Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Macrophage is hilarious and I will put one in Blue Sun and forget about it forever. It will go on R&D and make Mediums a thing of the past (note - will not make Mediums a thing of the past).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm normally a big fan of irony, but this ain't great. :smith:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I don't know if people here ever need a reminder not to go on the Netrunner subreddit, but holy poo poo don't go on the Netrunner subreddit.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Holy poo poo CodeMarvelous's new stream uses Special Offer and Friends in High Places to hilarious effect in Spark.

I need to check this out. NBN Glacier is my other weakness besides Weyland.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
There isn't going to be an MWL update, and if there isn't, Sifr will sure as gently caress not be on there.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
FFG need to get off their balls and ban some poo poo. The MWL is too weak a solution as players just drop a bunch of cards from their decks and keep playing busted poo poo. No half measures - just loving ban every problem card and keep them banned unless someone stands in front of the design team and explains in excruciating detail why a card needs to come off the ban list.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Burke Bugs is the worst because at least with the new advancable ICE support you can have a laugh with Tyrant, Woodcutter and Salvage.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Deluxe expansions are good to start with. Those two discounted ones are better than Honor and Profit, but both are weighted towards the runner in terms of card power. The ID's from Order and Chaos are better than those from Creation and Control imo. Both are worth picking up.

The Championship decks are also good pickups - the Corp one more than the runner, as it's a more straightforward style of play. When Terminal Directive is released, the narrative campaign will be a good way to play if either of you are interested in the factions featured in it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Looks like the kerfuffle in December had legs.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That's a strong ID. People are probably gonna pack Fall Guys and trash prevention stuff in response, but that's thinking too far ahead.

Other cards: Colossus looks fun. Mr Stone is basically the inverse of the sort of Weyland card I want (when you do meat damage, give a tag) but might be fun to play around with. Paper Trail looks like the right kind of power level for a 4/2. Honeyfarm is probably only going into asset spam decks.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

It also kills anything the runner bins due to hand size or Net/Brain damage, meaning "overdraw, pitch paperclip" just got a LOT less powerful, as did Levy'ing to get a second pass at your deck.

Re-reading it, yeah, holy cow. That's really really good. Parasite/SIFR eats poo poo against it. Now to hope the other Weyland cards help make up for the rest of the faction's deficiencies...

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Dehumanize yourself and face to stickers.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Abagnale and the Shaper ID are really cool. Abagnale might be part of a suite of similar breakers.

I'm interested in possible economy cards in the set - if people are coming from core set to Terminal Directive, I think having more economy options, even if they're conditional, would probably improve the play experience a ton for new players as they get more money to play the cool cards. Some of the Criminal stuff shown here would be pretty difficult to play on a Core set economy. That might be a dumb thing to say with Temujin Contract being a card that exists.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Madoff and Belfort imo. Anyone who's got a good snappy quote for flavour text. (Belfort might like the sound of his own voice too much for this.)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Who else would you pick as the new core set runners? Corps?

Gonna assume we stick with stuff that'll cycle out, so the first two cycles.

Anarchs is tough as the only one that's kind of "easy" to slot places is Whizzard, and I'd only put him in if they reduced his reccuring credits or reworked him. Reina kind of works but with the fragile economy of the Core set she might be super strong in a solely Core 2.0 environment.

Criminal can stay with Gabe, he's easy and spells out Criminal playstyle. I am basically the only human being alive who doesn't like Andromeda though.

Corp is a lot harder because most of their early IDs suck. HB has to essentially rework EtF because Stronger Together sucks, but EtF is too good. Weyland stays with BaBW. NBN could go either way, but I doubt anyone would shed a tear for The World is Yours. Jinteki kinda has to stay with PE as RP is a real pain in the rear end for new players.

This is, of course, hugely dependant on what cards are in the new Core set and if FFG make any balance changes to cards. I would imagine they'd put in more economy cards like Restructure, and madly hope for Jackson Howard.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That won't solve anything. Just put all those cards in anyway and laugh because influence can't be below 0 via MWL. A Whizzard deck with all those cards will still be good and not miss anything.

Just ban the cards.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Palana Grail here we come.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Illegal Arms Factory is good because clickless card draw is good, namaste.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Also Hardened Servers is going straight into Titan Transnational and never leaving. Eat poo poo Faust lovers.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I feel like a deck that sits on its rear end using Opus every turn and waiting for the ~perfect moment~ to keyhole is easily beatable by playing the game called Netrunner.

Also every time Adrian does anything I want to punch him so there's that.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

berenzen posted:

Shapers sitting on their rear end with their breakers installed and clicking MOpus has been a valid strategy since the core set. Why would anarchs be any different?

Both of these things are bad. Criminal for life. :whatup:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I don't think I'm gonna shock anyone by saying bad pub isn't a mechanic that's been handled very well, but I really wish more interesting things were being done with it and make it something that people care about. Stuff that scaled off of bad publicity, things that sacrificed bad publicity for effects, and so on. Suffice to say that the ones we have either suck or are Blackmail.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
TBB exists to troll the idea that people might have fun playing Netrunner.

hmmmm yes not interacting with the rules of the game is the best way to play, im a genius *shits pants*

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

berenzen posted:

He makes decks that are designed to do well at tournaments. That usually means having something that's designed to deal with glacier because it's one of the most consistently strong archetypes in the game.

I'd like to point out there are a lot of people that think that caprice + ash are terrible to play against. And to be honest, they kinda are. So having decks that can counter it is a good thing.

But man, You're getting really mad at a dude that makes decks that are designed to do well.

Despite my shitpost, I don't care that much that he makes good decks. I'd be more generous to him if everything he wrote didn't come across as "teehee, I've beat FFG's attempts to balance the game and kept Anarch top," but whatever. I'm more annoyed that I'm gonna go on Jinteki.net and face that MaxX deck for months and it's not gonna be fun.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I guess I should shut up and pack Ark Lockdowns in Scorpius just to be super cruel.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah it's pretty hilarious how much cardboard got wasted for TD. It's a common thing in recent boardgaming where they have enourmous boxes to try and catch eyes on the shelf, and then have most of it taken up by badly designed inserts. Level 99 games is real bad at this as well - I'm having to make custom boxes and poo poo because BattleCon is so huge and the insert so lovely for no reason.

I'm gonna break the TD box down, binder the legal cards and keep the legacy stuff in one of those Pokemon deckboxes with the dividers in.

E: I'm actually way more excited for playing Alya and a Shaper deck than I thought, everything in her set seems useful in some way. Still not excited about HB though.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I just realised how horrible facechecking Bloodletter out of Skorpios is and I love it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Just print better ICE and stop printing things that make it piss-easy to get through ICE. Paperclip ought to go on the MWL alongside Rumor Mill and any card that trivialises the main interaction of the game.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

berenzen posted:

Paperclip has almost the same efficiency as corroder except on a single style of ICE- High Strength, multi-sub ICE. Unless you're going to bitch about something like Gordian Blade and other efficient icebreakers as well.

How many times have you read "this ICE would be good except Paperclip/Corroder/Mimic/Gordian Blade exist"? So yeah, I'll bitch about them too.

Zephro posted:

ICE would have to be absolutely brutally effective to make it worth spreading over 4 or 5 servers. The opportunity cost of being able to defend two remotes at the moment is not defending centrals properly plus the loss of deck slots you suffer from including loads and loads of ICE. Any ICE that was strong enough to make the tradeoff worth it would be even better if you just used it on centrals and stuck to the current style of play with one defended remote at most. Remote-only ICE is one way round that problem.

As a Weyland player, I'd be pretty happy with finally getting "brutally effective" ICE worth a drat instead of figuring out what lovely flimsy ICE I'm gonna rush behind today.

Also remote-only ice wouldn't be played because you could just put in a piece of ICE that wasn't a dead draw when you've already set up your One Remote. The opportunity cost of making multiple remotes outside of a prison/asset spam deck is so high that it's never going to be worth icing multiple remote unless you're playing Engineering the Future. Making ICE with weird cross-remote abilities wouldn't change that.

Cards that are better on remotes, like Turing, are the way to go, so if that's what you're talking about then I agree.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Well the folks on Reddit are jizzing over the idea of creating that infinite combo in CI, but the obvious problem with this is that they're playing CI.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
if Apex ever has enough money to use Golden then I'd like to see that deck. Because that sounds like a fun deck.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Since Colossus and Hortum have come out people are going in with Space Camp, Trick of Light and Anson Rose for FA and a decent ice package. Colossus in particular is real nice when advanced because it gets the strength buff as well as the subs, whereas Mausolus and Hortum don't cost any less to break.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah the MWL for Rumor Mill has brought a lot of life into B-tier execs and assets. You can get a lot of value out of Anson if you're willing to wait. Andre on the Metropole Grid has done a few videos with him out of Titan if you wanna check it out.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I ain't clicking that link for love nor money, but I'm gonna guess it was some gross poo poo?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Oh, nerds. Never stop letting us down.

It's kinda worse in a way, because people who play Netrunner like to make a big deal out of the game being more inclusive than other nerd hobbies. So this kinda thing really takes the legs out from under that premise. :smith:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The game should have started rotation the second Mumbad was done. Makes the card pool smaller and a lot of power cards in later cycles are really helped by poo poo like Hostile Infrastructure. I'd honestly have Lunar rotate out at this point too.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
There needs to be:
- Core 2.0 to remove problem cards
- Faster cycling to make sure bullshit doesn't stay in meta for too long
- Outright bans because MWL won't stop anyone from making these lists
- Review design policy to figure out whats "good"/"fun" interaction and what isn't
- Hire some actual playtesters instead of having volunteers because holy poo poo

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I wouldn't buy into any other LCG past a core set now. Netrunner's really great, but FFG have handed it and other ones poorly so I'm not exactly keen to jump on, or actually keep buying more Netrunner right now.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I got in a game of TD today and wowowow the suggested Steve deck is real bad. Really bad. I'm gonna rejigger it for the next game because holy poo poo it's bad.

Game is still good! But I'm definitely doing some swaps because I wanna use the new breakers and I couldn't get in anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Good work, this will help cheer me up on a slow workday. :)

• Locked thread