Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I was kinda expecting them to ring the bell at the end, only for Ollie to shoot the ones who helped but didn't actually touch the bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I hereby nominate to rename Ragman as Ragamuffin.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Veg posted:

Great episode again. I got swerved.

For those not in the know, the villain this week was played by Cody Rhodes. Stephen Amell had a match with him at last years Summerslam :)

He is also Amell's real life friend. Glad they were able to get him into a season of his show.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

How do you even beat Ragman? Do you splash him with some Tide or Downy?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

Does that mean that his father was... Octodad?

A perfectly and completely normal human father? I don't know why that would be important.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ollie never killed the people on his list in season 1, right? All he did was rob them and it was Merlyn who killed them?

Unless this is Flashpoint stuff.

VV I remember him killing a lot of nameless grunts, but not the people on his list. I dunno, season 1 seems so long ago and all the body-dropping got muddled around so much.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 10, 2016

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Prometheus is the synopsis guy.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Actually, wouldn't Ray be dreaming of being with his dead fiance, not Felicity?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

So the reporter lady is totally Prometheus, right? Because that was some heavy foreshadowing with the direct camera shot of her pouring vodka.

EDIT: VV Yeah, that was totally a "dude, that was really hosed up that the guy tricked you into killing someone, especially going through so much effort to torment you and us, we're with you." Given how seasons 3 and 4 went, I wasn't expecting that level of understanding and actually makes all the characters stronger for it.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 8, 2016

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Rhyno posted:

His costume is mostly comic accurate. At least we have that.

Right down to the blackface?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Or it's Talia.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Episode was already good before Barry running in to drop a "he's legit" sticky note on the chief's desk.

Then it became perfect.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Talia is definitely Prometheus; they are showing us a bunch of how she prepared him to take on the outfit and turn into "something else." I don't think Prometheus is doing all this just to torture Oliver, just get him to get back to killing all his targets, since that's what he was doing before the end of S2.

Reporter lady is definitely tied to Russia/Bratva somehow, since they showed us that deliberate quick shot of her pouring vodka when Ollie was at her place a couple episodes back.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I mean, Prometheus never seemed sane, just very obsessed with Oliver and thus making it his life's work to plan everything around him. As for if it's a fanboy thing or a vengeance thing, that remains to be seen because his actions have been leaning both ways.

Now I'm just trying to figure out who Vigilante is, since he now seems to be a bigger threat to the city than Chase.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Wasn't Chase at the press conference with Ollie while the team was preventing Vigilante from assassinating him?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Chase has so far been the most effective villain just by waiting for Oliver and co. to screw up and step into his traps, and then capitalizing on it 100%.

Merlyn was trying to compete with him while plotting to kill the poors, Slade simply captured everything and everyone Oliver loved and shouted "CHOOSE", Ra's great plan was to...force Oliver to kill him, and hDhahrhkh was too busy stealing the scene and chewing the scenery to take care of Ollie before he ruined his dumb plan of resetting the world for his cult.

Chase, armed only with the incentive of completely ruining the man who killed his bastard father, has so far gotten Oliver to inadvertently kill innocent people, destroyed his vigilante's image, gotten his allies to question his actions to the point of leaving him or even flatout betraying him, convinced the city that the mayor is becoming more and more corrupt, and begun to break Oliver repeatedly. All because he found Oliver's true weakness: his own thought process.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Maybe Ollie just never confessed to one of his villains before and that's what made it so hard to say?

Not like there was any real consequence to him not saying it until now; Evelyn was alive all along and all Ollie got was a little torture and his tat burned off. That's like a Tuesday for him.

At least the flashback stuff was great.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Also Ollie killed Dahrhkh, so she never got her revenge. Just another thing that he took from her.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I really hope Chase doesn't come up with a plot to kill a large amount of people as his endgame. Having him just be a dude out for pure revenge on Oliver and company as his only plan, while having the team utilize more resources to take him down than they ever have on anyone before really cements him as the best DCCW villain to date.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Hell, Barry kills people just speeding to the store.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Longbaugh01 posted:

I went from thinking maybe Manu is kind of a dick and difficult to work with to thinking he's hilarious.

It could always be both.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Felicity admits she's wrong? I like an episode that's almost 100% Oliver/Felicity interpersonal strife? What loving planet is this? :stare:

She really doesn't understand why she was wrong, though. She thinks it was because of trust issues, when it was really because Oliver didn't want to chance screwing up whatever semblance of a relationship he would have with the child he just found out he had. She just walked away because she made it about herself.

But hey, it's progress.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Looking at the synopsis for the finale and can someone tell me how loving captain boomerang is going to fit into this???

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Can we change the thread title to something like "watching because this show finally got better"?

Because this season has been knocking it out of the park since episode 1. God, it's refreshing having a good villain again, and now all three of them are gonna be in the same season finale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

What a great season. We got a massive improvement over the supporting cast, Oliver as mayor, and quite possibly the best villain in the DCCW universe thus far.

• Locked thread