Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Supernatural is still going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the problem is that Arrow has been consistently solid for awhile now. Not amazing, but good. So nobody's hatewatching it anymore.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Don't worry. Legends S3 will have to face the Injustice Gang of Prometheus, Savitar, and Bizaro Supergirl.

I really want to see a three way fight between Black Canary, Black Siren, and Silver Banshee

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

If it's Roy, it better be Kara's Roy with a metal Cadmus arm

I stopped watching Supergirl, did they really show her earth's Arsenal?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
aside from the dumb cliffhanger, that was really good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They aren't going to kill off Thea right after they "killed" Merlyn. Plus, if William is going to become a recurring character then they'd definitely want to keep Thea around. She's his aunt, it gives William a direct relationship to another character.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm not really sure how you don't conclude he yanked Boomerang onto the mine and then ran for the hills. Y'know, the same way he pushed Thea off and took her place.

obviously, but the characters are going to act like he's dead until he comes back.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Also Mon-El left Earth forever because Lena Luthor created a device that put a bunch of lead into Earth's atmosphere.

Wouldn't that give everyone on earth lead poisoning? Did Lena Luthor make everyone mentally retarded?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobby Digital posted:

They said it was a level too low to cause lead poisoning in humans.

That poo poo is bio-accumulative. People breathing in lead for 70+ years, plus the regular exposure to lead. and it gets passed to fetuses from their mothers

Next season on Supergirl: "Sure are a lot of premature and still births at Metropolis General. Kara, go see if it's an alien or something"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kara: "There's definitely something going on. For some reason I can't see through babies anymore. their brains are completely shielded from my x-ray vision!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deathstroke on Legends would either gently caress up the great comedic tone season 2 established, or gently caress up the seriousness of Slade's character. I want that thing Rhyno said

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

She still nuked the center of a town instead of the outskirts for some reason.

She diverted it from a bigger city and she could only divert it so far. I kinda assume it's like one of those cities that's just surrounded by smaller suburban towns where white people live to avoid taxes and poor people, so she didn't have any good options

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Channing Tatum would be perfect as Shazam

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
what

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did she ever get a name? I remember Darhk's wife had a name but did his daughter get one?

I remember Darhk's wife had a name because it was really weird and didn't sound like a name and people were saying it like normal, and I was like, what the gently caress is ruhvoodark?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

What do Americans think of Blackthorne's American accent? I think it's pretty good but I'm not much of a judge.

It's a very good non-specific northeastern cartoon cop voice

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

And Oliver's season one girlfriend (remember her?) is the main character.

Shado?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

The detective.

She played Shiva on The League too, like Rhyno said.

what?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

So apparently the S6 villain is Richard Dragon? We goin back to kung fu Arrow?

Isn't Richard Dragon a good guy? Also, does this mean Vic Sage?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Bamford has talked about wanting to do cooler fights this season too now that he's a producer.

That sounds good, I hope they can do something to top Bamford's Christmas Special

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Johnny Lee Miller should play the Question.

Vic Sage is supposed to look like a local news guy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Save the newscaster character for Jack Ryder/The Creeper. Just let The Question be The Question.

The Question Is a newscaster! You just want the DCAU version, which is unlike he's ever been portrayed in the comics.

Save the cartoon joke character for Jack Ryder/The Creeper. Just let The Question be The Question

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If they're doing the Question the season's big bads need to be poverty and the fact that it's impossible to solve crime by punching criminals. An actual comics-accurate Question would be the perfect foil for Mayor Queen, and force the show to go back to at least the level of social consciousness it was at in the first season, where the bad guys were rich people who wanted to kill poor people.

Goddamnit, That loving Justice League cartoon ruined The Question and John Stewart. Who had been two of DC's best, most complex characters until they were completely changed to fit a Saturday morning cartoon and that became the only version people knew about.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

Please tell more about Jon Stewart! He was one of the few black heroes I never got into. What was different in comics vs JLU and such?

He wasn't a Marine, he was an architect. That shaped how he saw the world, not just how he saw space and constructions, but how he saw relationships between people. When he was tasked with policing a patchwork world made up of different parts of other worlds, he saw keeping peace between the different races as an architectural and engineering problem, not a political one.

He was also a black man. Not just in the incidental way he was in the show, it was a huge part of how he saw himself. But it wasn't just a source of pride and strength, he had his own exaggerated mental image of what a good black man was. He had to square the fact that he had left his community, become essentially a cop, and dated exclusively alien and white women since then with that image of a good black man.

You should check out Green Lantern Mosaic, it's basically an examination of the character. Unfortunately since the JLU cartoon made him a Marine that got added to his backstory in the comics, and it's pretty common for comic writers to just fall back on that, rather than actually trying to write him as he was presented in Mosaic.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, poo poo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's a couple really good seasons in Fringe

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

I haven't read the interview myself, but I've seen people on Twitter talking about how Guggenheim said they want to do a BLM episode, and oh man is that probably a terrible idea.

The best we could hope for would be "oh good, we caught the small group of racist cops who were giving cops a bad name, problem solved!" but I wouldn't put it past them to do at least a little "many sides"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe they'll surprise us, maybe this season will be about Oliver training antifa.

Sure, their black bloc tactics might be effective on the streets, but do they know what to do if the Nazis come at them one at a time in a dark warehouse?

• Locked thread