Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Quote-Unquote posted:

It was great in one of the FIFA games on 360 where if you had a kinect plugged in it would listen to you and if you started swearing when you got a yellow card the ref would change it to a red for swearing at him (like in real life). that's probably the best and only good use of the kinect ever.

Really? That is one of the funniest things I've read this week.

Up there with the goon who's ex would masterbate with his food secretly before serving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

CharlestonJew posted:

Dishonored 2 looks cool

I just finished the first one a week ago, can't wait for this one

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
if anyone wants a happy person to play videogames with hit me up, tired of all this negativity in my toy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ArtIsResistance posted:

if anyone wants a happy person to play videogames with hit me up, tired of all this negativity in my toy

I'll trade you a lvl 26 Mankey if you have a Porygon

E: you're gonna have to bring your trading cable, I lost mine.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Really? That is one of the funniest things I've read this week.

Yeah at first we thought it was just coincidence, but then we noticed that the commentators in the game would say things like "And we can hear the manager cursing up a blue streak over there!" every time he started swearing. Then one time the card got changed from yellow to red because he yelled "Go gently caress yourself ref that wasn't a loving foul". So we put it to the test and just started randomly swearing to see if it responded or we were just imagining it, and it did every time. Looked it up online and it was confirmed as being a real, undocumented feature.

edit: http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/games/stories/1331771154501/fifa-16-5-of-the-worst-habits-to-fix-in-2016
lol, turns out you can also get sacked from career mode for swearing at the ref too much. Every sports game should have this imo.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I had to have a discussion about anger management options because of NFL Blitz 2000

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah at first we thought it was just coincidence, but then we noticed that the commentators in the game would say things like "And we can hear the manager cursing up a blue streak over there!" every time he started swearing. Then one time the card got changed from yellow to red because he yelled "Go gently caress yourself ref that wasn't a loving foul". So we put it to the test and just started randomly swearing to see if it responded or we were just imagining it, and it did every time. Looked it up online and it was confirmed as being a real, undocumented feature.

edit: http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/games/stories/1331771154501/fifa-16-5-of-the-worst-habits-to-fix-in-2016
lol, turns out you can also get sacked from career mode for swearing at the ref too much. Every sports game should have this imo.

Are you kidding me, do not take away my ability to have tantrums in my house, you can't have that you robots!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I was playing Smash Bros with a guy one time and he tossed his controller at a wall after me and another guy ganged up on him in a free for all

dude had some anger issues, he was constantly red faced from getting mad about the smallest poo poo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

notZaar posted:

Are you kidding me, do not take away my ability to have tantrums in my house, you can't have that you robots!

I unironically think it is the best thing in video games and if more games punished you for being such a giant pissbitch then maybe fewer gamers would be giant pissbitches

gently caress YOU DARK SOULS gently caress THIS STUPID CHEATING loving GAME
*system erases save files*

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
You must take your anger at those who inflicted this pain on you. The game developers ! You can already imagine them sniggering as they design a very frustrating level or area with the full knowledge that the suffering it's about to inflict will somehow lessen the suffering they feel every day for choosing that profession. So you're doing them a kindness really

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Quote-Unquote posted:

I unironically think it is the best thing in video games and if more games punished you for being such a giant pissbitch then maybe fewer gamers would be giant pissbitches

gently caress YOU DARK SOULS gently caress THIS STUPID CHEATING loving GAME
*system erases save files*

Why does it matter if somebody gets mad at a single player game.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

the soccer thing, for immersion

the dark souls thing, to teach gamer kids not to be ragers

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Because they're sexist dudebros that hate and rape women

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Keg posted:

Pretending to be angry at video games is profitable on YouTube because mental retards think anger is funny.

I hope it's nearly all kids who think watching a grownup acting whacky is funny.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Berious posted:

I hope it's nearly all kids who think watching a grownup acting whacky is funny.

I think adults acting like children is funny, like when they fist fight the peewee soccer ref.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Al Cowens posted:

Because they're sexist dudebros that hate and rape women

Im glad someone had the balls to say it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

notZaar posted:

I think society would be better if adults were a little more adjusted so that they didn't have temper tantrums over children's toys

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Gamers devote all their time towards games, so the only thing they think they're good at its playing games. When they lose, especially if they think it's outside their control, they meltdown because it's accepting they're not really skilled at anything in particular.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
No no, the real anger comes from rubberband AI that can't handle being smashed so thoroughly it has to cheat to match my skills

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Mario Kart is the only time I ever hear my SO say "gently caress" that doesn't involve actual loving

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

down n out posted:

rubberband AI

games with this, or the similar 'AI just magically gets faster builder times and more resources' are some bullshit

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

Anyone who identifies themselves as a gamer is retarded

im a gamer

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Quote-Unquote posted:

I think society would be better if adults were a little more adjusted so that they didn't have temper tantrums over children's toys

So your idea of accomplishing that is to make them more mad?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

nigga crab pollock posted:

you did it smythe you found the worst picture on the internet

I took that screenshot myself :smugbird:

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

in that game you can play as a Korean pro gamer girl who drives a mech, and one of the unlockables is her sitting down playing video games while eating doritos and mountain dew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLc0ZYeDLLI

it's the pinnacle of achievement for the game industry on several axes

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I think tf2 has a great style and I like the cartoony look, so why is it everything I see about Overwatch is so repulsive to me? What's the big difference

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

I think tf2 has a great style and I like the cartoony look, so why is it everything I see about Overwatch is so repulsive to me? What's the big difference

TF2 had a consistent design theme, they all look like army/mercenary type dudes. In Overwatch they just threw in whatever the designers thought looked cool.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Internaut! posted:

in that game you can play as a Korean pro gamer girl who drives a mech, and one of the unlockables is her sitting down playing video games while eating doritos and mountain dew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLc0ZYeDLLI

it's the pinnacle of achievement for the game industry on several axes
Overwatch is poo poo but I appreciate the gremlin d.va meme

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Anime,

The answer is most assuredly anime

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

tf2 was a really beautiful game when it was new and now it might actually be the single most offensively ugly thing I've ever seen

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it was ugly on release, too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the realization that they have wasted their lives is always just below the surface, waiting. so, whenever things don't go their way they bluster and shout and just generally try to distract themselves from reality.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

Doctor J Off posted:

Sublimation of the personal disappointment and despair at the knowledge that they could have mastered a skill that is profitable and enriching instead of the thousands of hours they spent being entertained by what amounts to a virtual set of colorful, jangling baby keys

and then seeing that their skills can in fact be profitable, but only if you're a (relatively) good looking guy like pewdiepie. the social laws of high school apply even in their sanctuary.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
they are angry all the time because they hate that they can't control everything with sick combos via pressing buttons

beep boop

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

mdm posted:

they are angry all the time because they hate that they can't control everything with sick combos via pressing buttons

beep boop

speaking of, i wonder what the overlap of gamers and puas looks like

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Because RPG romance rules don't work in real life *sigh :(

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
One time I was playing rocket league and one of my teammates sucked worse than I did. I was like "whatever" cause its a video game who cares if I lose.

Our third teammate cared. He cared a lot. He started cutting out the other dude and ranting at him. Eventually he went the "kill yourself" angle.

I didn't think that was chill. So I reported him and started playing for the other team. First goal I scored on us he started cussing and ranting at me. By the second goal he realized I was doing it on purpose and rage quit.

He sent me an angry psn message. I asked him if he's ever contacted a mental health professional about how emotionally invested he gets in video games. He didn't respond back.

I can only assume I opened up his eyes as he's living a better life now.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Look at this fuckin kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toSB4ruFehg

Back in the day playing starcraft 1 I used to back stab my team mates just to get them riled up and angry and I can only hope that any of them got as upset about it about as this idiot.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Volume posted:

One time I was playing rocket league and one of my teammates sucked worse than I did. I was like "whatever" cause its a video game who cares if I lose.

Our third teammate cared. He cared a lot. He started cutting out the other dude and ranting at him. Eventually he went the "kill yourself" angle.

I didn't think that was chill. So I reported him and started playing for the other team. First goal I scored on us he started cussing and ranting at me. By the second goal he realized I was doing it on purpose and rage quit.

He sent me an angry psn message. I asked him if he's ever contacted a mental health professional about how emotionally invested he gets in video games. He didn't respond back.

I can only assume I opened up his eyes as he's living a better life now.

Doing the good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

because they keep paying money for buggy pieces of poo poo and try to justify it with buyer's remorse, but deep in their hearts they know a lot of video games these days suck

• Locked thread