Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Please let Prometheus be Tommie...

By the time we see Tommy again it'll have been so long I think most of the audience would go "... who?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Did the writers forget Roy isn't dead? All those glowy ghost characters as Ollie was leaving were dead loved ones - Tommy, Laurel, his parents... and Roy? He's just in another city...

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

hangedman1984 posted:

Felicity was there too, so not all dead people

She's dead inside. :colbert:

(I forgot she was there.)

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I kinda dig lovely-circumstances Laurel 2. I'd be totally okay with her having a change of heart and being The New Laurel. Oh well.

I'm assuming this new Canary will be named Dinah-something.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

ShakeZula posted:

Well technically Laurel's name is Dinah Laurel Lance, and her mother's name is Dinah, so that might be a bit too much.

Sure, but they never (super rarely) use it. They were pretty clear in their comments over the break that they consider Green Arrow/Black Canary a pairing that's impossible to get away from; I can't imagine they go with an entirely new character and just use the power and moniker. At least, I hope not.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

bull3964 posted:

Nice if Ollie to be concerned about reforming her AFTER she broke out of the pipeline. She was right there the whole time, ya could have been making visits.

The fact that he wasn't had me somehow convinced that STAR Labs kept it from him. Like surely he'd drop everything if they went "hey, we got your dead ex in a cell over here, just a little more evil than you remember."

Rhyno posted:

If your dead former girlfriend's doppleganger was hanging around you wouldn't be in a rush to go visit.

Really? I feel like that's exactly what I'd do, especially if she was safely behind glass.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Rhyno posted:

To what end? You know it's not her and all that can be had from the encounter is pain. Look what the Dominator's VR world did to Ollie, you think he'd want to frequently go through that?

It's a version of her. Her being a person you had immense feelings for at one point, and will literally never see again otherwise. That's powerful stuff.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Tree Dude posted:

I call DA guy "discount Christian Bale." and while I'm at it Daxonite guy from Supergirl is discount Paul Rudd.

It would be very weird to have Paul "Aging Rapidly" Rudd as a love interest for Supergirl. ... Though everyone I know seems to consider Lena/Kara the canon and endgame pairing anyway, so whatever.

I was a little surprised when DA Guy didn't go Vigilante to bust Dig out, but I guess that'd be a little on the nose. At least this way we know he's good at his job and resourceful.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Ville Valo posted:

I'm assuming this new Canary will be named Dinah-something.

Ville Valo posted:

Sure, but they never (super rarely) use it. They were pretty clear in their comments over the break that they consider Green Arrow/Black Canary a pairing that's impossible to get away from; I can't imagine they go with an entirely new character and just use the power and moniker. At least, I hope not.

drat, did I call it or what? Knew they couldn't resist.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

kjetting posted:

Next season will have flashbacks to the first season.

Will next season be when this joke dies? It's been made every year for the last 5 years.

It must become... something else.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Your monthly reminder: Berlanti has said that killing Thea is the one bridge the show will never cross. His reasoning is that Ollie's already lost enough family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
So Roy really did get cut, huh?

• Locked thread