Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

howe_sam posted:

My guess is that there is a next to zero chance you see much of any Flashpoint on Arrow. For starters I'm sure there are some people who only watch Arrow, so they'd be completely lost. And more generally, having the show's plot shaped by events that occur completely outside the show would be...weird. They aren't going to Fringe S4 their entire lineup.
Yeah I have to say this is gonna be the case unless they want to write, direct, and produce a prelude set of episodes so they can do that. They won't. Pretty sure Arrow is just gonna keep chugging along crossovers notwithstanding and Flashpoint is really just a cheap stunt for the first 2-3 episodes of the Flash anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Please come back to murder Felicity.
Twist: It's Felicity wearing the Deathstroke costume

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

ShakeZula posted:

Isn't that the guy Ollie is joining the Bratva to try and kill? He hasn't struck me as the "put on a mask and use a bow" kind of guy so far.

The only real hint we have is the whole "someone affected by Oliver's Season 1 crusade" thing, right?
Prometheus doesn't seem like it's gonna be Kovar at all. I get the impression after killing Kovar he retreats back to Lian Yu and decides it's time for Oliver Queen to publicly return from the dead.

Also Kovar is not Bratva, the show and Anatoly for a million times has made that distinction. Is Kovar going to be played by Dolph Lundgren or something, right?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

ShakeZula posted:

This was another good episode in what has been a good season. And that thing with Prometheus' weapons being forged from Oliver's old melted arrows is boss as gently caress.

Don't think I buy Quentin as Prometheus though, as strong as his motivation would be and as hilarious as "drunk becomes supervillain when he blacks out" is as a concept. I think the real person is just setting him up/gaslighting him.
Probably a huge red herring but other than the part where Prometheus is a skilled archer and acrobat, Lance being gaslit to be the closest to it (having access to Oliver's S1 arrows and knowing some of the names on the list) is pretty interesting.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I actually like Prometheus just being some dude Oliver wronged. I can't think of any existing character it could be that wouldn't be at least a little dumb, and it helps demonstrate how much Oliver has changed and why The Green Arrow is different from the Hood.
:agreed:

It feels like that is the big theme of season 5 especially so other than being "classically trained" in flips and fighting and poo poo I hope it is just a random person who was just the child of that guy on The List.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

We got us some new regulars!

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/13/arrow-rick-gonzalez-juliana-harkavy-season-6-promoted/

:woop::woop::woop:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like its going to be kind of sad when Oliver goes back to Lian Yu and it signals the end of the flashbacks. I mean, I think they've largely worn out their welcome but its the end of an era.

Then again he set up a secret prison there and has vacationed there at least twice so I'm sure he'll be back to the island in Season 6.

After this season though I wonder how they will keep it fresh without leaning so hard on 5 years in hell and hopefully with Oliver reformed into a proper superhero instead.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The show initially had a 5 year plan. A loose one, but still.

So it's closing s major chapter.
While I'm excited I'm worried about how S6 onwards will go. Will it just become generic superhero fodder? Half the charm was the 5 years vs 5 years format (as dumb as the flashbacks got). Feels like all the major Oliver Queen character study beats will or should be done with by the end of it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

I will take a competent but bland Felicity hacker storyline over relationship melodrama Felicity any day of the week. Twice on sundays.

Seriously though, this whole season has been 100% relationship angst free. Even if they lean hard on oliver and felicity as they approach the finish line, I'm okay with it.
Last episode was more like putting a bow on the Helix storyline which will feed into next season in some fashion, and Felicity basically took point in that plot arc, so of course she should feature prominently in it. I honestly had no qualms about what happened last week.

And this week is almost like a bottle-ish? episode, which throws Oliver and Felicity together and basically forces them to talk about relationship drama? Sounds iffy on paper but I'll wait for the execution of it. Might not be too bad if you have the rest of the season to go by.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Well, the magic totem Darkh gets much of his power from is found by Oliver just a couple of years before Arrow starts, right? So the Darkh in Legends is from somewhere between leaving the League of Assassins and Oliver's five year journey.

Is it the same totem though? I was under the impression there were a few of those and Oliver happened to bury the one on Lian Yu. I don't remember the show either mentioning Darkh had that one specifically.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Someone reminded me, in the prior episode when Oliver catches up to Chase in the helicopter, he tells Oliver, "See you on the boat."

Also Chase killing himself like Oliver's father did.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I enjoyed that one episode with Constantine. But yeah, last season's flashback narrative sucked.

I didn't much enjoy S3's either but at least that connected and served a purpose with Katana, her husband, and Ra's disease. We didn't need that whole S4 narrative to establish that Oliver had dealt with magic before.
Honestly I wish they had more than like 2 minutes per episode in S4. And that Amell for some reason didn't want to wear his wig that season cause when it happened it was like present-Oliver just body shifted back to Lian Yu for no reason.

And it would've been better IMO if present Oliver in S4 was like poo poo-his-pants scared of magic because of what he witnessed on Lian Yu. Instead he was like "well them's the breaks".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

X-O posted:

Let's not count our chickens yet folks. Wonder Woman being good is something I'm going to credit Patty Jenkins with. We still have a company that wants to move forward with an Ayer directed Gotham Sirens and can't even get a Batman or Flash movie into pre-production. There's no reason to think this is a whole turnaround for the film division. This is because Patty Jenkins makes a good film.
As usual, Hollywood execs always seem to learn the wrong lessons.

• Locked thread