Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Arrow is great again. Oliver is dropping bodies, Felicity isn't whining as much (there was a follow up on her nuking a place!), the new team seems to have decent chops, and I'm excited to watch again. what a world, but then again this is what I said about Season 4...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Team Arrow is performing a prison break, this will be fun

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the main villain for this season is probably Prometheus, but I expect to see Church all season. he's been really good, as has the new team dynamic. hope springs eternal

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The reporter lady giving Oliver her number was an underratedly funny moment

Oliver also applying blackmail was a cool thing too

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 3, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

X-O posted:

That actually wasn't Oliver either time. It was Chance.

I commented before I saw the reveal :downs:

It's definitely a point of intrigue that the reporter was able to find a photo from Oliver's Bratva days. Arrow is raising the bar??

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Not gonna lie, "The Climb" was a really good episode too. Ra's completely dominating Oliver and kicking his rear end off the mountain was amazing especially leading into the midseason break. a shame the rest of season 3 was mediocre

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Evelyn being the mole makes sense, she's the one most at odds with Oliver, but I do wonder what her motivation is

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

jeez, it's kind of crazy seeing Robert and Moira after such a long time. also liked that the title card was all the arrowheads from the first five seasons

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the whole simulation was a bunch of dickpunches to Oliver and Thea, i actually felt really sad at the end when Oliver saw everyone

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oliver landing a helicopter at the U.S. Open to impress Maria Sharapova is pretty funny, and an underrated moment

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think Laurel showing up out of nowhere is the other ramification of Flashpoint, which would be pretty cool seeing as the way she died was completely loving stupid

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

but really, I hope someone calls out Felicity for just uprooting Thea out of her apartment. that was just rude

the interaction between Thea and Rene was pretty funny I'll admit

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

to his credit, Amell gave a pretty gracious response to that bile

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dinah Drake :allears:

this has probably been the strongest half season since season 2

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oliver and Dinah have really solid chemistry, I'd guess. i'm a big fan of the new Canary actually

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this was a good episode, again, but there was a weird Very Special Episode quality due to that random shooting and the fallout

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think this season is shaping up to where Oliver has to reveal himself as the Green Arrow, it's been made explicitly clear throughout the season that Oliver can't balance being the Arrow and the mayor, so something will happen where he takes the third option and makes it known that he's the Green Arrow

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Chase also appears to be bugfuck crazy in the trailer for next week's episode

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

nooneofconsequence posted:

Prometheus is actually the CEO's son who stole Chase's identity. The real Chase is Vigilante.

I'm betting this is what it is. It's what they did on Flash, only it'll work because it's not pants on head stupid

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've caught up after getting trapped in a vortex of schoolwork, and man, last week's episode was metal as gently caress. Show has been at its peak this year

e: A political leader caught up in a backroom deal with shady Russians? a work of fiction, I say

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 30, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I mean, the whole thing with the apartment is funny because Oliver and Felicity move there when they're called back to deal with HIVE, but you know its still Thea's. At some point, the ownership changes hands and its Felicity's for no apparent reason.

I've always seen it as a plot hole that no one bothered to address but its still odd nonetheless

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

remember the one, secret apartment that Oliver went to in Season 2 (or was it 1?) when he bugged out and needed to be away from the team? it's that one, probably

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

just know one thing: Everything is Barry Allen's fault

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so was Helix working with Chase all along? or is this perhaps a hook for season 6, where Oliver takes on the cyber

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This was a really good episode. I almost missed the Prometheus Chord but then it came back in at the very end, next week should be good

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm still miffed that they decided to bring back the stupidest plot point ever

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is anybody going to make a thread for Season 6? I'll put something together if no else wants to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'll take you up on that!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837133

come on down everyone, it's about to be a good year!

• Locked thread