Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

This season will make for much easier viewing now that we no longer need to worry about whether they can fix the show.

I'm betting Thea dies midseason, Lance dies in the spring premiere and Diggle dies in episode 21 so the writers can fulfill their fantasy of putting Felicity and Oliver relationship drama front and center for 41 minutes in every episode of season 6.

I know you're joking but they need to make a decision on Oliver and Felicity. Either they are together or not because trying to play this down the middle is hurting the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

McSpanky posted:

I was perfectly happy having forgotten all that nuke bullshit and I assumed the apartment was just set reuse until now, thanks jerks!

I assume Flashpoint wrote out that nuke. Problem solved.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I missed the first minute, did they include the Flash clip so people get the John Jr. thing?

And why Deadshot is back.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I do wish they used Dig more in the previous seasons bringing the counter point of a solider. Dig has killed people before, granted under the authority of the government, and realizes that sometimes death is the only option.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Oh hey I just realized the bit about Tommy being off in Chicago practicing medicine was a Chicago Med reference. :haw:

I've never seen a show so brazenly say, we love this guy and its awesome he got this role too bad he couldn't make it 4th wall reference.

Also, I know it's obvious but it's cool that Ray and Sara were included with the Arrow 100/Crosssover because of their origins in the show.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Klungar posted:

Unbeknownst to Quentin, he recently picked up a strange coin and became possessed by the demon inside who is slowly taking over control of his mind.

Doctor Vodoo?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Third, because it misses the voltron-troll. She's both Prometheus AND Black Canary.

I'm hoping it's the "Rick & Morty"-style thing where she's from an alternate timeline/universe where everyone else died, and she left to find one where she was dead, but her friends weren't. I almost don't even care if anything comes of that backstory. She can even keep the Canary Cry!

I want it to be an escaped Black Siren loving with Ollie and forming the Legion of Doom from Legends.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I know they would never do it but it would be nice to have a crossover with Ollie, Barry, and Kara where it was just them interacting as their civilian selfs. Sometimes its hard to realize why Barry and Oliver (and Kara) are friends if this is the only time they see each other, you know?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Katie Cassidy is amazing as Black Syren though.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Actually, I think they threw everyone off that sent this week. Prometheus presumably already knew Oliver was the Green Arrow. That was something she was just figuring out.

Evelyn already told Prometheus who is on team arrow.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I know they can't do it but I kinda wish that if Oliver is revleaed to be the Arrow and rather than choose the mask chooses the public servant route to further distinguish him from the whole Batman but with a bow thing.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I mean I know Barry is busy with a speedster god but maybe give him a call and have him search the city or something?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Sir Potato posted:

That fight scene between Adrian and Ollie was legitimately one of the best fight scenes in the past three seasons. Finally someone realized that fighting in an open warehouse or on a rooftop or on a parking lot is not interesting to watch. Give me two really angry people lunging at each other and breaking shelves and punching each other through walls. It was like 30 seconds long and it was the best we've gotten in a long time.

The actor who plays Chase is pulling off a serious Flash Season 2 Zoom vibe. Once that actor was finally able to let loose cause it was known that he was the villain he became so much better. This actor is still really good when he was just Chase, but now that he's allowed to chew the scenery as the villain, he is chewing the hell out of the scenery and I love it.

Also, they have done a decent job of pointing out that hand to hand, Ollie is good but not untouchable.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I get what you're saying too. That's just Oliver. His whole thing is to dictate morality from a soap box all while he's clearly the most morally questionable guy in the room. It always comes off a little hypocritical but he's also usually right. And filled with self loathing.

Its ok to kind of hate Oliver and think he's an rear end in a top hat, because he clearly does.

Known murder Barry Allen pointed this during the first crossover. The Arrow is a dick, Oliver needs to be better and could inspire people if he got out of his own way.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

Honestly? Grab some beverages of your choice and binge whatever you have left of season 4. There's a lot of stupid in there, but its not nearly as terrible as most claim.

This season is absolutely worth your time, and then some. I too was skeptical and peaced out last year. It is worth catching up on.

I oddly think the end of season 4 gave Ollie more depth too and it kinda commentary on comic book nerd gripes with modern comics.

The show just took a weird dip in the middle of its 3rd and 4th season.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

75 percent of Season 3 is great, the last 25 kinda falls flat.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Good news for casting, weirdly Rick Gonzales does a great job of emoting via his eyes in the Wild Dog costume.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Yeah they nailed the landing for sure. I think that might have been my favorite season of the show. It and season two are right there close together.

Season 2 benefits from 2 seasons of build up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

I haven't read the interview myself, but I've seen people on Twitter talking about how Guggenheim said they want to do a BLM episode, and oh man is that probably a terrible idea.

On the other hand, this show is about a traditionally liberal character fighting about controversial issues.

• Locked thread