Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

Look, if Saints Row 4 taught me anything, it's that aliens just leave (really intuitive) weapons lying around and that their motherships are super easy to take down if you just have a lot of balls.

And power armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ville Valo posted:

Did the writers forget Roy isn't dead? All those glowy ghost characters as Ollie was leaving were dead loved ones - Tommy, Laurel, his parents... and Roy? He's just in another city...

They're all people Ollie has lost in one way or another.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think the crossovers are here to stay ratings for last night's episode:

Arrow: .7 -> 1.3 +87%

:eyepop:

Flash and Supergirl had smaller, but still significant bumps as well, everything's been over a 1 in the 18-49 demo so far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh good, they didn't kill Curtis's husband.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm enjoying flashing back to season one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

:sigh: and the episode was going so well until Ollie killed Felicity's boyfriend.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

^^
She also had very Russian looking vodka, I smell shenanigans.

Well, huh, that's certainly a cliffhanger

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Prometheus being related to a hitherto unknown (those season one "flashbacks" were new right? My memory is terrible) kill from The List feels like a bit of a damp squib so I'm kind of hoping it is reporter lady.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tiggum posted:

They certainly seem to be hinting that, but it will annoy me if it's not actually Michael Dorn. You can't use that well-known a voice and then just go "nope it was someone who sounds completely different disguising their voice to sound like Worf somehow"

It's not the first time, they've used that trick though. Tony Todd's arguably an even more well known voice.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

As bullshit explanations go, that one isn't half bad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"Maybe she has an evil twin"

"Oh poo poo."

"You mean she has an evil twin?"

The recruits' reaction to the comic book bullshit will always be funny to me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Is this the first time Ollie's learned that he's dead on Earth-2?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

A new canary? gently caress the heck?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Caper posted:

That was Talia Al-Ghul right? And they tried to shoehorn her into Ollie's past

Talia shot David Meunier in the flashback. The new lady with the canary powers is somebody else.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

He's from Toronto so that would be an incredibly weird opinion to have.

His wife is from Texas, I think, and he got shirty over people calling all Texans racist hicks when that kid got suspended for bringing a clock to school.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"It's impossible to live up to the standard of Laurel"

Please post the gifs of Laurel falling down.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I really hope Felicity's little fan girl is on the level.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The tortured logic people are using to still be mad is ridiculous.

I don't know why they can't just say they like Katie Cassidy and want her to be Black Canary. That's okay, nothing wrong with that reason. You're allowed to like actors. But they always have to twist it into some crazy "but the comics!" mess.

I should stop reading about TV anywhere else.

I mean it is very https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o only somehow more improbable

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

I didn't find a problem with accent? I didn't recognize the actress so I didn't even know it was a fake accent. The only time I really can recognize a bad accent is if it's someone trying to suppress one and failing badly.

It wavered a couple of times, but other than that was pretty good i thought.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sir Potato posted:

That backdrop is literally the worst on television.

Such a fantastic episode. I've never seen this actress who plays Talia but I thought she was great. I love that she never introduces her self as Talia al Ghul so there's an actual reason why Ollie never mentioned her when the League stuff happened during S3. It's amazing that the show did such a great turnaround in quality over the last two. Here's hoping the rest of the season is just as good.

GO WATCH CONTINUUM.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Detective Lance and Wild Dog is a good combo.

Has anyone told Lance there's two alternate Laurels running around?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Black Siren and new Dinah.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Dinah isn't Laurel though.

Sure she is, they have the same first name, similar powers. The entire reason she's there is to replace Laurel.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I dig her and am already warming up to the idea of her being Oliver's next romantic interest.

I won't lie, in the episode with Black Siren I was thinking that version of Laurel worked better with Ollie: they both lost their Earth's version of the other, they both went bad for a time, and so on. Of course the episode didn't go down that path, but Dinah has a similar dynamic so when they go down that path (because of course they are) it should work.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I have no idea if they're going to stick the landing on a mass shooting episode, but hey, more power to the show for trying.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

^^^
Curtis is going to help Rene get his daughter back and Ollie gave an inspirational speech.

I would dearly love to know what was in that magic gun control legislation.

Arrow is totally the wrong show to take on gun violence in any serious sort of way, but like I said before, I admire the chutzpah.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nah, but next week Cupid's back.

Oh man, some of the replies to the show's twitter account are suuuuuper salty right now.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I guess you could reason that the social worker didn't have to be in Star City, and I'm not sure we even actually saw any indication that Rene and his family were living in Star City? It would sort of make more sense if the "Wild Dogs" was a team from some other city or else a ton of Star City residents would be wearing Rene's uniform. Maybe he just moved to Star City after everything that happened?

The game Rene and his daughter go to is in The Glades, so at the very least they are Star City adjacent.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mmmm, droppin bodies and a failed this city that's the good stuff.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh Felicity hacking the reporter's computer was a terrible idea.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I mean, by all rights Oliver really should be removed from office for that stunt

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

When did the doctor know who Oliver really is?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Swerve :aaa:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tbf Curtis shouldn't have lead with "we stopped an assassination attempt" if the reason Paul left was because of the vigilantism

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chase does make for a delightful psycho

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I did like Anatoly making GBS threads on Oliver's superhero stylings.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Excellent use of Malcolm there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

hey Evelyn is back!

And now she's gone.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Anatoly's continued :stonk: over Oliver's actions has been great. When a Russian gangster thinks you've gone too far you've probably gone too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That's not really some deep, dark secret there Oliver.

• Locked thread