Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

berenzen posted:

New runner card is absolutely bonkers

neutral?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Shaper

E: it wouldn't be so bad if it was 1/turn. But at 1/run it'so completely bonkers

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 18, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It certainly screams "Dai V support card" to me.

I love how flippant that last line is.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Used for anything, like... More stealth credit needs???

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
You could probably use them to pop SMCs in a pinch.

E: or Psi-games.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 19, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Smoke is gonna be a goddamn monster with that thing, geez.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

The Deleter posted:

It doesn't make poor amounts of money nor is it bad. Definitely not Weyland.
This is hard to argue with

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Smoke is gonna be a goddamn monster with that thing, geez.

Yep, it's massive. It *is* unique, and is going to push even more runners into resource-heavy decks, which has its own issues. But it's still an immense card.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

ninjaiguana posted:

Yep, it's massive. It *is* unique, and is going to push even more runners into resource-heavy decks, which has its own issues. But it's still an immense card.

The biggest thing is the ability to draw up to 4 cards in mid game to accelerate to the late game.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 19, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
New FAQ - biggest change is errata to assert Queen's Gambit's play cost as zero (probably to rectify the misprint from the World Champion deck), altering Builder of Nations to trigger after the first encounter ends to prevent bypass effects turning it off, and clarification of click-gain effects to make Raman Rai work properly and such.

Get it here.

It's an excuse for me to make some cool Alt Art cards for BoN with the correct text, I guess?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Also clarifies the Salsette Slums + MVT + CtM stuff that's been a huge debate.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

They also explicitly spelled out stuff like "open," "derived," and "hidden" information. The biggest takeaway is that it seems like you need to truthfully answer questions like "which server has the psychic field I accessed 5 turns ago." You can also use "revealed" tokens like in the original netrunner if you want, which I will probably start doing because I have the memory of a goldfish.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 20, 2016

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I have mixed feelings about being required to answer questions like that if the information is still technically hidden, but I suppose it does help alleviate some fatigue from playing in long tournaments.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I have mixed feelings about being required to answer questions like that if the information is still technically hidden, but I suppose it does help alleviate some fatigue from playing in long tournaments.

Honestly, the game is worse off if it's based on "what server was that psychic field that I ran 20 minutes ago again? The one he just overwrote, or the one right beside it"

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

berenzen posted:

Honestly, the game is worse off if it's based on "what server was that psychic field that I ran 20 minutes ago again? The one he just overwrote, or the one right beside it"
Agreed. I really hate the "no note-taking" rule, it's super dumb and honestly a little ableist

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

berenzen posted:

I agree - the rules say bluffing is allowed, they don't say Netrunner should turn into a game of 'Find the Lady'.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
"If a card is temporarily
revealed, it is derived information for as long as the player(s) is
able to uniquely identify that card."

This seems to say to me that if the runner forgets which card was Psychic Field then you aren't obliged to remind him?

Also am I right in thinking that the BoN Errata means that an advanced Ice Wall won't sting the runner anymore? According to the timing diagram at the end of the FAQ, there is no "encounter end" trigger if an ETR occurs.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The texts reads "You are no longer encountering this ICE'" so by definition the encounter should end at the same time as the run, but writing consistent rules is really haaaaard guys :smith:

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

AgentF posted:

Also am I right in thinking that the BoN Errata means that an advanced Ice Wall won't sting the runner anymore? According to the timing diagram at the end of the FAQ, there is no "encounter end" trigger if an ETR occurs.

An encounter still ends, which is the trigger for the damage.

Like, the encounter still ends when an ETR fires, and it's still considered an unsuccessful run.

Bonus: if an advanced komainu fires, the runner is flatlined by the meat damage.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

The Deleter posted:

The texts reads "You are no longer encountering this ICE'" so by definition the encounter should end at the same time as the run, but writing consistent rules is really haaaaard guys :smith:

I think "by definition" isn't the right term here. Since this game has consistently shown that the wording is very important, I'd say that it is meaningful that it explicitly states that the "encounter ends" when you pass an ICE, but avoids stating this if you ETR, opting instead for the softer "you are no longer encountering this ICE". This reads the same as Film Critic's "the agenda is no longer being accessed". It states the cessation of an activity but doesn't go out of its way to say that the "encounter ends" like the other path does. The unsuccessful run also supports this since the timing diagram goes out of its way to explicitly state that the run is unsuccessful.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Gave Monitor a read. It's a fun little story, definitely worth checking out.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

AgentF posted:

"If a card is temporarily
revealed, it is derived information for as long as the player(s) is
able to uniquely identify that card."

This seems to say to me that if the runner forgets which card was Psychic Field then you aren't obliged to remind him?

You also can't lie to the runner if they ask. I assume "I don't remember" is always a legal answer to "was this the shock I ran into earlier," but IMO trying to angle-shoot like that is a pretty lovely way to play this game.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Static Equilibrium posted:

You also can't lie to the runner if they ask. I assume "I don't remember" is always a legal answer to "was this the shock I ran into earlier," but IMO trying to angle-shoot like that is a pretty lovely way to play this game.

Does NetRunner's floor rules include penalties for Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Doing something like in Magic with Morph creatures would be a certain Unsportsmanlike Major and possible DQ/No Prize for cheating.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Does NetRunner's floor rules include penalties for Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Doing something like in Magic with Morph creatures would be a certain Unsportsmanlike Major and possible DQ/No Prize for cheating.

It falls under illegal game-state, and is a game loss under tournament rules. But yes, there is unsportsmanlike conduct. Floor rules are here

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Random side question: is jinteki playable on mobile browsers or does it break in horrible ways?

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/20/quorum/

Quorum is the 6th pack in the Flashpoint Cycle

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

Random side question: is jinteki playable on mobile browsers or does it break in horrible ways?

I wouldn't try it, but there are some guides out there on making it work. Out of the box, though,it's pretty bad

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Is there a bad card that Smoke has shown up on/been related to? I feel like the worst is Dai V, and even that isn't like, actively awful, and otherwise it's just straight good stuff.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is there a bad card that Smoke has shown up on/been related to? I feel like the worst is Dai V, and even that isn't like, actively awful, and otherwise it's just straight good stuff.

I've never heard of anyone playing LLDS Energy Regulator

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, Smoke has amazing cards in this cycle, and Quorum is no exception. Corps get here...NASX, which is ok I guess, a How I Met Your Mother joke, and a Terminal operation which seems kind of bad. I mean, this thing gets a trash cost but HHN doesn't? What's the logic?

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

Daily Casts maybe? But even that is just conditional, not outright bad.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

NASX is a must trash. 3 PADs +this. Turn start 6 power counters. Hedge for 2 and 2 counters to 8, Hedge for 2 + 2 counters to 10, click and trash for 20 credits, net 24 credits in a turn.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
It is shameful that a company in MN didn't call it PURPLE level clearance and not this violet poo poo.

Stinson is close to being busted.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

berenzen posted:

NASX is a must trash. 3 PADs +this. Turn start 6 power counters. Money card to 8, money card to 10, click and trash for 20 credits for investment of 10.

Yeah, but if you've got 3 PADs on the go and they've not been trashed you're way ahead of the game already. It's rare I see more than 1 PAD up at a time unless the runner's economy is stalled out. Feels like a 'win more' card.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

sonatinas posted:

Well they've got to do something to get Weyland back on the map... v:shobon:v

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Yithian posted:

Well they've got to do something to get Weyland back on the map... v:shobon:v

Rumor Mill says hi.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Stinson's weird plastic face creeps me out. His ability feels way too conditional. In what world are runners on less than 6 credits now?

So who's going to play Peace in Our Time? I guess if it's literally just a set-up turn with no runs or you got taxed out and can't contest a scoring window?

They are pushing the gently caress out of Smoke.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Stinson feels really conditional but "Click: gain 15 credits" is pretty loving huge

e: holy poo poo Encore

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

sonatinas posted:

Do note that it's only Transaction operations, so oh no, you get to use Hedge Fund a few more times. Whoop dee doo. You're using Hedge Fund, but you have to play Weyland. That's not even a fair trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Do note that it's only Transaction operations, so oh no, you get to use Hedge Fund a few more times. Whoop dee doo. You're using Hedge Fund, but you have to play Weyland. That's not even a fair trade.

Except it's a hedge fund for 0. Or a restructure for 0.

And he's an upgrade. Grndl, turn one hedge Stinson, Hedge for like 20 credits turn one

berenzen fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 20, 2016

• Locked thread