Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Duncan Doenitz posted:

Do any real world US cities canonically exist in the DCU? Just curious because it seems like all the fictional ones are stand ins for real ones, like Central City is St Louis, Star City is San Francisco, etc.

All of the real world cities exist in addition to their counterparts, which means logically the US should have a population of like 450 million to sustain all those additional urban centers. The east coast alone would be like a budding Mega-City One by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I was perfectly happy having forgotten all that nuke bullshit and I assumed the apartment was just set reuse until now, thanks jerks!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Prometheus is a time remnant of Sarah Diggle from the deleted pastfuture.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

All of the above thrown into a blender and poured into the Lazarus Pit with an extra helping of the special healing herbs

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Obviously it's a game involving steps.

I got it! They're playing hopscotch!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The crisp citrus taste of the Lime Arrow will bring a refreshing burst of juicy justice to this city.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I used SG1 as an example because I want to see them shoot some insanely exaggerated action sequences and have the witness be like "AND THEN HE SHOT 40 ARROWS AND IT STOPPED THE TRUCK DEAD " and poo poo like that.

The Rashomon episode of Batman TAS was pretty great for this too. (Not "Legends of the Dark Knight", this one.)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vince McMahon, you have FAILED THIS PAY-PER-VIEW!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I bet the door will be closed pretty conclusively, though.

(I think Dolph's character will become Arrow's version of the KGBeast and they'll have a showdown pretty similar to the classic one above, where Batman kinda takes a moment and realizes "not every fight has to be a grandiose battle of wills and grit, just gently caress off rear end in a top hat" and locks the guy in a sewer chamber.)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Wait did Batman leave KGBeast in a sewer to starve to death?

They later retconned it that Batman called the cops to pick him up but yeah, as written he absolutely left him to die. KGBeast had successfully killed seven high-ranking US targets up to this point on an unauthorized mission, and Batman had just barely stopped him from assassinating then-President Reagan. A government spook previously told Batman that if KGBeast was captured he'd be extradited back to the Soviet Union and probably get off lightly instead of facing American justice, so this problem was outside Batman's usual context.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Hey man, I think he meant the geopolitical context.

Yes that would be the one.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bruceski posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PeskyGratefulKarakul.webm feels like someone missed a choreography cue, the way he just flips like that. Bound to happen in big scene like this, just a shame it was center-stage.

It looks like he tripped on the second guy Diggle took out :lol:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Pfft, 'Task Force Rome', let's call it like it is. We're a drat Spartacus Squad."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I don't want Slade on Legends. I'd like to see CW get creative and do a summer time mini series. Maybe start with 'stroke and do a new character every summer.

This would be pretty cool, I'd also accept Deathstroke's Suicide Squad of Penance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The reddit-level movie opinions are one thing (actually no they're not but you all have sheer volume and echo chamber on your side right now) but taking absurd unsubstantiated rumors as gospel is just... stick to television, TVIV, jesus.

• Locked thread