Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Perhaps if it wasn't so "in character". It did contain useful links and pertinent information, but, my god, it just makes my eyes glaze over.

Yes, much agreement with this. I still have a couple ancient decks of cards for the original WOTC Netrunner and poked in here because I've heard good things about the newer FFG version and wanted more info on how the new version plays, but the OP was nearly impenetrable for someone who hasn't touched the current version (and this is coming from someone who read Neuromancer in grade school when it came out in 1984).

I mostly wanted to know how it plays, mechanically, and is it fixed decks or some kind of make-a-deck game like the old CCG? Seems odd to do deck construction when it's now sold as pre-made boxed sets instead of random packs, but I gather from the rest of the posts on the first page that you do customize the decks, sooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread