Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
That would be so great. Get Peter Mensah back and whoever played Gannicus and literally just have a new Spartacus alumni supervillain show. I'd definitely watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Yeah, I'd entirely disagree about binge-watching the show making not being good because I binge-watched all of S2 in two days and I don't know if I could handle every single one of those episode ending cliffhangers each week. I also imagine that the pacing of S3 and S4 are improved when you don't have to wait weeks to find out what those 30 seconds of flashbacks had to do with anything.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

Rhyno posted:

The gently caress? Season 2 of Arrow is amazing.

I think he means week to week because you just want to see what happens next instantaneously like you can with bingeing.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Like, it seems hyperbolic to say so, but Season 2 of Arrow is genuinely one of my favorite TV seasons of all time. Like, competing with GoT Seasons 5 and 6, or Westworld S1 good. Granted, I only binged it, but it's just so well paced and so well set up. It's so incredible how it went from so good to so bad in the span of half a season.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Yeah, that is a pretty sick outfit.

Part of me wants Wild Dog to get an actual Team Arrow outfit, but another part of me loves that he just runs around with a crew of professional vigilantes with coordinating outfits and he's just rocking an old hockey mask, a hockey jersey, and camo pants, cause why not.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Even though 90% of that trailer was S5, what we saw of S6 was really well shot. Like so unlike most of the last few seasons, but I'm guessing they just used a lot of their best looking shots for the trailer.

Also, where's the goatee?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

R-Type posted:

Hopefully no more pill cutter - appliance housing kitbash props as well.

Random props getting destroyed in these action scenes are what make them great. They just stopped using them completely around season 3 and decided that fight scenes in uninteresting flat-surface, dimly lit spaces was good enough and it's not. The best fight scene of all of last season was the one between Ollie and Adrian with about 4 episodes left when they're just going crazy on each other and smashing through walls and poo poo. Give the fights at least some gravity. Warehouses are just poo poo cinematically.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

R-Type posted:

Without warehouses, the entire Canadian film industry would perish

Maybe that should be Ollie's platform as mayor. Just get rid of every abandoned warehouse in the city and crime will disappear.

Rhyno posted:

I've been saying it since it airs, it's criminal that Amell won't get any recognition for Olliver's scene with his parents.

It was a really good scene. Amell isn't always fantastic but he really nails it sometimes.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

Its Rinaldo posted:

Somebody already tried destroying the Glades. It didn't take.

Too true, although I have to imagine there are less super-villain ways to get rid of abandonment and vacancy in a city than a goddamn earthquake machine.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

The Lord Bude posted:

New big bad will be the gentrifier. English dandy in a top hat who has a nefarious plan to demolish all the abandoned warehouses and replace them with microbars and grungy industrial chic hipster cafes.

I have a strong feeling Ollie would be entirely for this. He's already mentioned having a fleece shirt uniform with birkenstocks and a "backpack full of locally sourced veggies" so I say go hog wild with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LtK3a9y2d8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
It's such a good name for the club and if a Star Citizen was smart enough they could probably piece together that Ollie is the Green Arrow from it.

Season 3 was pretty bad but the best part of the entire show for me still remains during a Cupid episode when she leads Ollie to a flower shop called the Sherwood Florist.

• Locked thread