Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That core set looks neat, but I'm glad it's made of cards we already have so that I don't feel obligated to buy it. I can just build it from the stuff I have. No, FFG, don't tempt me with new art :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Rest in piss Yog, unloved and unwanted.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

:perfect:

Oh man, looking at this and TD, and Steve + Doppleganger + Pheremones is hilarious. Throw on a Bank Job or two and baby you got a stew going.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

hot take: what if FFG actually spent time playtesting this poo poo instead of having to ban it post release

Source your quotes.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It was the focus of some gross mill decks because of how easily Anarchs can damage themselves. Never managed to see any in the wild before the ban hit, thankfully.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Giest is doing pretty okay right now if you like to go slow, which is fine because I love Giest. Dean Lister and Maxwell James just give him more stuff to fire his ID with and Amunkua is a really good side piece to the Break and Enter suite.

Agree with Paperclip. If it functioned more like the other breakers in its cycle then it would probably still be used after Corroder cycled out but it'd be way less trivial to deal with barriers. I've seen decks forgo barriers entirely because Paperclip exists.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 19, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

My experience on jnet is that Geist got SUPER popular, and everyone teched hard against AI breakers, so Aumakua is a non-factor now. Goes to show you what getting played by CodeMarvelous for a few days can do for a deck's popularity.

In that case Crims are hosed until Kitara Cycle comes out and throws them some bones.

Corp-side is pretty wild, I've seen Builder of Nations decks doing stuff that would probably be better out of Jemison or Skorpios (but it's real cool). Never seen Aginfusion in the wild - what's up with that - but I think Palana is back now glacier is better. Don't quote me on that.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Spark saw some play at a tourney I think, but I've not seen Argus just because of Film Critic still existing.

Cerebral Static is fine but between Scarcity and Housekeeping you've probably got better options for currents. I might try it out of Palana though, maybe as a 1 or 2 of.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I've never seen anybody play Harischandra, even though that ability is insanely good on paper. Presumably it's because runner decks are predictable enough that you don't need to look at their hand?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The concept of having 5/3's that grant their benefit regardless of if they're stolen or scored is a cool idea, but I can see it being a fine balancing act. That said, the runner stealing it means they're 3 points closer to victory regardless of the effect, so I'd rather the effects were maybe a little overpowered rather than underpowered.

Can't wait to see what weaksauce version of this they're hyping for Weyland. I'll bet the pack it comes in that it involves either advancing ice or getting money.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's cool to see people pick up the IDs people dismissed. Argus still isn't quite happy with Film Critic being around, but Titan has more tools to do the thing it always liked to do, and my boy Builder of Nations is having fun with the critical mass of advancable ice + methods to shuffle tokens around. Granted, every BoN deck is objectively better out of Skorpios, but shut up. :colbert:

I hope Kitara gives Weyland a cool new ID now that BWBI and GRNDL aren't around.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Are you implying BWBI was ever cool or good? Because it is arguably the worst ID in the game. Maaaaybe that 45/22 no Jinteki HB I'd is worse, but man it's close

All IDs are cool and good, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Spoilers for Soverign Sight are floating around the internet now, so watch yourselves.

• Locked thread