Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

ZorajitZorajit posted:

For folks playing in the Jinteki league: PAIRINGS! are now up for Round 1.

If you need a replacement you can send me a PM. I missed this but am willing to play some games with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

berenzen posted:

HB can still do glacier fairly decently due to exceedingly taxing ICE. The trick is that you ideally want to be running biotic labours and lateral growths in order to Fast advance to clear rumour mill, or just have a really taxing remote. I would argue that NEH FA is actually worse off than glacier is. The runner can control the board state exceedingly well because they can make a ton of money off of your open remotes. HB glacier now is very much about click-compressing the runner and ideally making sure that there isn't a server that costs less than 3 credits to break. The defensive upgrades are still good cards, because not every deck has rumour mill, and they still bait out blackmails from val. Rumour mill hurts, but I honestly think that HB Glacier and MVT CtM are probably the strongest decks in the meta right now. Corps are still fairly strong, but they require a much better reading of the board state than runners do, and have a much higher skill level to play I think.

E: At the Great Lakes ANRPC last chance qualifiers on saturday, the corp/runner victory split was %53.7 Corp to 46.3% runner.

Corp is a lot better right now than it was even a month ago due to Scarcity of Resources alone. Also a lot of high level players are in Worlds testing mode right now so there are some good decks coming down the pipeline that people are keeping quiet about. If I had to bet I'd say there are a few different tempo style yellow decks that are going to be all over Worlds/post-Worlds tourneys. Currents are strong on both sides, and News Hound is a great ICE when currents are in play.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

berenzen posted:

As much as I'm in love-hate with NBN, I think that it's going to be criminal/NBN as the winning decklists. (I kinda hope, actually, so I can get a playset of full-art desperados and SSCG)

Basically agree on all points, especially cool desperado.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Zephro posted:

Scarcity seems good but only in the first few turns, right? If you don't see one until turn 8 and the Runner is mostly done with setup then it doesn't do much except add an ETR to News Hound, I'd have thought. Agree on NBN, though. The stats from UK Nationals (157 players, in August) are kind of revealing:

Being good in just the first few turns is still strong, though. I think Targeted Marketing probably has more use in a pure control deck (or possibly a pure rush deck if you name a breaker) but if you are running a tempo deck, just trying to stay a couple clicks ahead of the runner to score throughout the game, then Scarcity can really prolong those scoring windows. Plus, just activating News Hound and/or killing an Employee Strike isn't the worst way to spend a buck and a card.

NBN is going to be very well represented at the tourney. I think one of the biggest things pointing to it right now is I think there are 3 IDs that will definitely see wide play at Worlds (CTM, Sync, NEH), and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Sol or Spark decks having decent results. No other faction has that much depth right now on either side of the game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Lichtenstein posted:

Give me your best Laramy Fisk decks, Goons.

No Fisk sass, just lean, mean, C-tier decks.

I deleted the deck I was using in the SA tournament but it was basically an aggressively leela deck converted to disk.

Find one of the leela deja vu Fisk gang sign decks and it should be a good base. In the alternative, you can also try running a Ken Faust drug dealer deck with Fisk as a base. Need to ditch two influence but I've always had fun with Faust Fisk.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Lichtenstein posted:

Give me your best Laramy Fisk decks, Goons.

No Fisk sass, just lean, mean, C-tier decks.

I guess I did have one of the iterations of my Fisk deck saved. Might not be the best but when it works it is fun and can annoy the corp (in the good sort of way where you laugh at getting crushed by Fisk). And when I say it might not be the best what I mean is Tier C decks throw it in the garbage.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/773581

Fisk: Annoyingly Bad

Laramy Fisk: Savvy Investor (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Event (19)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Fisk Investment Seminar (The Universe of Tomorrow)
2x Information Sifting (The Liberated Mind)
2x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) [color=#32CD32]●●[/color]
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (9)
3x Desperado (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]★★★[/color]
2x HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]●●●●[/color]
2x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)

Resource (10)
3x Gang Sign (The Underway)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●●[/color]
2x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Paperclip (Blood Money) [color=#FF4500]●●●[/color]
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
12 influence spent (max 15-3★=12, available 0)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

As someone who plays primarily Crim, and who learned the game on Dave Hoyland's Leela deck from worlds last year, I think losing your breakers is a good way to learn how much fun Crim can be. You learn to use your tricks, to spread pressure across multiple servers, and that sometimes you just have to destroy your rig for a big run to win the game. If nothing else, you get to learn that siphon is the best breaker ever, because you don't have to break anything if they can't rez it. My heavily biased view is that criminal is the best faction to learn on precisely for a lot of these reasons.

That said, if you are the teacher in that situation, don't be a dick. Play ICE to give them the option to threaten other remotes and help them see the different avenues. You don't have to let them win, but you can even point out that HQ is still open if R&D is shut out, or that you can still in the centrals if the remote is closed, etc.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

What do people think about the runner makeup? I'm going to guess Nexus Kate as the most prominent deck coming into Day 2 (although I think there will be a bigger split once the final cut is made). Val/Rebirth good stuff is my bet on second most common, but honestly after Nexus Kate I could see things going a few different ways.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

That's a lot of orange, although it will be interesting to see the day 2 spread.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Zephro posted:

^^ I'm sort of surprised there isn't more Sol, News Hound is really good, TM is better the more predictable the Runner meta becomes, and you have all the usual NBN tricks.

I've been running a Sol deck for a couple of months, and honestly the only reason I'm running it right now is for originality points. Simple answer is that the sol deck is just better in CTM (or Sync if your deck floats that way). There are currents all over from runner and corp so running News Hound isn't all that hampered even without Sol's ability. Also, I think Scarcity of Resources is just as good, if not better, than TM right now as your go to yellow current. I went from a 2/2 split to 3/1 scarcity split in my Sol deck and haven't felt the need to swap back. Even with tag me runners the 2 creds to play SoT is worth it.

berenzen posted:

EoI is maybe the only card that might need to go on the MWL. Or give more ways to forfeit agendas on the runner's side to sell off 3 pointers. Using an EoI to do a 1 point swing is a lot less powerful than a 2 point swing.

The fact that you can't even shut off EoI with siphon/vamp amazes me. Even closed accounts costs 1 to play.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CodfishCartographer posted:

What do you mean by non-trigger? Doesn't it just mean you can install+advance BN on a SanSan, score it, then trigger EoI to swap it for a runner’s 2 or 3 pointer? Or I guess install it one turn, then advance-advance-score, EoI?

If you exchange away a breaking news the turn you score it, the 2 tags don't get removed at the end of the turn (as the agenda is now in the runner's score area and therefore the "remove at the end of the turn" trigger doesn't fire).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Employee Strike helps keep grinding IG decks away, and for that alone I am thankful. Other than that, though, and I'm with you.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

Please, everyone knows that King of Servers is the important Netrunner event this week. This is entirely unrelated to me being in KoS but not being able to get a slot in Worlds.

From testing with the two Bay Area KoS teams, if you aren't drunk before you take your first mandatory draw in KoS, then you aren't trying hard enough. At least that is their ultimate strategy for Saturday.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

I am compensating for not drinking by playing Exile as my runner, does that count?

As someone who plays Fisk at tournaments, I approve.

Also 4 of the top 16 are from the Bay Area team! (Counting Timmy Wong as he was training with all of us and I think is on the same decks that the Bay Area folks ended up playing over there).

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 4, 2016

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Static Equilibrium posted:

Two from the CO crew in top 16, myself included. Anyone else in this thread make it?

Congrats man. Good luck in all your games!*

*except against Wes, Brian, John and Timmy

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

berenzen posted:

E: at this point. I gotta cheer for Dien for repping the canucks.

Wes was the first person I played against so I'm hoping he runs the table, but I wouldn't be sad to see him play Dien again later on.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Zephro posted:

Also Chris from RLC and Lukas commentating on the FFG stream hype

That was magical, and not just because of how horrible the commentary was for the Wes Dien game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'd take all the Crim cards. Don't need the polops but will take them anyway if it is easier for
You to sell them in one go

Edit: I'd be interested in others as well depending on price (I have no idea what they normally would run), but the crim cards are definitely my top interest

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 10, 2016

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

djfooboo posted:

70 bux? If Femme above falls through add +7bux

Sure. Send me a pm with best way to pay you once you know on the femme.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

As a Crim player at heart, who will cry tears when Leela rotates out, let me preemptively wish you death and hatred for that RP deck the next time I have to face it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

berenzen posted:

More proof that FFG's marketing team knows sweet gently caress all about netrunner: They slotted in reaver as a resource, not a program in their sample deck.

On the one hand, this is a simple mistake that I can easily see myself doing.

On the other hand, I'm laughing a lot right now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Can you walk us through the most recent CI7 "go-off" turn? I can never keep the whole sequence straight.

The Jnet version is easy:

1. Play power shutdown
2. If they haven't already quit, play AD
3. By now they have quit and you win

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

No Scorched means that 1 tag in Weyland is almost a joke. Bye bye Argus snare decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

For what it's worth I bought two core sets and then spent like $15 on ebay buying another set of the one offs to get a full playset. I'm sure it will still be possible once Core 2.0 comes around, although price will probably be a bit higher at the start.

• Locked thread