Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
I dated a Mormon girl for a while, and she was great in every respect except for her fanatic mormon-ness (which wound up the cause for our breakup, which I still regret), so I gave the religion a fair shot. But holy poo poo the Mormon bible was loving horrifying. Check out this poo poo from Nephi 1-4.

For those of you who haven't clicked the link the story is:
NEPHI: Gee, my brother is rich and successful, huh? Too bad he thinks my new religion is bullshit.
GOD: GO TO HIS HOUSE.
NEPHI: Sure! *Arrives* Oh, gee, Laban's passed out drunk.
GOD: YOU SHOULD MURDER HIM
NEPHI: Wait, what? No! He's my brother!
GOD: KILL HIM. TRUST ME. IT'S COOL.
NEPHI: But what about that whole thou-shalt-not-kill poo poo? Those are your rules!
GOD: BETTER ONE MAN DIE THAN A NATION, AMMIRIGHT?
NEPHI: Good point *brutally murders his own unconscious brother*
GOD: MAKE SURE TO STEAL HIS GOLD.

And it just goes on like that. God commands Nephi to do hosed up atrocities and he does them without thinking. He gets everyone together and he leads them on a death march across Europe. When the people eventually are like 'gently caress this, this is weird, let's get out of here' God withers their limbs

By the end of it I was like, 'are you sure that was God speaking to you and not that other guy?'

I've always wondered what the gently caress actual Mormons think of that story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

im confused how someone can give a religion "a fair shot" without actually talking to its practitioners about questions they have. then again the posts in this thread so far have me thinking we could be going down in flames pretty quickly here

I did! The answers were vague and unsatisfying and I'm wondering if it was just this weird missionary family or Mormons more generally.

• Locked thread