Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
What's the deal with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
A lovely K:D will do that to you.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

vibeo games?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
It's the lack of sex

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
are they? last thing i remember reading about gamers is that they're oddly more socially outgoing than the general population. maybe its just a stereotyping thing.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Sublimation of the personal disappointment and despair at the knowledge that they could have mastered a skill that is profitable and enriching instead of the thousands of hours they spent being entertained by what amounts to a virtual set of colorful, jangling baby keys

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJfLKtGlfw

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

cuck cuck im gay posted:

It's the lack of sex

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
clearly you've never experienced the frustration of trying to shave off 0.1 second off your speedrun of a 25 year old game, and falling just short of your goal.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
High adrenaline combined with poor impulse control, a lack of social skills, and a predisposition to being on the autism spectrum

Also self-described "gamers" are more likely to be poor minorities so pat yourself on the back for pushing another racial stereotype, jerk

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
lack of attention span coupled with poor impulse control

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

MOM KEEPS COMING IN THE ROOM WHEN I AM ON THE MIC! I AM TRYING TO GAME MOM!!!

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
A lifetime of playing video games, they just want to feel feelings again.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
NOOOBS ! :gitgud:

Playing online games will make me less angry from Monday when kids go to school again.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't gotten angry over video games since I was 8

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
loneliess, anger, inferiority complex, obesity, thumb gigantism

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

quote:

I haven't gotten angry over video games since Star Wars: Tie Fighter

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Hogge sounds like he's bad at video games

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Video games are ruining this fine country, smdh.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I play counterstrike and if there was a button that would kill every cs:go player including myself I would make a machine to hit it a thousand times just to make sure

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hogge Wild posted:

What's the deal with it?

Anyone who identifies themselves as a gamer is retarded

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't play video games, but tbh I could learn if people will pay to watch me play, which seems to be what is happening in the world right now. :confused:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
salt content

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i had a roommate that was a huge gamer, he would constantly click his mouse. he said he was trying to increase his "actions per minute". can any goon gamer confirm that this is actually a thing?

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
video games are for children OP

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

plain blue jacket posted:

Hogge sounds like he's bad at video games

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Is PS5 really gonna look that much better than PS4? Like, serious question: are we approaching a point where resolution will surpass our eye's ability to resolve detail, so that game engines effectively can't really look any better? I mean you can find novel ways to render smoke effects and poo poo I guess but really PS4 already doesn't look that much different than PS3 games to me!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the last game i played was far cry and i spent half the time laughing at its hot tits. might i recommed the silent french monstastic documetnary into great silencece instead? u fetus?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

b-minus1 posted:

i had a roommate that was a huge gamer, he would constantly click his mouse. he said he was trying to increase his "actions per minute". can any goon gamer confirm that this is actually a thing?

It is a thing. It's called getting good.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Because the ethics are all screwed up.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the last game I played was cry irl

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

b-minus1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXMBKJRg_aY

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Hogge Wild posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Mods??

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
If you think you're getting mvp online by being a passive yogi motherfucker you are sorely mistaken

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

Anyone who identifies themselves as a gamer is retarded

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hogge Wild posted:

What's the deal with it?

Just played CS Go where a girl spoke in chat. Young teenage kid focuses on her and never stops harping.

Also this:

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

If you think you're getting mvp online by being a passive yogi motherfucker you are sorely mistaken

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm not sure dota players count as gamers, or human beings.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

b-minus1 posted:

It's sperglords trying to rile themselves up into some sort of Nerd Frenzy, like berserkers taking hallucinogens and cutting themselves and poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Why the gently caress would you ask that, OP????? I will break into your house and kill you're pets!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Because they have led lives of leisure at the expense of others and have never learned the true meaning of suffering so when they can't beat,the latest sonic level they throw a hiss fit

• Locked thread