Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Zzulu posted:

I stopped watching this show some seasons ago and it's funny because back then most of you liked Felicity and now apparently she is The Worst

That is the correct response to have, though. Back in season 1 and 2 she was fun as the sidekick and the comic relief. Then she became the dramatic female lead/love interest and the writers completely changed the way they wrote her character.

She's not the only one who's suffered, however, but she's probably the most notable because she gets such a huge percentage of the screentime now. Malcolm also used to be awesome early on before they completely ruined him and now he sucks and desperately needs to be killed off for good.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

DarklyDreaming posted:

It really helps that they scaled everything back and made the lead villain an ordinary if enjoyably charismatic crimeboss. No more saving the world, just lowering the crime rate in Star City and building a legacy of crimefighting. And looking good while doing it

Cutty's just a momentary street-level distraction like Vinnie Jones, no way he's the main villain for the season. He'll probably be done before the mid-season break, maybe even next episode. The main villain will probably be someone from Oliver's past in Russia who shows up in the present (and somehow has magic wizard powers now.)

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Prometheus is going to be Felicity's new boyfriend guy. He's the only new male civilian character they've introduced this season other than the DA who is already a different comics character

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Tommy Merlyn is Vigilante

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Rhyno posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that bugs me in adaptations. Like, why even use Vigilante/Chase if you're going to swerve like that?

They do swerves like that all the time now (like with "Jay Garrick" and "Hank Henshaw") I guess to keep people familiar with the comics on their toes.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Longbaugh01 posted:

Maybe this super hacker will also be someone who is a big reveal and has history with someone on Team Arrow. I'd say Felicity's ex, but that seems boring and I totally forgot what happened to him anyway.

Aphrodite posted:

He could be Brother Eye/Felicity's ex but the timing is off I think.

That hacker ex-boyfriend guy died towards the end of season 4. Damien Dahrk recruited him to be his hacker so he could set off all the world's nukes or whatever. (Dahrk used magic to put something in his spine that was slowly and painfully killing him so that he would be motivated to have all the nukes go off and grant him a quick explosiony death instead) And then at some point he failed or was convinced to stop by Felicity or something and Dahrk busted in and killed him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Narcissus1916 posted:

Barry being a dumbass was the basis for the whole mega-crossover this year.

But that does not begin to cover exactly how awful Barry is.

His decision at the end of season 2 is the most villainous done, across the entire Arrowverse.

Biggest terrorists in the Arrowverse (highest body counts, etc)

1. Barry Allen
2. Felicity Smoak

Huge gap

3. Uhhhhh Merlyn or Thawne or somebody I guess

• Locked thread