Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I love this awful show, and I don't care who knows it. Bring on the cheese, Uncle Guggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I want to clarify that I will not necessarily be hate-watching this show. I am hopeful that this show will be good this season. It's not likely, but I can dream.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I think it looks pretty rad.

As bad as last season was, what was worse was people coming in the thread to poo poo on it while hate-watching. If you're gonna watch this season at least try to glean some enjoyment from it rather than being a dour piece of poo poo.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I'd be perfectly content if everyone who hates the show actively would just leave it the hell alone. So long!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Dope cold open

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I feel like this season might be going back to basics in all the right ways. I'm also loving the Ollie being mayor stuff. There was a lot of concern last season that it wouldn't go anywhere, but it's pretty interesting so far.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

When did Curtis become such a baby

I would guess sometime soon after getting punched repeatedly in the face by Ollie.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Diggles advice in this episode is loving teerrrrrrrrible. " Don't worry about right or wrong just follow orders!"

I kinda thought his advice sprang from his bad experiences on Team Arrow. He's trying hard to lean into a comfortable Good vs. Evil mindset after the moral ambiguity of working with Ollie for several years.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

This episode has been peak Arrow so far. Plus he got to say his catchphrase to Stardust himself.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

These scenes with brutally stubborn Ollie and secretive Felicity do a pretty nice job of showing how much of an effect the events of S04 had on them, but drat it's a little frustrating to watch them make the same mistakes over again.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I'm still reeling from that action sequence, and they drop all this cool stuff on us toward the end here. Next week is gonna be so money.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I liked it too.

It seems like the fight scenes are still holding up, too. Wild Dog beating those dudes with the shovel was dope.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I thought for a split second that it was Sportsmaster, but I won't get my hopes up.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Dig has had the best quips and abs in this episode, that's for sure.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Zebulon posted:

RIP Cutty. He's beating cops to death in heaven now.

Most people seem to identify him as that role, but for me he's always Z from 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.' It made a lot of his scenes slightly unintentionally funny to me.

That being said, Prometheus seems pretty cool so far. They're really ramping up the gratuitous cop killing. I guess that's in vogue now.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

Peak Season 2 and peak Arrow to me will always be

That scene is loving iconic to me. It was everything that the show did right condensed into a great TV moment. The Arrow thread exploded that night.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

That whole fight scene was aces. On top of the co-op Thea/Sara maneuver, it was cool to have Ollie brain Deathstroke through the eye again.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

If you had told me on Arrow's premier in 2012 that eventually in S05 Ollie would be blasting aliens in space with a ray gun, I would've been very skeptical. That was nuts in the very best of ways.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

That was a genuinely great twist. The flashback fights and kills were sweet too.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't think they could top S03's mid-season cliffhanger. Wow.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

A nice detail that hinted toward Laurel being the Earth-2 version was at the party scene when she reaches for the champagne glass first, but then remembers that she's supposed to be an addict and takes the water instead. Felicity sort of raises her eyebrows and then the scene moves on. Just something kind of neat.

I thought the latest episode was cool, and the show is definitely a lot stronger than the past two seasons. As someone who's never really enjoyed Laurel as a character too much, I'm fine with her being dead for realsies on Earth-1. It is pretty neat that they do have the option of bringing Katie Cassidy back though after Flash's inter-dimensional shenanigans. Overall though I'm just surprised at what "fans" of the show will find to bitch about every season. I think the show has always been better when it deviates from the comic books significantly.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

"Wow, hard wood floors, tons of room, beautiful view of ocean. How is this on the market for this cheap?"

"Well... technically we are in Star City"

*poof*

"Yeah, every May some jack-rear end brings an army of costumed commandos and levels half the city..."

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Her name is Sara without an H :argh:

I genuinely thank you for this post. I've been watching religiously since the pilot episode, and I can never remember which way she spells it.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

So I got to catch the finale this afternoon: holy gently caress. That was incredible. There were ninjas, fight scenes, and an unexpected explosive cliff-hanger. And Dolph Lundgren. And Slade. And...

It really contrasted sharply with the snooze-fest that was the Flash season finale where I found myself browsing the web instead of watching because it was so goddamn boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

The only flaw with Stephen's Ninja Warrior run was that he did the salmon ladder with his shirt on.

• Locked thread