Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machai
Feb 21, 2013

So uh, Hivemind: "Virus counters on Hivemind are considered to be hosted on all other virus programs for the purposes of card effects"

If I have 2 hiveminds, wouldn't they create an infinite feedback loop? Every counter on HM1 (1 counter) is considered as hosted on HM2 (1 counter) for card effects. HM2 is now at 2 counters. Every counter on HM2 (2 counters) is considered hosted on HM1 (1 counter). HM1 now has 3 counters. And so on.

Or is "Virus counters on Hivemind are considered to be hosted on all other virus programs for the purposes of card effects" not considered a card effect?

e: also, it does not specify that the card effect has to be one on the other virus program. If I have a Medium hosted on a Progenitor and the corp purges, can I have Hivemind keep its virus counter instead of Medium because it counts as being on Medium for the purpose of Progenitor's effect?

Machai fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Where does it say that?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ah okay. I wish they made that more clear.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

There are cards that let you trash anything even if it cant normally be trashed so it would be really hard to balance an untrashable asset around someone just getting rid of it with an imp.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

what if it was really weak with a low trash cost but it bounced back to your hand like Subliminal and refunded the click as well when you install it.

poo poo, what if it gave you an extra click when you rezzed it so you could save up a click for a later turn as long as the runner did not trash it?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

I like it, but the problem I could see with that is what happens when you rez it on the runner’s turn? I guess you could add in some clarification text. “Gain <click> when [Asset] is rezzed. If [Asset] is rezzed on the runner’s turn, Gain <click> at the start of your next turn.”

Then maybe something like
"Gain 2c whenever you spend a fourth click on your turn."

why would you rez it on the runner's turn though?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

was a good game

lol @ GFI in HQ the whole time

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Deviant posted:

I just meant they kind of look alike.

why yes they are both women that wear suits

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just have it let you play an operation from hand when rezzed

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I would love to use it to Cyberdex Trial on a run on R&D with a ton of Medium counters out.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

Realtalk though, some kind of Scheherazade style "pause this run to make another run" card would be pretty hilarious.

Pause the run and start a new game where each player switches sides. If the current corp player wins that game, end the run.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I got a stacking storage thing from Joann Fabrics and made an insert for the top half. It has enough room for four rows of vertical cards. I own almost everything and with three decks built it has enough wiggle room on all the rows to flip through cards and be able to stick my fat fingers in to take cards out.

The bottom container is for tokens, rule book and decks

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Do not trust that handle.

I dont, I carry it around in a reusable grocery bag.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

vandalism posted:

I'm just buying in and have 1 core, creation and control, and honor and profit. I wanna play casually and against a couple of guys with big card pools. Should I hold off on buying in to Genesis and spin cycle for now until core 2?

If you are not doing tournaments then rotation does not really affect you. Just ask them if they are willing to let you use non-tournament legal decks.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

krakagar posted:

I find it much harder to keep track of what's going on, and you either have to zoom in and scroll around to be able to see all the information or else be zoomed to far out.

When you hover over a card it pops up a larger version of the card in the corner of the screen.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Yeah. One of my friends is avoiding buying the first two cycles because of rotation even though 99.9% of the games we play are super casual and no one cares about rotation and barely care about mwl

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Are store championships considered premier events for the 11-day after release restriction on cards? I would like to use some Martial Law cards on the 17th but I cant find where it defines what tier a store championship is.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Speaking of Hyperdriver, I was planning on using this deck at a store tournament this weekend with a Crypsis thrown in just in case I need to make a run.

I dont plan on winning

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

djfooboo posted:

I have an extra Chaos Theory Alt Art that didn't sell on ebay. Free to whoever calls dibs first. PM me your address, lower 48 only, sorry.

message sent

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just played a CT Baba Yaga deck in a store champ and I gotta say it really isn't worth it. The time and money you spend trying to set up the rig, even in a 40 card deck with like 9 tutors, is just not worth it. Maybe if glacier comes back in a big way she might be okay with a gordian on her, but until then she is not worth it.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kaethela posted:

At store champs yesterday, I flatlined an Apex! ...after they apocalypsed me. ...with a single-damage Philotic Entanglement. That was a weird game.

Oh hey, I was the guy you played in the last round.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

buy data and destiny, run nexus

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

AgentF posted:

Important announcement: People need to stop calling Anarch "red". Anarch cards are not red, they are very clearly orange.

Instead have a look at a Jinteki card. That's a nice red.

there are multiple shades of red

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Netrunner discussion: what color is quetzel's dress?

trick question, she is wearing a jumpsuit

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

All this talk just makes me want to do some drafting.

just did a 1v1 draft for the first time tonight and boy did corp win easily. it can be pretty hard to get a decent breaker suite going in draft and also maybe have enough draw/tutoring to get it out at a decent speed. I think now with SIFR I might just do drafts with my friends instead or even just ban SIFR in our group.

I was able to draft both jacksons and the museum along with a mushin and like 5 trap assets. I played that one mushin like 5 times and used it plus TotL on a NAPD to finally score out while museum kept me from milling out. Then for the runner game all my breakers were on the bottom and the corp got a lot of drip economy out and just scored while I dug for breakers.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Did you guys use the web app or a cube? Packs? Which drafting starters did you use?

I used the "official" stimhack cube and the 1v1 9-grid rules listed here

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

robotsinmyhead posted:

The first thing my friend noted when playing Netrunner was how well it would work (at least from a lore perspective, if that matters) to do a 2-headed Giant game where 2 runners go against 1 Corp (that has some sort of "buffed" deck/mechanics)

I'll run ice destruction, you run out of the ashes and data breach

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

i honestly just want a cheaper way to draft. i think the pricing is reasonable but i wish more people were in on it, it's my favorite way to netrunner.

cubes are good, my only problem is that I have to keep track of which cards I take out of it to make decks so I can put them back in.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Won a plastic CT at pax. It has a special surprise. Ill post a pic when I get back to the hotel.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Here we go. I hope it's not a typo.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kaethela posted:

The latest rumor is that Boggs is considering doing away with that rule.

but, my professor deck!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

every time I have faced MaxX the runner has milled their levy, their SoTs and any other recursion so I am personally okay with this meta

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Baron Snow posted:

I'm getting ready to start Terminal Directive and use it as a chance to really learn how to play corp, including building my own deck instead of just always net decking. So can someone tell me if the following has some major design error I missed? I guess also if it's terrible or whatever, but we're playing with just the 1 core set. My opponent is playing the crim ID if that matters.

Seidr

Seidr Laboratories (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (8)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
2x Elective Upgrade (Terminal Directive)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)

Asset (10)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
2x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (7)
2x Experiential Data (Core Set)
3x Mason Bellamy (Terminal Directive)
2x Red Herrings (Core Set) ••••

Operation (6)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (9)
3x Eli 2.0 (Terminal Directive)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set) •••
3x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
2x Archer (Core Set) ••••
2x Matrix Analyzer (Core Set) ••••

49 cards (minimum 45)
15/15 influence used
21 agenda points
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built with Net Deck

I forget if it mentions this in the deck building section of the TD rulebook, but at the beginning of the campaign you will get three copies of a campaign only 3/2 agenda that must be included in your deck. You will need to have room for these.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Boy, tagging the runner with no interaction other than having more money. That won't be slightly OP

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

I wonder if they realize that, by using the same formatting as Taurus/Gemini/Sagittarius/Virgo, Threat Level Alpha gives a tag if the runner has no tags regardless of the success of the trace.

whoa

FFG really needs an editor

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Turn 1: Install 2 ICE and take a credit
Turn 2: Spend all your money to deal 4 meat damage

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shiv breaks it for free, once

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Brahman breaks for 1 but it's Brahman :(

Yog + Egret for 0 after the install costs

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The Deleter posted:

decent ice package

new username here I come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zephro posted:

edit: also why isn't Red Planet Couriers called Planet Express? Talk about a missed opportunity

because Planet Express was on Earth not Mars

• Locked thread