down on the side of season 2 being the better season overall (which I'm not sure I do), I think at least this season had a better final episode than season 2 did.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'd love to see a deathstroke series with Slade post arrow season 5 working to make amends from all the stuff he did when he was out of his mind on mirukuru. With periodic crossovers from the other arrowverse shows.

That being said, putting him on Legends is also a decent way of achieving that, and it would improve that show considerably. They could write Jax and stein out - they clearly don't know what to do with them - they don't have the budget to show firestorm doing cool stuff, and between that and the fact that firestorm is overpowered they end up contriving a silly reason to keep the two of them split up ever episode. It just ends up being stupid.

Then they can save firestorm for the occasional high stakes guest role on any of the arrowverse shows, or for big crossovers. If rip is staying on the cast, he can be the dude that knows how to fix the ship, and if need be they can grab that lady scientist from flash if they want an extra person for a scientist role.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They should can the lovely movies before they detract from the superior tv versions if you ask me.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

How does siddig compare to Nable?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

He was a much more traditional Ra's. British accent, cape, slightly graying hair. Although he was barely in the episode and was kind of just there as set up.

Also they went with the B:TAS pronunciation and not the Nolan movie version.

At least they picked a side, unlike Arrow. I liked the Nable character but boy did the writers squander his potential that season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

But it was tarnished by the whole magic herb resurrection thing. It was also the high point of the season. The whole back half felt like the writers were making poo poo up as they went along, and it was hugely unsatisfying.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Was Sarah still dead at the time? Her and Ollie fighting through hell to be both rez'd by Constantaine would have been cool but probably logistically impossible.

Yes, still dead. She was killed in the first episode of Season 3 and Rezzed in episode 3 of season 4. Then Constantine came in and restored her soul in episode 5.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Even a year and a half later, it still blows my mind that, in a storyline featuring Ra's al Ghul, the hero was resurrected by... some herb no one's ever heard of, whatever.

And then they literally went on to resurrect Thea in an actual pit like 3 episodes later.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I Suspect the mother will die to kick off single parent Oliver as a plot line. Also it's the most obvious choice left as far as killing someone without seriously impacting the show.

Thea is kinda expendable as well - if she isn't going to suit up, there isn't much left they can do with the character. It might be a bit much for Oliver to lose his last remaining family member (other than his son).

The show doesn't seem to be willing to commit to real plot lines in the mayors office. It would be great if we had a season long political B plot so that we could see Oliver doing his actual job from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I want the first appearance of Slade next season (after they part ways in presumably the opening episode) to be him randomly showing up in the arrow cave with 'Hey kid, have you thought about getting some security for this place?'

• Locked thread