Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Voted 5 just because of that title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dead Snoopy posted:

The Deathstroke to be in the DC film universe reveal pretty much fucks Arrow out of ever being cool again.

Actually Manu Bennett did that himself after he got pissed about his season 3 appearance.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Hah what's the story behind this one? Any links?

Here's the original article

Basically, he was pretty unhappy with the way they handled him in season 3, especially since season 2 was drat good.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Scope out Diggle's new helmet

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They did say that Prometheus is someone who was affected by Oliver's crusade in season 1.

Buuuut, Flashpoint :flashfap: could give us Tommy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sir Potato posted:

I thought Church was the one that was affected by his S1 crusade?

Nah

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Comedy option: Laurel is Prometheus

It would make sense too, seeing as how she was probably one of the people most affected by Oliver's S1 crusade.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

That would be 100% comic book bullshit.

:byodood:"But... but.. you're so dead we built a statue to you!"

:byodame:"My sister is Sara Lance, Time Lesbian. Aint' gotta explain poo poo!"

Seriously, why haven't they pulled a Chrono Trigger with her yet?

It's not organic enough.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Look who's coming to Arrow

It's Talia

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hatrocious posted:

Prometheus is the maid from the pilot

Turns out Lungdren's character was her nephew so she's on a vengeance streak to get Oliver back.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah the whole "Green Arrow fanboy" thing reeks of Prometheus.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Probably because:
  • He's the only one capable of leading the team effectively.
  • He's probably the most dangerous (he'll do whatever it takes/kill if he has to) member of the team.
  • He fought the two most arguably powerful characters in the CW-verse to a standstill (Barry and Thawne).
  • It's already been proved that without him at 100%, the team can and will get their poo poo kicked in. Case in point: last season's crossover. He was distracted and Savage went Judgement Day on them, forcing Barry to go back in time for a reset.
  • Basically, he's the Batman of the CW crew.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

kjetting posted:

My biggest gripe with the CW Multiverse is actually Diggs jr. It was just a throwaway joke in the Flash that because of Flashpoint a few details may have changed, mostly minor stuff. Diggle having a son instead of a daughter was just to show that these changes also affected the star city team. Sara Diggle was a big plot influence, on both her parents' actions and choices, and was even named after Sara Lance. It feels weird to have her just never existing and instead having a son that probably was a big influence on the plot in some other ways we will never know, unless everything just happened the exact same way, only with a boy instead of a girl.

Diggle and Barry are gonna talk about this during the crossover apparently. And it's going to be a thing that Diggle worries about, Barry's constant time-loving.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't change that they've already done it.

You say this like they follow a code of honor on these shows. They pulled the same poo poo twice on Flash.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahahaha, apparently Guggenheim is now fully regretting ever making Olicity a thing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Calling it now, Curtis is going to perfect his T-Spheres with help from the alien tech.

E: Scope out this throwback picture Paul Blackthorne posted to his Facebook. Gotta love Barrowman just being called "Well-Dressed Man"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh hey I just realized the bit about Tommy being off in Chicago practicing medicine was a Chicago Med reference. :haw:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dead Snoopy posted:

Good old Det. Hilton...the most forgotten character from the pilot since the Queen family housekeeper.

Well to be fair he was killed off.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reporter lady is deffo Prometheus, calling it now.

Also :laffo:Billy:laffo:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What if it's because of Sara telling Dharrrhkhkhk about his future?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What did that FB post say I missed it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

I don't follow.

SA = Something Awful

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So yeah that last scene...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tarquinn posted:

So, how did Earth2 Laurel/Prometheus know enough about the legends time idiots to make up that kinda convincing lie?

Pretty sure either Wells Cisco or Caitlyn babbled on about it within earshot.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Flashback island girl, Taianna or something like that. The girl whose neck he snapped because *reasons*.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reporter lady is paying off a federal agent for poo poo about Oliver, which is why she got the info about him being in Russia while he was "dead." This was shown super early in the season.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress man, OnBenchNow called it before any of us :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You can skip Legends season 1 since the Hawks were pretty terrible.

Season 2 gives a complete recap at the beginning anyway.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man oh man THOSE MATCHUPS :flashfap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The second guy is Roy. Colton Haynes confirmed that he'd be coming back in season 5.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I mean we literally have a DCTVU Superman and Flash soooo.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't Roy announced as coming back this year?

IIRC, yes. I think he was even shown in the sizzle reel for the final stretch of the season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POfJZGqdjDM

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I dunno. Arrow got real bad around the time Felicity got up from her wheelchair and walked out on Ollie, LoT season 1 was... uneven at best, and Flash's current writing team are pants on head stupid.

Fun, yes. Good? Debatable.

I think BSam was talking about the *current* seasons. Not overall.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Barrowman confirmed via Instagram that Merlyn is dead and gone for good. He's out of the Arrowverse.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Season 6 will revolve around exacting justice on whoever removed his goatee in S06E01

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So apparently the S6 villain is Richard Dragon? We goin back to kung fu Arrow?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Would be pretty cool if Michael Jai White came back. I'm not sure what Bronze Tiger's status is at the minute in the Arrowverse (I don't think he's been around for a couple of years?) but if they're going and doing kung fu Arrow, he'd be a guy you'd want.

Who's the best legitimate martial artist in the cast? I know David Ramsey has a black belt in jeet kune do.

Pretty sure Bronze Tiger was killed off between seasons in the Arrow comic. Unceremoniously too, I might add.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

Oh that's from where I know him. Yea, I suppose going from what was presumably a high budget movie production to a CW series gotta sting.

Dunno he seems to have a lot of fun doing Legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I assume it'll be about Slade's search for his son. Which one though?

Apparently it's Joe Wilson. Bennett announced that Aussie actor Liam Hall got cast as Joe Wilson.

• Locked thread