Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Hey op I see what u did with that avatar.

I'm also exmormon but quit during college. Could you please sperg about patriarchal blessings? I got my recommend but never followed through.

The best thing I wish my kids could experiences is Girls Camp. Idk maybe they will, if they stay at grandma's house during summer break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Mormon wedding reception in the multi-purpose hall.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Once my dad accidentally drank some iced tea because he thought it was apple juice :kingsley:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

They spent two years of their lives selling the gospel for free. Those amazing business opportunities are perfect for a go-getter like me who already knows all about cold recruitment! My wife can help while we're still getting started. A stay-at-home mom can earn money online while her kids are at school! Just ask the sisters from Boy Scouts after making craft kits at your house for Scout Camp. Maybe the piano teacher would like it too, I saw her drink orange juice once!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Do you think soda and other extreme modern empty calories will ever get added to the Word of Wisdom? It bothers me that my parents chug juice and ice cream but won't touch simple green tea.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The LDS church asks gays to be loveless and celibate or gtfo. Sham marriages are don't ask don't tell.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Not directly but they have firm policies against Saints, crosses and ornate decorations in chapels, paid clergy, unmarried leaders, wine, and most of the stuff that gives Catholicism its flavor.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Crazier but also chiller Mormons. Why the heck not!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

How can the Celestial Kingdom be the best heaven if neither of my Dad's kids are there with him? :smuggo:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Not spending money (or working) on Sundays is a nice family policy but it's terrible while traveling and you either have a sandwich in a cooler from yesterday or feel guilty buying a minimal dinner at a restaurant.

And bringing church clothes to attend the local ward. My parents are coming next month and they'll probably tell the missionaries all about me. Again :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

You can check stats by country.
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/facts-and-statistics/country/israel

Those are official numbers, including inactive members. The internet estimates less/inactive members are around 50% in the US, 60% in Europe/Africa and 75% in Asia/South America.

• Locked thread