Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I thought that was a great premiere (though admittedly I've never gotten close to the hatred that some people seem to have for this show). The new status quo is an interesting one, the flashback story actually has potential, the new villain is cool, I like the idea of Oliver training the new people as an ongoing arc, and the characters seem to be back in a good groove.

Also all the hand-wringing about Laurel's last words being to bless Ollicity actually paid off well and made the true reveal of her last wish even more effective to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The thing I noticed with that though is it's clearly a last wish type of thing, while at that point she (and the audience) was supposed to think everything went fine and she was in the clear.

Well remember that she at the very least was retiring as the Canary, so she was just making sure Oliver trained someone else to carry the mantle.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Feenix posted:

She was pushing Wild Dog or whatever his name was so hard... I kinda think it's him. But would she really be so dumb as to get involved with another vigilante?

Wasn't Wild Dog the one Oliver shot with an arrow at the start of the episode? If so he appears to be a young black man, which would admittedly be a pretty effective disguise for Felicity's boyfriend.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Who else is going to say anything? The nuclear mass murderer?

Like hypocrisy ever slowed Felicity down for even a goddamn second.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Felicity's boyfriend definitely made a point of not having met any of Felicity's friends, though it's hard to tell if she has any friends in town besides the team. Maybe Curtis knows?

As far as Laurel coming back, I don't know how Flashpoint would make that happen. If that were the case, she'd already be alive, since the timeline changes are already in effect. Moreover, her not being dead would completely undermine Oliver's primary motivation this year - her death has completely changed how he approaches the vigilante business. How do you bring her back without completely negating the emotional arc of the season?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I said suit up the exact moment that Curtis did.

Also I'm pretty much 90 percent sure that the second guy from the left in this picture:

Is gonna be a problem for present day Ollie, he's probably Prometheus. Guaranteed.

Isn't that the guy Ollie is joining the Bratva to try and kill? He hasn't struck me as the "put on a mask and use a bow" kind of guy so far.

The only real hint we have is the whole "someone affected by Oliver's Season 1 crusade" thing, right?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

I came back for this season because I've heard rumblings Barry's Flashpoint "fix" will bring Laurel back to life somehow.

I still don't understand how people think that's going to go down. Any timeline changes that would have resulted from Flashpoint are already in effect (like Diggle's child switching genders), and Laurel is still so incredibly dead that it's been the driving force of much of the season for Oliver. And even if Barry goes back in time again (despite the writers of his show essentially turning to the camera and apologizing for how convoluted everything had gotten because of time travel), any changes that result would not seem like changes to anyone on Arrow, just to Barry. So you wouldn't get Laurel's dramatic return and the fallout of that with Oliver and the new team, you'd get everything so far this season more or less erased and reset back to how it was at the end of last season, and done in such a way that it would only be acknowledged on Arrow in the "Previously On..." segment.

I know it's all based on interviews and spoilers and all that, but those have been misleading before and I don't see a way the show can pull off this trick without getting really stupid.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

This was another good episode in what has been a good season. And that thing with Prometheus' weapons being forged from Oliver's old melted arrows is boss as gently caress.

Don't think I buy Quentin as Prometheus though, as strong as his motivation would be and as hilarious as "drunk becomes supervillain when he blacks out" is as a concept. I think the real person is just setting him up/gaslighting him.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

It makes the most sense that she turned after she joined Team Arrow, and probably even after the fight on the train. By that point she was pissed at Oliver and back on the revenge tip, so why not seek out the local vengeful psycho and see what's up?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Ville Valo posted:

I kinda dig lovely-circumstances Laurel 2. I'd be totally okay with her having a change of heart and being The New Laurel. Oh well.

I'm assuming this new Canary will be named Dinah-something.

Well technically Laurel's name is Dinah Laurel Lance, and her mother's name is Dinah, so that might be a bit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I was really hoping that he would just tell everyone he's Green Arrow, I mean every villain already knows who he is and all his family and friends are already risking their lives as vigilantes except Susan I guess but he can protect her right?

That would open him up to prosecution for the many crimes he's committed, including the recent murder of a cop that he himself attributed to the Green Arrow.

It would also put a lot of pressure on the police to bring him in. It's one thing to pretend like you're trying really hard to catch a mysterious vigilante while secretly giving him a pass, it's another to just refuse to arrest the guy when everyone knows who he is.

• Locked thread