Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm hi hoping the nukes get flashpointed away.

Along with the memories of the rooftop nuke hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

ice cold horchata posted:

speaking of crossover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7H7oDczuY

dunno if this will stay up long. contains supergirl spoiler.

Spoilered just in case I guess? Dig was the best part of that, right?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Invalid Validation posted:

So I guess the police don't give a poo poo about vigilantes anymore.

They've hit the point where Ollie's the mayor by virtue of survival. Rule of law isn't really very strong in Star CIty.

Rhyno posted:

Also Felicity left herThea's apartment door open when she came home and it annoyed the poo poo out of me.

Fixed.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This week's flash mentioned there's at least one difference.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Crunk Abortion posted:

I'm hoping that with the theme of this season being to bring the show full circle that Prometheus is related to someone Oliver murdered in season 1.

That doesn't rule Tommy out.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

pee out my butt posted:

In the crossover they fight Majin BuuRas A Lghul and learn that he turned Laurel into that Dharhk chocolate statue and she's been spending 12 episodes eating her way to freedom.

FIXED!

Or changed, at least.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

AbstractNapper posted:

It's nice seeing "Cutty" (Chad L. Coleman) as this season's baddie. Although, I am not sure how much they can drag him escaping out the window -so to speak- after each encounter with the arrow and friends.

As far as the new team goes:

Ragman is cool. Currently overpowered, but if anything the writers will have a challenge matching opponents and challenges for him. Or he will storm off all pissed with Felicity's "oops, sorry I killed your folks and friends and cratered your hometown". Which, again, surprisingly the writers didn't drag out much, as far as keeping it a dark secret.

Wild Dog is ok too. He looks like he is having fun, I guess, and it's sort of a nice contrast to everyone else being constantly depressed or depressing.

The girl is... I don't know. What's her story exactly? Was she the canary imitator from last season? So far she just provides some punchlines. Maybe she is written to be a love interest for Wild Dog, to fill up a few episodes.

Curtis seems to have taken a turn to the worse with his awkwardness. Hopefully, he will soon get over this phase, and be more fun and interesting.

Ragman - Is he that op, or is the rest of the team that bad? Otherwise, agreed! He's kinda cool.

Wild Dog - Agreed.

The Girl - Yep, she is the canary imitator. Now that she's a regular, it's kinda surprising nobody's asked how she got the canary thingy to work. Maybe they dropped that point?

Curtis - Not noticing too much of a change. Keep on keep'n on Curtis!

We'll see. It was good to hear the catchphrase, though!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
That would be 100% comic book bullshit.

:byodood:"But... but.. you're so dead we built a statue to you!"

:byodame:"My sister is Sara Lance, Time Lesbian. Aint' gotta explain poo poo!"

Seriously, why haven't they pulled a Chrono Trigger with her yet?

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 28, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

spooky like this! posted:

He's the new DA, Adrian Chase aka the Vigilante.

Also it's kind of goofy how Oliver has gotten in to the house stealing seeing as he's been hanging out in the old Hive base.

Why waste a perfectly good secret bunker?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Prometheus sounds like Worf, but is probably the DA.

Maybe he had something going on with one of the Lance sisters before the island, and that's his dark secret/makes that conversation relevant.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Cheapstroke the Terminated

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

ShakeZula posted:

Don't think I buy Quentin as Prometheus though, as strong as his motivation would be and as hilarious as "drunk becomes supervillain when he blacks out" is as a concept. I think the real person is just setting him up/gaslighting him.

It's 100% Felicity's boyfriend, but this will be a fun sidetrack.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Also, Oliver was very publicly arrested for being the Hood and the Arrow. Yet the B-Team was surprised that he was the Green Arrow? Or didn't figure out he was all three immediately? The answer to "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!?" should have been "Wait, you didn't know?"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like I've seen this same kind of thing happen wrt alien language before in some other sci fi thingy.

Or I read it in a book, or something.

Stargate was pretty big on it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think my favorite moment was Ollie taking an arrow in the shoulder, and groaning, but in more of a "oh this poo poo again" way more than anything.

And incrementing the Ray Palmer Fuckup Counter

Edit:

The actor who played Tommy went on to play a doctor on Chicago Med, making the Thea/Malcom conversation about him kinda funny.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 1, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Prometheus actually being (ex)Detective Lance would be great. Oliver probably hasn't ruined anyone's life harder, and it would be a great double-twist.

Also, I suppose it would tie into the return(?) of Laurel(?).

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

How does old burnt out alcoholic suddenly gain Ra's Al Ghul level combat skills though?

Laurel did it? Vengence is a hell of a drug? Flashpoint/explain/poo poo? I don't know. I'm sure it will get explained via flashbacks. Also, alcholism would be a great cover for the training and not being around when he's supposed to be.

Alternately, I'm wrong, and that's fine.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Klungar posted:

Unbeknownst to Quentin, he recently picked up a strange coin and became possessed by the demon inside who is slowly taking over control of his mind.

So there's a wizard party coming his way soon?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So the next five seasons are alt-Laurel flashbacks?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

This would be the second biggest troll (next to making Laurel Prometheus) and I would also laugh my rear end off.

Third, because it misses the voltron-troll. She's both Prometheus AND Black Canary.

I'm hoping it's the "Rick & Morty"-style thing where she's from an alternate timeline/universe where everyone else died, and she left to find one where she was dead, but her friends weren't. I almost don't even care if anything comes of that backstory. She can even keep the Canary Cry!

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 23, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Are they actually? Amazing. They inch ever closer to an appearance of the Question.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, you don't hand someone a container named Pandora, with something they want inside, and have it not screw them.

I would be super disappointed if that went well. Also, what's KOJO short for?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The Question is "why not"?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The vigellante is bill Malone

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I hope that since Adrian Chase isn't his real name that Vigilante is actually the real Adrian Chase. But Vigilante is totally Bratva Captain number 3 on Ollie's team in the flashbacks.

That would be an amazing clusterfuck. I like it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Phylodox posted:

Hey, quick question: how many steps ahead is Prometheus? I think they may have mentioned it.

I'm still not clear on what game they're playing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Yeah, the comics version of Hub city is preeeeeetttty grim.

Now that Ollie's the mayor, I want Vic Sage to show up as a crusading journalist, just totally after the obviously corrupt mayor Queen. The could go half a season of that before we see the Question proper, and it would still be great.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Narcissus1916 posted:

He/She's a natural fit for Arrow's world and I have to imagine the Charlton Comics baggage is the only reason we haven't seen them.

Isn't that done by now?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Extending the musical crossover to this episode would have been great.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Outing Chase also gives Mayor Ollie room to discount everything he's said recently about the Green Arrow - obviously he's a cool guy and DA Chase, known psychopath, was strong-arming the mayor into saying all of that. And every person Chase kills from here on out cements that story.

Hell Prometheus probably killed Billy, somehow.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe this is all leading up to Amell showing up on Shanara. A universe where a random archer could DEFINITELY appear for an ep or two, and never be seen again.

Bonus points if it's in one of Manu's character's flashbacks.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Eh, the previous seasons were "fun" if not "good". Legends got a season 2, so I don't see why that wouldn't. Besides, MTV might be trying to figure out how the CW keeps a fanbase.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

McSpanky posted:

this problem was outside Batman's usual context.

It's true. Batman has no context for habitual killers for whom the justice system is just a speedbump.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
That could be, and would make more sense than the way I took it, I guess.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I liked the episode, especially the Wild Dog and Hoss parts. Oliver probably could have leaned on "Yes, I have done, and will continue to do things I think are bad, but I've just recently come to terms with the fact that I was, and sorta still am a serial killer" a little better.

Also, I'm looking forward to lyla_was_right.mp4

Helix may or not be a big bad, but Kojo probably will be.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The next crossover should take place on Supergirl's Earth, and be a musical.

Staring Slade.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean, clearly he's not done and William's still in a lot of danger, but telling him to go gently caress himself and then throwing him in a deep dark ARGUS hole was really cathartic. Gonna suck real bad for Ollie when he busts Slade out, though!

Nah, I think he gave William to Slade.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Just saw the last two episodes of the season. Chase was great. Almost as good as Slade.

I really want Slade to end up on the Waverider. That would be pretty good. What will happen instead will be that he managed to rescue Evelyn, and she's his new sidekick.

I hope Nameless Mom doesn't die. I could be wrong, but I don't think the kid will add much to the show.

Thea, Lance, both Canaries, Dig, Dog, and Curtis - can't see any of these dying. Felicity dying would be the ultimate "gently caress you" from Chase, but probably didn't happen. The internet reaction would be fantastic though.

Merlyn died on paper, but, I don't buy it. He may be gone for a season though.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't Richard Dragon a good guy? Also, does this mean Vic Sage?

I just occurred to me how much the "totally serious" cast of Arrow would HATE the Question. Around the third question pun, I can imagine Lance and Thea just walking out of the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It's true that many of the versions of the Question are great, but I think the JLU version was probably the best. It could work really well mixed in with the TV news anchor version, I think. Just so long as he's insufferable.

• Locked thread