Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Applewhite posted:

Why the gently caress would you ask that, OP????? I will break into your house and kill you're pets!!!!

I'll break your stylus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Collective unconscious memories of that time mom made you turn the game off and go even though you were only 5 minutes away from beating the level it's only 5 minutes cmon now you have to do the whole thing over, goddddddddd thanks a lot mom

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Because of a lack of meaningful activities in their lives, op. They know they're wasting their heartbeats but they lack the bonesty to admit this.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

opus111 posted:

Because of a lack of meaningful activities in their lives, op. They know they're wasting their heartbeats but they lack the bonesty to admit this.

Counterpoint: games are loving awesome

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You choose to live one life, I choose to live many :smug:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

opus111 posted:

Bonesty is when you are honest about your bones and boners and I don't see how that applies here

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Gamers exhibit greater than normal predisposition to boneitis.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
good question op

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

corn in the bible posted:

good question op

130h?!? oh my

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm like half a year behind everyone else but xcom 2 is pretty great.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
130 hours??? Jesus Christ!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Seriouspost tho: the radiation from years of videogames has shriveled their dicks.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
one of my lifelong bffs used to cry over games (and occasionally throw controllers and poo poo, but not mine because they knew their would be major consequences for doing that at my house) fairly often when we were kids and it was always awkward as gently caress having to console them over getting beaten in Wrestlemania 2k on N64, otherwise they were fairly normal...in hindsight i think it was due to them having a lot of stress and frustrations due to Jewish parental pressure to excel in school in addition to not ever being allowed to own their own video game console because it was considered mind rotting so they had to come to my place for their fix. flash forward to 2k16 and said friend has an Ivy League Ph.D and prefers to play Settlers and other tabletop games over PC/video games because they are just as burnt out on modern gaming as i am

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's the ennui of thr grind between the last level up and the next lvl up

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

natural born losers tend to be angry all the time

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Blahsmack posted:

Is that why goons are angry?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i like video games and i'm a big angry man hooga hooga hooga angry man sounds coming at ya be careful i might snipe you with my twitch whack shots

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
my fav is when people get mad at overwatch like a spoiled 8 year old child except they're on voice coms and they sound like adults. overwatch especially cause its a chill game with many people who just want to have fun

"cmon you guys someone else switch out from hanzo"

"what the gently caress don't you guys understand the meta? we need less snipers"

"come on retard i have like 10k damage cmon you switch"

"loving idiots you cant even work together in a game about loving teamwork GET GOOD"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i have 2305 hours too many in tf2

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I don't play video games very often because I'm easily bored, but I definitely get insanely pissed off by the my player mode in nba 2k15. It's the only game that makes me feel emotions and they are almost exclusively the emotion where I scream HORSESHIT because the coach takes me out in the last three minutes of a tied game when I am obviously the only talented player on the goddamn Timberwolves and have had at least a double double in every game of the season. Ugh it's so frustrating. I love it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
because Fable sucked, OP

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Putty posted:

i have 2305 hours too many in tf2

ya same but life

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Youtube gamers grew up watching Dane Cook and thinking that being loud and frentic is a good substitute for being funny so they make videos where they scream and yell about video games and make more money than any of us

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
remember the TF2 update that rewuired you to stay still in am epty room for hours on end to get items

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I dunno why are sports fans so angry all the time? Seriously my roommates are always watching football and screaming and cursing at the screen and it's like wtf its just a game

Considering the countless number of incidents of violence and riots committed by sports fans over stupid numbers I'm starting to question the toxic influence- hey wait where are you going

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

je1 healthcare posted:

I dunno why are sports fans so angry all the time? Seriously my roommates are always watching football and screaming and cursing at the screen and it's like wtf its just a game

Considering the countless number of incidents of violence and riots committed by sports fans over stupid numbers I'm starting to question the toxic influence- hey wait where are you going

idk but in Europe professional sporting leagues originated as a way to divert nationalistic jingoistic crazy people at something relatively harmless. All the British soccer hooligans today were the people in the streets rioting about wanting to go to war with France again 200-300 years ago.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
video games are fun :)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Peebla posted:

I don't play video games very often because I'm easily bored, but I definitely get insanely pissed off by the my player mode in nba 2k15. It's the only game that makes me feel emotions and they are almost exclusively the emotion where I scream HORSESHIT because the coach takes me out in the last three minutes of a tied game when I am obviously the only talented player on the goddamn Timberwolves and have had at least a double double in every game of the season. Ugh it's so frustrating. I love it.

:same:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
This will explain everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRJzErnRmY

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

nigga crab pollock posted:

my fav is when people get mad at overwatch like a spoiled 8 year old child except they're on voice coms and they sound like adults. overwatch especially cause its a chill game with many people who just want to have fun

"what the gently caress don't you guys understand the meta? we need less snipers"

"loving idiots you cant even work together in a game about loving teamwork GET GOOD"

Sometimes if I had a lovely day I'll do this, but with way more swearing. I try to hit on anything that will make someone upset, and then go full throttle, passing my bad day onto them. I usually feel way better after.

Nothing can ever compare to highperching though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

please just be less bad at overwatch :smug:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I get lots of angry messages from overwatch people after ranked games because I pick Torb on lijiang tower and apparently that makes me a torb trash cheeser human being

Anyways games are good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mariana Horchata posted:

one of my lifelong bffs used to cry over games (and occasionally throw controllers and poo poo, but not mine because they knew their would be major consequences for doing that at my house) fairly often when we were kids and it was always awkward as gently caress having to console them over getting beaten in Wrestlemania 2k on N64, otherwise they were fairly normal...in hindsight i think it was due to them having a lot of stress and frustrations due to Jewish parental pressure to excel in school in addition to not ever being allowed to own their own video game console because it was considered mind rotting so they had to come to my place for their fix. flash forward to 2k16 and said friend has an Ivy League Ph.D and prefers to play Settlers and other tabletop games over PC/video games because they are just as burnt out on modern gaming as i am

Settlers is a baby board game for losers. real board gamers play competitive Agricola :getin:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Volume posted:

I haven't gotten angry over video games since I was 8

Same but only when playing, trying to get a heavily modded STALKER install to run had me cussing and shouting like an angry child.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If you get salty at your own teammates in a team based game you are going to lose

Especially if I'm in the game with you because I will completely throw the game if you act like a little bitch

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dear Richard,

Video Games are serious business.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fried Watermelon posted:

Especially if I'm in the game with you because I will completely throw the game if you act like a little bitch

same

it's way more amusing to me to watch someone melt down than to win the game

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Because the ethics are all screwed up.

opus111 posted:

Blahsmack posted:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
just watch this whole video and marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_HEI8ZfDbM

• Locked thread