Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Resources Effortpost:

NetRunner Twitterati

http://stimhack.com/ amazing site for competitive NetRunner

NetRunner Podcasts, Goon-Approved:

ANR Black Hats (video)
TeamWork Cast (video)

NetRunner Podcasts, quality unknown:

The Winning Agenda
CorpDraw
Terminal 7
Fetal AI
The Source
Run Last Click
Team Covenant (video)
Bad Publicity (Google Play)
Code Marvelous (video)
Hidden Assets (video)

I can vouch that Run Last Click is a good, lighthearted podcast that's very fun. Don't expect stunning revolutions about the game, but it was super approachable when I was a new player and they always provide entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

PJOmega posted:

While I'm proud that my decks are in the OP, I'd really suggest changes for using them to teach. Pulling out the Snares and Archer from the Corp side is a good idea, swap them with whatever.

I'd also probably vote for removing those - they teach that bad things can happen, but they can also really easily cause the player to lose the game seemingly randomly and that's a really lovely experience.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I’d probably replace them with SanSan City Grid, to help reinforce the fact that some upgrades are super powerful and need to be addressed. Data Raven to give more meaningful tags, so that the runner’s Crash Space feels more useful and the corp has a more direct way of using Private Security Force. A Beanstalk Royalties to give a little extra economy for the more expensive SanSan and Data Raven. And then finally either a second Data Raven or maybe a Red Herrings.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'd be down, especially with some kind of deck building rules. Maybe write some code to mockup card packs so that drafts or limited formats could be done in some way?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Criminals aren’t allowed to be good anymore, duh.

Khan has potential I feel, but just not in current criminal. Crims just have such garbage breakers, and with 0 link she can’t really easily use the disposable breakers, which are the only real general-use ones criminals have and are the obvious ones to use with her ability that aren’t out of faction. Her breaker works well with her ability, but holy christ is it hot garbage. If crims got one or two great breakers then she’d be way better.

I’d probably say that people might be trying to take too much of an advantage of her ability - maybe instead of trying to make use of it throughout the entire game, it might be better to just make use of it to speed up initial setup? Since each time it triggers is saving 2 clicks’ worth of effort. Sure you could make use of it through the entire game for a lot of benefit, but the hoops you need to jump through to do that might be effort better spent towards just rushing the game super duper early and winning before any corp setup can be done? That's kinda crim's thing anyways.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Zephro posted:

It just seems really weird to give a Criminal ID 12 influence with the current card pool. You have to spend a huge chunk of inf importing breakers - even Killers which are supposed to be your faction speciality. Golden is bad, Faerie is great but you have no recursion, Femme is incredibly expensive. Shrike is probably the best general-purpose Killer out there.

Then because the breakers cost inf it's back-breaking to import more than once of each, but guess what! You have no recursion either, so now you need to import some of that, or else you need to be super-cautious to make sure you never lose one because if you do you're locked out. By the time you've done all that you have almost nothing left.

edit: nm

Don't forget about needing to import R&D multi-access! And card draw!

Basically the only thing criminals don't need to import is economy and a console.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Surprised Nero didn't take off more, since he eliminates almost all of the need for recursion.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

sonatinas posted:

nero doesn't help against batty. And it's once per turn. Leela, Andy, and Gabe get you to 7 a lot better.

Yeah, I forgot about Batty. I feel like Nero and Khan are getting close to having super aggressive from the start criminal runners, but they just fall short. I wonder if they used to be stronger and needed kneecapping?

I've also always thought the method of "criminal breakers being expensive but criminals get more money" is weird. I mean it works in theory, and on paper it also means that they have more money to deal with Corp stuff if they can get in cheap using their non-breaker tools. It just kinda winds up falling apart somewhere along the line

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Static Equilibrium posted:

passing a piece of ice is without hyperbole the least useful time to ever install a program.

I’m trying to think of when you’d want to install an Icebreaker after passing by a piece of ice, and have it be useful for more than purely just saving a click+credit. I can only think of two situations where it’s useful:

Using Inside Job on a server with an unrezzed piece of ice, then a rezzed piece of ice behind it which you don’t have the icebreaker installed for. The corp has to rez the outermost ice, which you pass with Inside Job, then you surprise installed the icebreaker for the rezzed ice.

Running on an unrezzed piece of ice that’s in front of a rezzed piece of ice, the corp will just assume you have the means of breaking the rezzed ice in your hand so they’ll have to pay to stop you from passing the unrezzed ice. Hope it’s not a sentry I guess.

That’s it, I think???

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

To expand on this a little bit more, you have various windows of opportunity to use activated abilities, with the current player getting the first chance, then the other player, then back to the current player, until both players choose to not use abilities. Note that i said use, as in they fully activate and resolve, there is no response. Because of these windows, if you're tagged and want to use your Hades Shard, you have to use it before the Corp's first click. Or maybe the corp doesn't trash it on their first click, you could use it in between their first and second, etc. But as soon as the corp says they're going to pay to trash it, it's toast.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I honestly think that 4/2s and 5/3s are a huge problem with Netrunner’s design. Actually "anything that isn’t a 3/2" might be more accurate. I feel like the game would benefit a lot from having just one type of agenda, with points varying based on their effect - or better yet, just make it “score 4 agendas to win” since that’s basically what the game is now anyways. Having varying advance counts creates varying gameplay in theory, with opportunity for bluffs and traps, but in reality it’s almost always transparent what is and isn’t an agenda. 4 and 5 advancement agendas are just giant pains in the rear end at this point in the game’s life - they don’t feel good to put in your deck, since if they get sniped it’s a huge swing, and they’re almost impossible to actually score out since they require two entire turns of dedication and are extremely obvious.

Obviously this isn’t a change they can just make happen, but I really wish it were possible to do so.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Static Equilibrium posted:

I agree. It's hard to justify running 5/3s outside of TFP and GFI, and 4/2s outside of Nisei, Oaktown, and NAPD (Efficiency Committee is good but you're usually scoring it out of hand so it doesn't count), just because there aren't any other good options (and even then Weyland still sometimes ran a single, effectively blank, 5/3 before GFI was printed as a tutor target to close out games).

However, I think giving deckbuilders a choice to need fewer scores and gaining a couple card slots in exchange for making those scores much harder has lead to a lot of good diversity in deckbuilding and gameplay in Netrunner over its life, and saying that flexibility represents a major design mistake is pretty absurd in my eyes.

Oh, the flexibility in deckbuilding is definitely nice, but I think sacrificing some flexibility for more refined and consistent mechanics might be beneficial. It’s honestly not even so much the score values that i have a problem with so much as the advancement ones - scaling the agenda points off of the ability text feels like it’d make sense to me - more powerful abilities means less agenda points. But maybe then players would just go “gently caress the abilities i want to win faster” and just go for the highest points. So maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about, I dunno. Maybe the answer is just “FFG needs to design stronger 4/2s, 3/1s, and 5/3s"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

There's no way to do it without relaunching the game, but the best idea I heard was just make it four agendas to win and every agenda requires three advancements and just make every agenda have an amazing ability when it is fired

This is exactly what I’ve thought. Make it a set amount of agendas per deck, possibly even being flexible based on ID, and then base the rest of deckbuilding off of that. I feel like maybe upping the min deck sizes by about 10-15 might be a good call too, to give a bit more slots to add in some of the sacrificed deckbuilding flexibility.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

LordNat posted:

The thing I hate about making Corp decks is having to run ICE to not just get rushed but knowing they are more or less dead card slots. I always feel that if I have to play ICE after turn 3 or 4 I have already lost the game, all that seems to matter is getting up those early anti-rush ETR ICE turn 1 and then hope you never draw another ICE for the reset of the game. Only time this changes is if I am facing an ICE killer deck, but even then I am fighting a losing game over ICE at that point.

I am starting to really hope that they don't screw up L5R, I am likely going to jump ship to that day one.

I definitely agree ice is weird, and have been wondering how a theoretical reboot of netrunner could fix the problems it has. Looking at mtg for a comparison, the closest thing is getting an early game creature during the late game - but then one or two mana isn't a huge investment and having an extra creature to block with isn't the end of the world. So even if you get an early game thing during the mid/late game, you still get SOME use out of it. Getting an early game ice in the late game is practically a dead draw, since playing it on a server can actively hurt you - either due to server install costs, or rez costs, or just wasting a precious click.

Probably dumb suggestion for a completely overhauled netrunner: each Corp deck has a sideboard of ice, around 10? Maybe have the number depend on the ID. Anyways, you can search that sideboard to install ice the same way you can normally install ice, just all your ice doesn't take up hand or deck space. Then you'd have much more fine control over positional ice and tempo ice, never worry about getting flooded or starved, and have a bunch more deck slots without increasing variance.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
^^^Honestly, poorly-timed ice can be a pain / dead draw for glacier decks as well. Glacier decks have tons of ice installed, so that means if you draw a piece of ice and want to install + rez it, it’ll be 2~4 credits + click to install, then probably anywhere from 4-8 credits to rez (since anything cheaper probably wouldn’t slow / tax the runner much anyways. Anywhere from 6-12 credits + a click is a massive tempo hit for a corp, regardless of what stage of the game it’s in.

Might be interesting if you still had to have an ICE card in your deck (like Dominion has "Gold" cards) so you could just fetch from the board, but still need to draw (and design your deck around) the same number of slots, but not have positional/non-gearcheck problems. Would probably make Account Siphon *literally* unplayable, but I don't see that as a downside...

I mean, you’d still have to pay credits to rez and install the ice and such, it just wouldn’t be up to random draw whether or not you receive the ice you need. It would obviously make corps much stronger in the early game since they’ll ALWAYS have the right gearcheck, but I feel like that could be designed around easily enough - increase gearcheck rez costs, give some more breaker tutor options, more available Ai breakers, etc. If the runner could keep the corp broke then it wouldn’t matter much if they can install whatever ice they want at will anyways, unless I guess the corp only packed super cheap ice, but then they’d be screwed in the lategame anyways. The specific amount of ice could lead to some interesting things where you know exactly how much you can defend, and have to choose how thinly you’re willing to spread your ice.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 6, 2016

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

berenzen posted:

If you do that, then you can't have sentries, because the whole idea around sentries is that they're pricy to break, and incredibly devestating. If you make it impossible to break 'trash program' subroutines, then congrats you have made a server impenetrable. I would love to always make Ichi fire, or architect , or Brainstorm, or komainu, or basically any sentry in the game.

I like to think the spirit of the post meant more like the Code Gate subs that don't end the run - the ones that do crazy weird fun poo poo.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Speaking of Adam, as a huge fan of his I’m…hesitant in the upcoming Directive. His other three directives are so integral to his playstyle that it’s hard to function without them. You can’t really replace Safety First with it since it’s free draw for the entire game (at the end of turn even!), and Always Be Running just lets you be ridiculously aggressive all the time. I feel like the only option is giving up Neutralize All Threats, but then you’d be giving up your HQ pressure in favor of R&D pressure.

I mean I guess you could build in some draw power, then get rid of Safety First to be able to pressure both R&D and HQ right off the bat, but then you’d need to include some kind of draw engine. You’d probably need to sacrifice R&D multi-access to do so, which means it’ll be almost impossible to fully lock down a corp. I guess just plan to win before that happens?

e: wait, no, Find The Truth only reveals R&D after a successful run. This means you couldn’t just immediately pressure R&D, you’d need to make a run on another server first to even tell if it’d be worth it - which might use up your ABR for the turn. Bluh, not really feeling it unless you’re willing to pay the influence for Security Testing or Patron.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 7, 2016

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
True. This actually brings up a question of rules - since the directives don’t count towards your deck size, are they a “part” of your deck? If, in the middle of a tournament, I want to change the directives I’m using, is that allowed?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Yeah that's how it sounds to me, which is a lot more attractive now that I'm thinking about it a bit more. The flexibility is definitely novel, and could be really useful. On the other hand, Jinteki Biotech never caught on, so WHO KNOWS.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

This Post Sucks posted:

I really don't understand people who are saying that "The minimum deck sizes should be increased" and such. Can someone explain why that is an issue considering there's no maximum?

Basically the idea is that smaller deck size = more consistency = stronger overall deck. If I arbitrarily decide to increase my deck size, then I’m putting myself at a disadvantage compared to everyone who doesn’t. If all deck sizes were raised, then at least everyone would be on even footing.

Why argue for raising minimum deck sizes in the first place? Because deck slots are at an extraordinary premium, and finding 1-6 slots for 1 or 2 useful-but-not-integral utility cards can be difficult. Now, in order to keep decks consistent, if deck sizes were raise you’d also need to include more econ, more ice(breakers), etc, but that would still give an extra utility slot or two.

Alternatively, FFG could start designing more cards that can fulfill multiple roles within a single slot - cards like Jackson Howard,Pop-up Window, and I’ve Had Worse. If a card can do multiple jobs (even if they don’t do those jobs perfectly), it can add a lot of value to the card by means of compressing deck slots. Honestly at the end of the day I think this is the best option for the game, but I’m not totally confident that FFG can design this way very well. At the very least, they don’t seem particularly willing to do so.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Whatever happened to Jesminder anyways? Has anyone done anything with her aside from the obvious Maya interaction? Her ability is surprisingly narrow compared to standard runner design.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

MCA Informant is hilarious. Sure, go ahead, spend 1 click and 2 credits to trash your own connection!

And Keros Mcintyre might actually make Khan and her birds somewhat playable!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
How does Credit Crash interact with Neutralize All Threats, anyways? NAT specifies that you must trash the first card you access by paying its trash cost, but Credit Crash says to trash the first card at no cost. There's no optionality or "may" in either text, so which takes priority? Does the runner choose?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

TheParadigm posted:

What are the best ways to make money for each of the various factions? I'm way out of date but curious

Temujin contract. This applies for all runner factions.

Actual answer: criminals use Temujin, shapers have Beth Kilrain-Chang and all the stealth credits in the universe thanks to Net Mercur, and I'm not super sure on anarchs. But seriously everyone loves Temujin.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Zephro posted:

Wait, no new cards but Chaos Theory instead of Kate? Does that mean no never-before-printed cards, but a new playset of cards in the Core drawn from cards in existing datapacks?

That would make sense, could smooth out some of the balance stuff by removing Kate, Yog, etc from the new core and having the old one rotate out. Then could also include some stuff like Plascrete or maybe even Jackson included in the new core to keep them from rotating. Or maybe rather than a "new" core set they'll just make a best-of pack that won't rotate, and keeps some of the stars of previously rotated cycles? Although that can kind of defeat the point of rotating in the first place.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

StashAugustine posted:

I think the rumor was that only certain IDs have been replaced.

Desperado makes me sad since it's such a good card that does a lot of good things and it's hard to nerf it without changing its role. Maybe make it stock up credits and only pay out over time?

My gut reaction is to just limit it to the first successful run of a turn, but I doubt that would really even nerf it much, since usually you don’t run more than once per turn. I guess you could limit it to only remotes / centrals?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Radish posted:

Yeah looking over those teaching decks the Wayland one versus the criminal seems like you would have to be extremely clear upfront to tell the runner player to never run on unrezzed ice if the corp had any agendas scored and they did not have their switchblade. If that corroder is lost the game is probably over with so many cheap barriers. It's probably a good thing to learn though.

It’s a good thing to learn for someone who’s played five or six games and is interested in learning the game more seriously or actually playing it for any length of time. For someone’s first or second game, it’s a massive red flag and likely to turn them off of the game for good. It’s just not fun to go “oh, well I guess I can’t get into ANY server now…how do I win?” Dying to a snare can be just as bad, because then it’s “Wait, I thought I was supposed to search for agendas, now I’m dead?”

I’ve had something like this happen to a player I was teaching, except almost in reverse. I whiffed an ABT bad, dumping four agenda points into archives. He ran archives, and went from having one 3-point agenda scored to instantly winning, making the victory fall super flat. He was just like “The game’s over now and I won, I guess?" Which isn't exactly a thrilling way to conclude a game. Needless to say, I haven't been able to convince him to try the game out again since.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Top Hat could, in theory, be used to play the odds a bit better - if you just recently grabbed / missed an agenda off the top of R&D, you can expect the next one to appear a few cards down.

What the gently caress is up with Blockade Runner? Spend a click and a credit to…spend two clicks drawing two cards? I guess there’s the slight benefit of being able to get rid of a card you don’t want at the moment, but that doesn’t really seem worth the setup and two click investment, let alone the deck slot for the card itself.

The Gauntlet seems kind of iffy too. I guess it’s worth running if you don’t want to spend the influence on Desperado??

Also It’s a shame Frantic Coding isn’t shaper, it would be great with Professor :v:

I will say that Chief Slee seems a teensy bit more useful than at first glance, since if a runner hits an ETR then she gets a counter. 5 seems like a bit too many counters though, and with only a 3 cred trash cost she’ll probably never fire.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

CirclMastr posted:

Even if Chief Slee did fire, 5 meat damage can't guarantee a kill.

It's not, but it usually means that the Runner has to play the rest of the game (until she's trashed) without ever ending their turn with 4 or fewer cards in hand.

Actually typing this out makes me wish there were some assets that couldn’t be trashed. Or I guess you could give them some huge trash cost of like 10 credits or something. I feel like assets do a great job of changing how the game is played, but they’re so difficult to protect and easy to get rid of. Obviously there needs to be some counterplay, but some permanent effects could definitely have some interesting gameplay implications. If Chief Slee couldn’t easily be trashed, it would have the effect where at first you need to be super careful not to hit an ETR or skip over subs, but THEN you need to be careful not to end your turn with too few cards in hand. That changes the gameplay in multiple interesting ways, and gives various pacing and changes over the course of the game, all in one card! If it had some difficult trash condition (need to run a few centrals before trashing, need to pay like 10-15 credits, etc), then it would ALSO give an additional “phase” of the game where the runner has the plan to try and hunt down and trash that asset to remove its limitations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Hannibal Rex posted:

I like Top Hat. It gives Shapers a way to exploit an open R&D similar to Medium, and at 0 cost and non-unique, it also fuels Aesop's and Technical Writer and other Shaper bullshit. It also works nicely with a fresh Medium, though that's probably overkill for either faction. See 5th card, gain a counter, see 4th card, gain a counter, run again and see top three.

If you’re in a position where you can run R&D three times in a turn with a medium on the table, you’re probably already winning. It’s a shame, because there are so many fun strategies that could result from being able to run a billion times in a turn, except that you almost never can afford it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

OhHiMaahk posted:

Would top hat let you access a card if you made a patron run on R&D?

Yes and no. You only get 1 “instead of accessing cards” effect per run, so you can trigger either Patron OR Top Hat. It could let you choose to not trigger Patron, if you decide you want to access R&D instead of drawing, but why would you choose R&D for Patron then?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
After thinking about it a bit more, I think that maybe the solution shouldn’t be assets that can’t be trashed, but assets that carry a heavy cost to trash. Like a Weyland asset that when you trash it you need to discard your grip, or something like that. Right now it feels like the more powerful an Asset’s effect is, the cheaper it is to trash. This makes sense on paper, as a risk/reward sort of strength/weakness sort of deal, but in the state of the game now servers are just too porous. It’s super difficult to keep a runner out of your scoring remote at this point, let alone to also protect a second server for a key asset.

I feel like a few years ago,when an asset was rezzed it gave the runner a dilemma: do I dedicate my limited resources to running that asset, or running the scoring remote? Will that open a scoring window? But nowadays runners have so much money and ways to trash assets that it isn’t an interesting or difficult decision. The decision of “can I trash this asset? should I trash it?” is no longer there, it’s almost always “yes i can trash it, yes i should trash it"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Machai posted:

what if it was really weak with a low trash cost but it bounced back to your hand like Subliminal and refunded the click as well when you install it.

poo poo, what if it gave you an extra click when you rezzed it so you could save up a click for a later turn as long as the runner did not trash it?

I like it, but the problem I could see with that is what happens when you rez it on the runner’s turn? I guess you could add in some clarification text. “Gain <click> when [Asset] is rezzed. If [Asset] is rezzed on the runner’s turn, Gain <click> at the start of your next turn.”

Then maybe something like
"Gain 2c whenever you spend a fourth click on your turn."

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It kind of feels like runners have had power creep, but corps haven't. Or at least, not nearly as accelerated as runners have had.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The corp one isn't much better

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/794244254033920000

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The interesting stat is that it isn't just NBN and HB heavy, it's CtM and EtF heavy, to the tune of 54% of all corp decks being those 2 ID's. If the top 8 is 7 CtM and 1 EtF or something like that, could we see an ID itself go on the MWL?

Yeah you're right, this is the more relevant stat:

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/794233531358707712

And the runner version:

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/794232691470331904

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The thing that blows my mind is the EoI/Breaking News non-trigger interaction. It feels like a "the rules shouldn't do this" situation like MaskNaught in Vintage.

What do you mean by non-trigger? Doesn't it just mean you can install+advance BN on a SanSan, score it, then trigger EoI to swap it for a runner’s 2 or 3 pointer? Or I guess install it one turn, then advance-advance-score, EoI?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Voodoofly posted:

If you exchange away a breaking news the turn you score it, the 2 tags don't get removed at the end of the turn (as the agenda is now in the runner's score area and therefore the "remove at the end of the turn" trigger doesn't fire).

Haha holy poo poo I never realized this.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

berenzen posted:

Red Sands scoops right now.

E: new Jinteki Identity- Aginfusion: Once per turn, instead of rezzing an approached piece of ICE, you may trash it and choose another server. The runner is now running on that server and encountering the outermost piece of ICE, if any. 45/17

Don't know how powerful this is gunna be, but oh boy is it going to be super fun. They also pointed out that the runner encounters the outermost ice, not approached it. This means the runner cant jack out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Sensing a bit of a pattern

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/794635398815354880

• Locked thread