Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've finally (finally) gotten round to watching season four of Arrow and I'm roughly halfway through. Here's a list of 10 impressions I've had so far:

1. I can see how this would be very frustrating to watch if you're following it week to week and have to contend with hiatuses and breaks.

2. I understand why people joked about how it could be renamed "The Felicity Smoak Show" while season four was airing.

3. It handled its Legends of Tomorrow set-up content better than season two of Flash did.

4. In fact, it's a lot better than season two of Flash in general.

5. If nothing else, Neal McDonough is a lot of fun as Dahrk.

6. Flashbacks aren't very interesting although they'd served their purpose by the end of season two.

7. It does okay at managing its various subplots. Having multiple narrative irons in the fire like that is something that makes it feel like a comic book. Again, though, I can see how it would be annoying week to week, since it does break up the main plot quite a bit.

8. But at least it seems to have subplots, which I think is better than Flash season two managed.

9. Real shame they killed off Amanda Waller; I suppose that finished the job they started when they killed off Deadshot in season three but at least they left a door open for him so he could conceivably he could come back. A pity that the Suicide Squad movie really wasn't worth it.

10. In conclusion, it's better than Flash season two was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's an interview with one of the cast - possibly Willa Holland - which confirmed that the characters were killed off because WB/DC didn't want to create confusion with the DCEU versions.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xelkelvos posted:

For what it's worth, casting Rock as Black Adam isn't a bad idea at face value since he 100% has the look. It's just a matter of finding a Captain Marvel (I hate calling him Shazam) to bounce off of that's willing to go full Big Red Ham and Cheese. The alternative is seeing if the Rock would instead be Big Red (and probably rankle a few nerds who'd be mad Marvel isn't white)

If only Patrick Warburton was younger.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Marvel Family characters might be fun on Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl.

CW can get on the phone to Lyndsy Fonseca and see if she's up for playing Mary Marvel.

Make it a Nikita reunion with Noah Bean as Captain Marvel.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does Darhk's kid show up in season five? She seems to vanish right at the end of season four.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did she ever get a name? I remember Darhk's wife had a name but did his daughter get one?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

I remember Darhk's wife had a name because it was really weird and didn't sound like a name and people were saying it like normal, and I was like, what the gently caress is ruhvoodark?

Ruvé Darhk.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

howe_sam posted:

Given the lack of understanding the writers have for...well how anything in real life works(remember when majority shareholder Felicity Smoak got fired from PalmerTech?), it's probably for the best that they don't

Yeah, would have expected executive producer Marc "worked as a lawyer for five years" Guggenheim to catch that one.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I believe Barrowman's confirmed that Merlyn is definitely a goner, hasn't he?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What do Americans think of Blackthorne's American accent? I think it's pretty good but I'm not much of a judge.

I'm so accustomed to him using it (between Arrow and The Dresden Files) that it's a bit weird hearing his natural voice. You know, like Alexis Denisof and David Anders?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't remember what Oliver's / Thea's club was called ("Verdant") and had to look it up; I kept thinking of it as "the Bronze" because that's what I do every time a generic club is a regular set on a show like this.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Would be pretty cool if Michael Jai White came back. I'm not sure what Bronze Tiger's status is at the minute in the Arrowverse (I don't think he's been around for a couple of years?) but if they're going and doing kung fu Arrow, he'd be a guy you'd want.

Who's the best legitimate martial artist in the cast? I know David Ramsey has a black belt in jeet kune do.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Johnny Lee Miller should play the Question.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've got it: live-action take on DCAU Question, played by David Duchovny.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OB_Juan posted:

Perfect, if they could get Duchovny to look convincing in a fight. The comics Question was actually a pretty good punchman.

Oh, now that would be easy - just make it so he's always got the mask on when he fights and use a stunt double.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hangedman1984 posted:

I thought they ditched that romance cuz the two had like no chemistry together.

They could have, but I feel like the problem with both of Supergirl's main love interests so far has been that they get together because they're supposed to - because it's a CW show and you need a romantic drama subplot - than because the folks writing it have made it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
FADE IN:

INT. MAYOR'S OFFICE - DAY

OLIVER enters the office and approaches his desk. The chair is turned away from him. Suddenly, the chair turns to face him, revealing its occupant. It is Terry O'Quinn.

TERRY O'QUINN
You're still on the island, Oliver.

SMASH CUT TO:

EXT. THE ISLAND - NIGHT

OLIVER was MATTHEW FOX all along.

• Locked thread