Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
That's one way to solve the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

loving HELL Adrian.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Don't bother stopping that car, officers.

Would have ruined that American Psycho as gently caress scene with him driving off. Probably worth it not to pull him over, because god drat. That final minute or so really cemented just how absolutely hosed up he is.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Could do what several goons have suggested and shut down "Arrow" and reboot as "Arrow and the Outsiders" as a more heavily ensemble show now that the flashback framework is done with.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

X-O posted:

Or they could just rotate flashbacks for the other characters. I wouldn't mind getting some more stories centered on the rest of the cast.

Oh yeah, there'd be nothing stopping character-centric flashback stuff from continuing. I just know a lot of goons have suggested that the increased cast and team this year was moving things towards something in the comics where the Arrow basically has his own team called the Outsiders, or something like that. Rebranding the show to better show that state and that it shifted away from the specific framework of Ollie and his 5 years, as told in flashbacks, would make some sense.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well yeah, but this Arrow is really blatant about being Batman with the serial numbers filed off.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Guys! Guys! Next season should have...flashforwards! And then Season 7 should have...flashsideways! This is a totally original idea don't steal thanks.

Also, imagining Batman saying "I've had enough of your two-bit Justice League!" In everything from a Conroy voice to a Bale voice might be the funniest thing I've encountered in a while and totally made my day!

I'm pretty much thinking of the Auralnauts version, complete with Mortal Kombat music playing at stupidly high volume and bass while he yells it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Once you've found out Malcolm Merlyn's your biological father, you can handle just about anything.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Master assassin with magic powers that took a half-season, three special guest stars, and a city-wide uprising for Ollie and the gang to defeat? Just have drunk-rear end Mick Rory hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher or whatever.

Who writes this crap, anyways?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

GLOSS posted:

It's so obviously not Manu in the suit with him doing voiceovers it's painful...

To be fair he's doing another show, so it's not surprising they'd cut down his time to bare minimums to make sure the timing works out.

He even used doing another show as part of his proof that he totally wasn't doing the season finale.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Well this would explain why Malcolm isn't going to be around next season.

Unless we see a body there's no reason to think he's actually dead. He'll just get a shiny silver boot and look guys, a prosthetic leg.

No way in hell Slade betrays him too. It has to be a trick to get them right to the head of the snake.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Welp, there goes Adrian.

Also bets on them hiding in the prison hole to escape the high explosives? Man, Flash and Arrow both had to leave off on poo poo cliffhangers this year, didn't they?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

This was much more organic to the story they were telling than Flash

True. It's still an awkward, janky forced cliffhanger though when anyone with half a brain watching knows they're not going to kill off the entire supporting cast like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Ville Valo posted:

So Roy really did get cut, huh?

He's doing sick flips in heaven now.

• Locked thread