Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

My guess is that there is a next to zero chance you see much of any Flashpoint on Arrow. For starters I'm sure there are some people who only watch Arrow, so they'd be completely lost. And more generally, having the show's plot shaped by events that occur completely outside the show would be...weird. They aren't going to Fringe S4 their entire lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvBBG1vmwM&t=207s From the gag reel, that is a million times better than how that went in the actual episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

It's been removed

Well poop, it was Felicity standing up from the wheelchair then blipping out of the room in a puff of smoke Road Runner style

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jack of Hearts posted:

I thought the musical episode was Flash/Supergirl. Is it a three-way crossover?

Just Flash/Supergirl, with Barrowman and Garber added because why would you leave them out of a musical? Though it would be kind of rad to see everyone around Ollie burst into song and he just grumps at them.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If not Whedon, I would love to see them bring in self-proclaimed nerd and MacArthur-certified genius Lin-Manuel Miranda.

About that:

quote:

IndieWire: How far along is the “Supergirl”/”The Flash” musical crossover?

Bertlanti: ... next week we’ll have to start talking about clearing music. I have a few ideas for tone and style in my head but we’re just starting to talk about what that can be. I do want to try and get an original piece of music written. As we make a deal on that we’ll probably make some announcements on the original songs.

IndieWire: Perhaps written by, I don’t know, Lin-Manuel Miranda?

Berlanti: (laughs) I would say, pretty close. I can’t say yet because we don’t have a deal yet, but I did speak to someone we’re really excited about. There are some writers I’m incredibly excited to work with.
Soooo, maybe?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Flashpoint is going to make this season even more of a dumpster fire than it already is and it's fantastic.

It's even better if Flashpoint Ollie and Laurel are a happy couple and Laurel's dead again after it's undone. I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

I am like 90% certain they've said that Flashpoint is confined to The Flash. As it turns out there isn't all that much overlap in viewership between Arrow and Flash.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Ringer wrote a nice appreciation of Berlanti's DC empire this week.

quote:

I remember Greg and (Andrew Kriesberg) were working on Arrow Episode 11 or 12 in that first year, and Greg said, ‘We should do a spinoff.’ … I literally said out loud, ‘You want to do another show? We can’t even do this show!’

Oh you don't say :mmmhmm:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

Back for Season 5, hopefully better than Season 4.

Saw a new promo, so is Murder Arrow is back?

More importantly Salmon ladder back!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

So I guess they're dropping a new Super Hero Fight Club video today that welcomes Supergirl to the CW.

Which probably explains that picture of all their feet that made the rounds a while back.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Spoilered just in case I guess? Dig was the best part of that, right?

That the fight club 2.0 thing? It's available on the CW app. Dig was greatand Ciscowns as usual.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That's only a chunk of the full thing, which does include fighting.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Scope out Diggle's new helmet

That's an improvement at least.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Last season should be on Netflix. Your legitimate options to stay current are their website/app (which I don't think requires a cable subscription) or buy it through iTunes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was a good introduction sequence.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Detective Lance, nooooo Laurel would be so disappointed in you :(

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Parachute arrow owns.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

The Ugly: What in the living gently caress were they thinking with that statue. It looked like it had stick-on googly eyes.

They hired the sculptor from Lionel Ritchie's hello video.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

She did save the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in the process...

Christ that was so very stupid.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I do very much love the notion of Mayor by day vigilante by night.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Awww, Detective Lance :smith:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think Rag man would have significant problems working with Felicity

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It occurs to me that loving around with the husband of the director of Argus is probably not a strong career move.

Lyla is still in charge of Argus right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I missed the first minute, did they include the Flash clip so people get the John Jr. thing?

Yep.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

And why Deadshot is back.

He makes a good point, they never did find a body.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Curtis is such the voice of reason.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The most stubbly administration

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I loved Rag Man's reaction to Felicity. No drama, no sobbing, just :stare: in disbelief and walk away.

I really hope this doesn't escalate buuuuut CW.

At least they didn't drag out Felicity telling him the truth, nor are they sweeping the dumbness of last season under the rug, so props Arrow writers?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think Diggle is my favorite character on the show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Cousin Johnny from Justified being the Bratva big wig was both cool and weird since I'm used to him speaking with a completely different accent.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They already said they're bringing a ton of dead characters back for the Arrow portion of the crossover so that seems like a safe bet.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Whatever happened to Thea's bloodlust?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lord please don't let the crossover suck.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sir Potato posted:

Do we have anymore theories about Prometheus's identity?

My guess is a resurrected by Flashpoint Laurel?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Where have they said season five would be the last? Ratings are still good enough to continue I thought?

In that EW cover story last week they were hinting that they think they might've run out of story.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Although the episode description for the Arrow episode of the crossover seems to hint that we may get a delayed Flashpoint episode, so that could address this more or affect more changes.

My guess is the Dominators put the whammy on Ollie to keep him out of commission while they take over

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This FFXV ads confuses me. Why is Florence & the machine singing over a stranger things pastiche?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Man, this is just a solid dick punch to poor Ollie, Thea and Sara.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Holy poo poo, that Thea/Sara combo move.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Judaism being the key to finding Ollie and crew amused me a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Was going to say I was disappointed that there was no super-powered cross-over team-up beat downs of aliens this episode but then Thea and Sara did an arrow alley-oop so I'm good

What, no love for Barry and Kara's superpowered combo move on the cyborg lady?

While this was very much an Arrow episode, goddamn Benoist was so great. :allears:

• Locked thread