Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Could you multibox, playing a game as User and setting that feature to 'on,' then open up Jinteki in another window and spectate your own match to see the opponent's hand?

Yeah. But that's just bad form. Just like you can 'forget' all sorts of things that aren't automated in Jnet. Plus, you can see who the spectators are. The setting is there for Jnet tournament streams and tourneys. I did enable the setting for all the Jnet league games I hosted, because I think it makes it more enjoyable for the person who is spectating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

HB can still do glacier fairly decently due to exceedingly taxing ICE. The trick is that you ideally want to be running biotic labours and lateral growths in order to Fast advance to clear rumour mill, or just have a really taxing remote. I would argue that NEH FA is actually worse off than glacier is. The runner can control the board state exceedingly well because they can make a ton of money off of your open remotes. HB glacier now is very much about click-compressing the runner and ideally making sure that there isn't a server that costs less than 3 credits to break. The defensive upgrades are still good cards, because not every deck has rumour mill, and they still bait out blackmails from val. Rumour mill hurts, but I honestly think that HB Glacier and MVT CtM are probably the strongest decks in the meta right now. Corps are still fairly strong, but they require a much better reading of the board state than runners do, and have a much higher skill level to play I think.

E: At the Great Lakes ANRPC last chance qualifiers on saturday, the corp/runner victory split was %53.7 Corp to 46.3% runner.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 17, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Jinteki.net automation status is typically kept up-to-date here

Most of the stuff that isn't automated are things like recurring credits, on encounter effects of ICE and stuff that would be insanely difficult to code like media blitz or surveillance sweep.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 17, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

Corp is a lot better right now than it was even a month ago due to Scarcity of Resources alone. Also a lot of high level players are in Worlds testing mode right now so there are some good decks coming down the pipeline that people are keeping quiet about. If I had to bet I'd say there are a few different tempo style yellow decks that are going to be all over Worlds/post-Worlds tourneys. Currents are strong on both sides, and News Hound is a great ICE when currents are in play.

As much as I'm in love-hate with NBN, I think that it's going to be criminal/NBN as the winning decklists. (I kinda hope, actually, so I can get a playset of full-art desperados and SSCG)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I would say that the only deck there that isn't good necessarily for teaching is the stealth andy deck. I think a reg-rear end criminal would probably have made a better deck for it. That being said, they're not decks that I would recommend people to start with. They're for people that want to play with more than just the core set. The core set is nice, but it's definitely not indicative of the game as it is now. Core set decks play a lot slower, and really only Weyland and HB shine there. NBN doesn't have the cards to deal with it and Jinteki either is do or die. Similarly Anarch is a lot weaker in core set, because Noise just doesn't have the support he needs in order to make him good, whereas Kate and Gabe both do really well in core set.

The teaching decks are more for teaching people good Netrunner habits, particularly with regards to competitve play. That being said, if you do want to use them for teaching netrunner, the HB and Spark decks are pretty good entry level decks, as is the kit build. Both are pretty straightforward to play. The andy deck is definitely more for intermediate play if they want to understand the design space around stealth. And it's still a better deck to get players into netrunner than dyper or IG49

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 28, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Christ, Top Hat is basically R&D interface+ and a massive gently caress you to jinteki. That poo poo is going right into my Leela deck. On reread, not good actually.

In order:

Runner Side:
En Passant seems decent when doing DDoS runs, may make a small splash in Anarch DDoS combos. Frantic coding is pretty bad, because you're going to be trashing valuable events to save effectively 2 credits. Saker would be better if it was 2 strength, now it costs 6 credits to break eli- not good. But it's still the best in-faction crim fracter. The gauntlet seems like it would be better in a world without desperado, but I'd rather run desperado and HQ interfaces than this card. Even when HQ interface rotates, I'll use Blockade runner is in-faction draw, won't see play for the same reason that Mr. Li doesn't- not click-efficient enough.

Smoke we all know and love. Top hat has serious formatting issues, it initially read like you got to pick versus a random pick of the top 5 cards, on the reread, it's not that great. Blackstone fills out the suite of new stealth breakers. I think clip will still be used, but I think this might still see play.

Government investigation isn't as good as it was 3 months ago with IG49 at the top. Changes psi games to 50/50, but bidding 1 or 0 is usually the right call anyway. Citadel sanctuary is a neutral sunny card, but not really anything that she really needed.

Corp side:
Wetwork refit is alright I guess, maybe on a leaky 2.0 or fairchild 3 to make it exceptionally painful to hit. It's more pay 1 to make the runner pay 1 more on a run of this server. AoT is a better stronger together, but it still doesn't match up at all to EtF. It plays slower and has 3 less influence. Hasty relocation is Heritage comittee, but worse. Likely won't see play. Fumiko is expensive, 4 to trash, blanked by rumour mill, requires her own server + protection, and needs people to play psi-games. Don't think she'll be that good.

Data Ward might see play in CtM, but it's expensive for a barrier that is (unless behind a data raven) just pay 3 credits or EtR, if behind a data raven it's pretty good- 7 credits for paperclip. Note that dataward is the worst to blind-femme. It costs 3 to break versus 5 to femme. Drone screen is just more tag-punishment that can easily be avoided. Won't see play.

Chief Slee runs into the rumour mill problem. Also is really cheap to kill, and so need protecting. Brutal against the early-game ice check, but by the time she actually starts working out will be when you want to score agendas out. Probably will see play in tubs as a way to hurt the runner hard after a tour guide facecheck. Bulwark is expensive to facecheck, but only costs effectively 6 against clippy in the future. Could be really brutal, but more often than not will be more of tempo hit for the corp. Best defense is a really strong way to kill a bunch of 0 costs things for 2. Pre-emptive action is another mediocre j-how replacement. If it ever sees play, it won't be until jackson rotates.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 31, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Overall aside from smoke and best defense, intervention seems like a very 'meh' pack.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Machai posted:

why would you rez it on the runner's turn though?

To deal with councilman triggers.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The MWL and errata hit hurt the dominant corp (NEH, and NBN in general) far more than hit the runners. The Faust engine was put on the MWL, sure, but it made yog a far more palatable option. The existence of Temujin contract boosted runner economies massively, and corps aside from EtF really haven't had an answer to it. What that probably means is that a rush or FA EtF is likely the winning decklist for Worlds, because it's fast enough to deal with Whizz before the NRE/Ice carver combo comes online, and glacier-y enough to deal with more tempo players..

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Getting real tired of NotRunner, aka Blackmail Val, DDoS, Leela and other shenanigans that don't have any interplay. Is Executive Boot Camp deserving of a slot or two at this point just to counter that?

Magic figured this out in 2001 with how Flashback works (exiling a card when you re-play it, to prevent absurd recursion), hard to understand how NR missed that, especially when they did include self-exile on that Jackson-wannabe operation.

Blackmail val is probably the easiest way to find out if your deck can handle runner tricks or not, because it's the simplest way for a runner to deal with corp ICE. I can understand frustration playing against it, but how is it different than a nexus bypass or your big barrier getting femmed? Or just straight up the runner making enough money to handle any sort of ICE that you put up on a server? Breaking ICE has always been the last option for a runner in order to get into a server. Usually they use tricks to bypass it in some way. Like, if your deck can't handle blackmail val, how does it deal with other bypass methods. If blackmail Val really has you down, either play shell games with 2 ICE remotes, or splash in Ark lockdown to get rid of them.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Slio posted:

The reason Blackmail gets the most hate compared to those other options you mentioned is setup cost and scope. Blackmail is a 1 cost event that you get to recur for 0 and some clicks or 2 and a click. Security Nexus is 8 to play and needs credits or other link setup to function, Femme is 9 and also at least requires some credit to use. They're also both single target, and yeah they can both easily be moved around (easier for Nexus) they can't just invalidate an entire server alone like Blackmail.

Except val blackmail decks don't win at high-level tournaments. I doubt we see val in top 16 at worlds. Blackmail recursion val is way too high variance for her to win consistently and she is fairly easily teched against. She's probably the best benchmark to build your corp deck around, and there are a lot of ways for her to break. The super-jank and not really that great Crisium/OTG combo out of weyland is incredibly difficult for her to beat because blackmail val needs 3 blackmails in order to beat. Jammy/Rushy HB can shell game her early game and FA their wins out late game. NBN just doesn't worry about ICE and shell games out agendas. Jinteki has the worst of it, but that's more because of the existence of rumour mill than anything else.

Any Val deck that we see at worlds that does well will likely use blackmail as an option similar to inside job rather than as their primary win condition.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I think that corp-runner is probably 50/50 at high level play, but that's because they know how to pilot against a lot of the powerful runner decks seeing play. I think we'll see CTM, NEH, EtF and CI with one or two IG and Sol in the top slots.

It's not that corps aren't powerful. It's that all but a couple decks aren't strong in the meta as it stands right now.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

My guess is we see Nexus Kate, Temujin Whiz/Val and a smattering of andysucker and Dyper.

I think how well nexus Kate does primarily depends on how much CTM is in the meta. A caprice in an HB remote is tough to deal with.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 3, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Not really surprising to see mostly ctm and EtF. My guess is that NEH is in #3, but literally the best IDs in the game. EtF is probably the best of them, and I think we see them take it. CTM has a lot of tech against it in the current meta. It's hard to beat EtF and it's massive clickless econ out of any faction. Ctm has built in trash punishment and NEH has super draw and 17 information. There is a massive power disparity amongst just the IDs. The next tier of IDs is probably Sync and Palana. Except red has had it really rough with rumor mill.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Honestly, the biggest thing about the strength of NBN right now is the binary way tags work and how there's not of interaction avoiding/preventing. Breaking news is probably the biggest problem child of this- there's no way to really avoid them aside from NACH, but if a corp gets a double advanced one out behind ICE that you can't deal with at the time, then you're hosed. Tollbooth and sweeps week don't need to go onto the MWL, because they don't completely warp the meta. Honestly, runner-side just needs a better way of dealing with insta-tags than a resource that they can bait out a trash of. If tagging becomes more difficult, you'll see a large downspike in the power levels of NBN. The problem is that it harms Weyland as well, because of their need to run tags to ensure a kill.

As for rumour mill, I don't think it'll hit the MWL. So long as you're not Jinteki, it's not super difficult to play around it? Shaper decks don't have the influence for both it and clot, so you can just FA through it. Weyland doesn't really have a lot of unique upgrades that they use with their glacier decks aside from Jackson. HB is most affected, but they have FA through biotic. Meaning that they can simply blow through right through the rumour mill. But real glacier isn't really a good place right now, and it's not because of rumour mill. Most of it comes down to the fact that once a runner gets set up in the late game, they can get into servers for super-cheap. Temujin Whiz can carve through any 6 strength code gate for free with sucker/yog/NRE/Carver, and crushes through other ICE for fairly cheaply with Mimic/Paperclip. Same with Nexus kate, and Dyper wins in a turn if you let them get set up fast enough.

The problem is that there are really only a couple IDs that can actually deal with the meta as it is, and so those IDs have sort of come to the forefront, and runners teched more against those IDs, but a lot of the stuff that they were teching for beats a good chunk of the rest of the meta as well. Tag avoidance/removal hurts IDs like sync, rumour mill is just straight up tech versus Palana. Strike to deal with CtM kills White tree and IG, etc.

The thing is, corp hasn't really gotten any good cards. I mean, in the past 6 months the only yellow cards that have been good are HHN, CtM and EoI. But everyone but HB got even less. Particularly with the hit to Museum. So it feels like NBN has been getting a ton of good new cards, but in reality, they haven't. But (aside from HB:EtF) they're the only ones that really have an an actually defined niche.

HB I feel is in a better spot than NBN is. They've received far more good cards in the same time frame as NBN has. The thing is, they've had their niche defined in the meta for a lot longer, and it feels like you have a lot more outs than playing against NBN decks do when in reality I think that EtF is straight up better than CtM.

EoI is maybe the only card that might need to go on the MWL. Or give more ways to forfeit agendas on the runner's side to sell off 3 pointers. Using an EoI to do a 1 point swing is a lot less powerful than a 2 point swing.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 3, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Red Sands scoops right now.

E: new Jinteki Identity- Aginfusion: Once per turn, instead of rezzing an approached piece of ICE, you may trash it and choose another server. The runner is now running on that server and encountering the outermost piece of ICE, if any. 45/17

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 4, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

trash an unrezzed vanilla, send them into a brainstorm without a sentry breaker.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Safe to say anarch will be winning worlds

E: at this point. I gotta cheer for Dien for repping the canucks.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

So here's all the red sands spoilers so far : http://imgur.com/a/x1S3p

E: There are triples now. Time for the AD-Success super advance combo out of weyland

berenzen fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 4, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bloodletter's not too bad- 3 cost 4 strength destroyer.

Also, they reference the 'I got a rock' card from ONR

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The Deleter posted:

So glad for the return of I've Got A Rock.

E: Standoff and Success are both loving hilarious and Success combos with Jemison Astronautics so FA Weyland is going to be real and insane.

Success is great design space and absolutely hilarious.

Hell, there's some really cool design space across a lot of the cards seen so far.

E: bunch more weyland cards linked on facebook by Nick Soto

Battlement: 3 cost, 2 strength Barrier. 2 ETR subs

Audacity: 0 cost operation. Play only if at least 3 cards in HQ, trash all cards in HQ put 2 advancement counters on up to 2 cards.

Veritas: 4 cost, 2 strength sentry. Subs are 'Corp gains 2 cred', .runner loses 2 creds', 'trace2- giver runner a tag'

Watchtower: 4 cost, 3 strength code gate. 'Search R&D for a card and add it to HQ' as a sub

Tithonnium: 9 cost, 5 strength barrier. Cannot host cards, can forfeit an agenda instead of paying rez cost. 2x 'trash program', 1x 'trash resource and end the run' for subs.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 4, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Score a 5/3 as setup:
click 1: biotic labor
click 2: install Gov’t Takeover
clicks 3,4,5: Success your 5/3 to get 5 advancements, then use Jemison Astronautics’ ID ability to place 4 more advancements on it, score out
:getin:

Then when they make the 11/7 martian takeover, Success into that with Government takeover.

Also, turn 1 install Hostile Takeover, Install Hostile Takover, Audacity them and take 14 credits

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Marilyn campaign has a different cycle symbol on it than the rest of the cards.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Chiyashi: jinteki 12 cost, 8 STR barrier. If an AI is installed while subs being broken, trash 2 cards from runner's stack. Subs are 2 net damage, 2 net damage, etr

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Welp, nobody showed up to my local gamestore's ffg steam celebration. So I got a pair of sexy alt-art hedge funds.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Zephro posted:

Nice. Post pics?

After lurking a bit and spectating on Jinteki.net I feel I can safely say a Chief Slee/ Offer You Can't Refuse deck will win Worlds 2017, take it to the jank bank

Ended up giving one to a friend, but

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Welcome to the game! Like you said, the game is pretty complex, but it rewards tactical thinking and bluffing quite a bit. I know quite a few of us play on Jinteki.net. The biggest change from magic that the game has is the lack of a stack. Runner and corp don't trade actions back and forth and resolve them in reverse order. Instead the corp resolves all actions passes to the runner, then the runner resolves all actions and passes back to the corp, once both have closed, the window for actions closes.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

mitochondritom posted:

I've just started looking at all the data packs and stuff outside of the main core set in detail and I think its so cool how they focus on different "cultures" of the Netrunner world. I particularly like the mongolian themed ones in the more recent packs because its such a rarely featured area of the world in fiction, particularly cyberpunk fiction. Anyway do any of them focus on Netrunner Europe or Germany? I recently played Shadowrun Dragonfall which did such a good job of taking a cyberpunk setting outside of the usual Japan / San Fran / Anywhere in Gibson books setting.

Aside from Mumbad, every cycle has mostly focused on New Angeles. After flashpoint, we're going to mars.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

also works quite well to avoid upgrade traps and get anarch multiaccess on HQ without slotting in nerve agent, pairs incredibly well with obelus.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yes it would. Might be necessary for the 6 shock IG that'll be around for a month at the end of red sands.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The first 2 cycles weren't super themed, but looking at them now, they focused mostly on New Angeles and the rest of South America, due to the references to amazon and Chile(ChiLo). Lunar Cycle was all about the beanstalk and the moon, so there's touches of New Angeles there. SanSan was about the San Francisco-San Diego super city. Mumbad was India, Flashpoint is post-Mainframe New Angeles. Red Sands is Mars.

I don't know why I forgot about the SanSan cycle, considering the impact it had on the meta. Either way, my point stands- most of the cycles have had a New Angeles focus.

Core boxes and Deluxe boxes sort of focus all over.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 10, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The 23 seconds incident was when the Titan Transnational firewalls were taken down for 23 seconds by Omar Keung. During this time, a bunch of runners including Noise, Chaos Theory, and Andromeda got in and messed around with their systems and effectively devalued the credit and caused the New Angeles economy to fluctuate wildly- transaction data lost, and trillions of credits deleted from the marketplace. Meanwhile, Georgia Emelyov defected to Jinteki. It was initially thought that she caused the incident, so Weyland hired Khan to have her murdered. NBN got a whiff of this and reported on Emelyov's assassination and a cold war broke out between the corps. Additionally, Corps got a lot more hostile to runners. during this time Whizzard caught a rocket to the face, and Chaos Theory's fathers went into financial ruin. We haven't seen what happens to Andy yet, but people suspect that she made out like a bandit from the firewalls being down.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 10, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'd be interested in a playset pop-ups, the Jackson's and a plascrete, depending on price.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Smoke released on the 3rd? So it's not quite 11 days since release, but your store might be let it go considering store champs are pretty lax.

E: how much yellow do you expect to see? The thing about hate bear is that it completely destroys CtM and gives sync a pretty rough match-up as well. But it does falter a bit more vs. glacier, unless you can start to land siphons early and often.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 10, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Cool to see at least one Adam made it to top 64. Surprised there were no Nulls, though.

Probably mostly as a meta call. Hate Bear translates pretty well to a higher strength ICE meta as Null.

djfooboo posted:

20bux (Assuming you literally mean 1 plascrete)

Yeah, 1 plascrete. And that sounds good. Email is berenzenSA@Gmail.com

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I think it's something along the lines of the campaigns and such for LotR and Arkham, but the cards will be tournament legal as a Big box sort of thing maybe?

E: Looks like it's Crim, Shaper, HB and Weyland support as well.

Edit Edit:

quote:

Two PAD sheets, one sticker sheet, one rulebook, and four data sets of campaign cards and stickers allow you to track your progress, even as the expansion provides a massive infusion to your standard, tournament-legal Android: Netrunner matches with 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) divided between the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions, as well as neutral.

VV: Product page state ADN42, so yeah it's the missing product code

berenzen fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 11, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Seconding https://jinteki.net. Community is typically pretty good with newbies, and has full card support for almost every released card, aside from some janky ones.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

As NBN, land a HHN early and control out the board state. Once smoke is set up she wins, so you beat her by hitting her hard early game.

As HB? Stack sentries as a tax if playing switchblade. Then FA out agendas because she probably doesn't have the influence for clot.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 14, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

More proof that FFG's marketing team knows sweet gently caress all about netrunner: They slotted in reaver as a resource, not a program in their sample deck.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

What else does Apex usually do with their 1 MU from Heartbeat?

Actual breakers that let them get past real ICE.

• Locked thread