Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Longbaugh01 posted:

I don't know if Oliver's confession really hit home as much as it was intended to, but I think it makes sense. Not sure where it goes from here though

Oliver abandons the Green Arrow identity, throws himself into being the mayor, and the show becomes a remake of Spin City with Team Arrow as his staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Spacebump posted:

I wish they would add Black Siren to Legends instead of Arrow next season. It would be a better fit and her interactions with Sarah would be interesting.

Guess who's in the finale of Legends?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Good job Oliver, you're helping the Bratva make super heroin.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, that shot of Oliver dropping out of the ceiling was cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Zebulon posted:

loving HELL Adrian.
I thought it was overall sort of a middling episode -- because sweet Christ I am bored with Oliver's angst over whether or not he's a monster -- but that ending :stonk:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The people of Star City would probably be glad to know their mayor is capable of defending himself from the constant threat of ninja attack.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

McSpanky posted:

The Rashomon episode of Batman TAS was pretty great for this too. (Not "Legends of the Dark Knight", this one.)

There was also "Almost Got im" where all the villains are sitting around comparing death traps that almost worked while they play poker.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh cool, I missed that Nyssa's coming back.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know why the thread became randomly convinced Dinah was dead a little while ago but its cool to get the news that she and Wild Dog are pretty set

When they announced Katie Cassidy was going to be a regular next season a lot of people, myself included, wondered what that meant for Dinah and if they would limit themselves to one meta with a Canary cry.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Why is Oliver running around in the goalie mask?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Felicity and Felicity's Friend (I'm not calling her Kojo) sure let a lot of Helix members die before turning off those turrets.

Or were they just supposed to be mercs again?

Pretty sure they were just mercs.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think this dark side stuff worked. Helix has done nothing worse than Team Arrow does all the time.

Which is why Felicity is so hacked off with Ollie and Dig. Oliver's certainly right that working with Helix is a bad idea, but after all the morally compromised decisions he's made over the course of the show, it's either hypocrisy or hard-earned experience, and thanks to the writing it comes across more as the former than the latter.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

Wait...why Earth-38 specifically?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_38

Earth-38 is Supergirl's Earth in the CW continuity

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

In Supergirl's case they probably should've numbered it after the year Kara debuted, but they went with Superman's introduction instead. Either way, it makes sense because they're the Earth with Kryptonians

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't running an internal combustion engine in an enclosed space like that a really bad idea?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"If Malcolm Merlyn's proved anything locks don't matter to the League of Assassins," good line.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Should be a fun finale, that really feels like a series finale.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

I could not disagree more strongly. I love that cue.

It just screams crazy poo poo is about to happen or is happening. It's great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Amell says there's another former cast member coming back who hasn't been featured in any of the promotional material, could be Roy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

The Darhk in legends is explicitly stated as being from the 1970s. That's where they took him back to at the end of the show.

They most certainly did not.

That's straight 80's.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Boomerang you two-timing sonovabitch :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well this would explain why Malcolm isn't going to be around next season.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh hi there Moira

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Welp, there goes Adrian.

Also bets on them hiding in the prison hole to escape the high explosives? Man, Flash and Arrow both had to leave off on poo poo cliffhangers this year, didn't they?

This was much more organic to the story they were telling than Flash

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm just glad Oliver is still the mayor.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some BBC(?) charity event thinger NBC brought over

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It was a dumb escalation of threat that had no place on Arrow is what it was.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The gloves that double as sleeves, but can't be bothered to cover all of her arms look silly, but other than that, yeah good costume.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

The show doesn't seem to be willing to commit to real plot lines in the mayors office. It would be great if we had a season long political B plot so that we could see Oliver doing his actual job from time to time.

Given the lack of understanding the writers have for...well how anything in real life works(remember when majority shareholder Felicity Smoak got fired from PalmerTech?), it's probably for the best that they don't

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The trailer for the season sure makes it look like the kid's mom died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZEeDEwRE0

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I just rewatched the Arrow portion of the Dominators crossover, and it really is an all time great episode for the show. They did such a fabulous job of threading the needle between honoring the show's past, while dealing with the overarching alien invasion plot at the same time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

And I missed this news earlier, but they're moving Arrow to Thursday's at 8 for some reason.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

With no context I thought this was going to be something about Oliver and Felicity...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kilson posted:

Has he ever played a remotely likable character in anything?

Charlie in Fringe

e:fb Rhyno!:argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Charlie in Fringe was a really great guy,

Both of him in fact (I miss Fringe :()

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Why isn't Anna Torv in more things?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know what the show did, I didn't watch it.
M'Gann is hanging out on earth posing as a Green Martian feeling guilty over helping commit genocide. J'onn meets her and things get...complicated.

Also, Season 2 of Supergirl is one of the best seasons of CWDC, fight me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I haven't read the interview myself, but I've seen people on Twitter talking about how Guggenheim said they want to do a BLM episode, and oh man is that probably a terrible idea.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If you like seeing Oliver wearing bad fake beards, Legends Season One is for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5mlGk1PCw

• Locked thread