Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

quote:

I think that doing it as 4x30 packs every 2 months or so might diversify the meta. Particularly if every card is actually meaningful rather than absolute trash. That being said, most non-weyland cards have felt like that over the past couple cycles.
Me and a few people around here that were casual players dropped off because of this. Its too much "keeping up" and not enough playing/thinking time. They need to slow way down and let there be more depth to the cards/strategy when they land instead of everyone scrambling to buy more and redo everything so fast. Do a $20 set every 3 months, and a big set once a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Just realized Im 8 packs behind. They need to slow down.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

HotCanadianChick posted:

Seems odd to do deck construction when it's now sold as pre-made boxed sets instead of random packs, but I gather from the rest of the posts on the first page that you do customize the decks, sooo...
Think of it as a MTG set except you know you get a playset of every card in the release for $15 instead of spending $2000 to (maybe) get a play set of each card. You have all the cards, but you still need to make a deck with them.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Whats everyone going to do with the early sets? I havent bought a set since the end of SanSan, and now that a huge chunk of what I own is going to become garbage this year Im pretty disenchanted with paying 200+ to catch up.

edit: From that review, pretty much this:

quote:

When my friends and I started going to meet-ups, everyone in the scene was playing around five games a week, which means the refinement of our decks was a magical, personal process. Today, when you and your friends can test the same deck six or seven times a night, with no tedious sleeving and unsleeving cards, you end up with brutal decks that are more science than art.

As my friend Tim puts it, when we started playing Netrunner we could design a deck and think it might just work. “There is always hope.” By the time we got good, the best decks in the world were in such rapid circulation in our local meets that to play anything else felt silly. We’d get new cards, design a deck on our lunch break… and feel that we’d wasted our time, because the deck wouldn’t stand up to the world’s best. Our prize for getting good at the game was realising that every deck we made wasn’t competitive.

And yeah that box is comical:

FRINGE fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 4, 2017

• Locked thread