Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Used for anything, like... More stealth credit needs???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

IMO the biggest thing that would make Netrunner truly amazing is just requiring an app for digital play as the norm with physical cards a thing required only for invitational events to justify the reprint cost for limited runs. Or still just let people shovel money into the drat things, whatever, just a reset of expectations that digital is the main platform so physical cards are a luxury item, this way balance and gameplay can be the focus. Less time pissed shuffling, too.

You still meet up, you just don't have to lug your binders and poo poo. Hell, shelling out $50-100 for a dedicated Netrunner gaming tablet with casting and tournament play integrated is still a drop in the bucket in the scheme of financial barriers to entry when a core set is $40 and physical expansions are $15-30.

Best of both worlds: in person card gaming with ability to patch; Hearthstone pulls it off, right? (I don't know, I'm legit asking.)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Speaking of compression and more ICE that isn't a dead draw, I wish they had ICE that was thematically geared to do something like "Increases the advancement requirement on agendas in this server by X" with some kind of crazy powerful cards, maybe even "trash this ice if this server has no agenda inside of it for any reason other than having been scored," or other just a whole suite of ICE around those mechanics, like calling the ICE Dedicated or something to thematically identify that it's tied to agendas in some way, like:

Nightmare
Sentry - AP - Tracer - Dedicated
Cost: 6 (or 10 or whatever)
STR: 11 (AP but DX-proof without reducing str in some way, also extremely taxing)

Agendas in the server protected by this ICE have their advancement requirement increased by 2.
Install only in a server with an agenda; turn the agenda face-up upon installation; must pay all costs to rez this ICE when installed.

>Trace 3 - Deal 3 net damage.
>Trace 4 - Deal 2 net damage.
>Trace 5 - Deal 1 net damage.
>End the run.
>End the run.

Tweaked as needed to not be insanely OP/utterly useless, but the idea is adding new concepts and card subtypes that alter the fundamental rules of the game while opening new strategies (e.g. using that with a face-up TGTBT or something and facedown Prisec would be dirty as gently caress, then just leisurely advance before dropping in something insane to protect like an Adonis or Director Haas or some poo poo).

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 7, 2016

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Static Equilibrium posted:

IIRC the core set and genesis were designed before they knew things were gonna rotate, so for instance Criminal has no in faction decoder in Core.

Peacock was in a data pack, not core? What a pile of poo poo, drat.

WLA rotating is going to hurt, peacock isn't even that bad, looking at it again.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 18, 2016

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Stronger Together could be an interesting replacement for ETF but I think The Foundry makes the most sense (other than leaving ETF alone, you monsters) in terms of synergizing with ABT and being mostly ice neutral/independent of most cards.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

The thing that blows my mind is the EoI/Breaking News non-trigger interaction. It feels like a "the rules shouldn't do this" situation like MaskNaught in Vintage.

It took me till today to understand how good BN + EoI is (it's two tags good!).

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

You guys know that's not how rumor mill works though, right? It's not cerebral static for runners.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Main reason I personally stopped RSVP is still Atman and how much awesome 4 str ice there is. Also MWL for NAPD contract.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I've been enjoying this Smoke deck:

Ele "Smoke" Scovak: Cynosure of the Net

Event (8)
2x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●
3x Diesel
1x Indexing
1x Levy AR Lab Access
1x Rumor Mill ●●

Hardware (9)
3x Akamatsu Mem Chip
2x Mirror
2x Net-Ready Eyes
2x R&D Interface

Resource (12)
1x Artist Colony
1x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Ghost Runner
3x Net Mercur
1x Same Old Thing
3x Scrubber ●●●

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder ●●
1x Dagger
1x Dai V
1x Refractor

Program (7)
3x Cloak
1x Magnum Opus
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Intervention

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

I keep feeling like I'm behind, and then all of a sudden "oh hey I can siphon you and Index R&D or smash your assets, whatever."

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

This deck has been crazy fun for me, I'm glad it made Deck of the Week or I'd have never seen it:

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/39368/stupid-bird-deck-kit-2nd-at-philly-sc

I bastardized it into this:

Bird Flu

Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman

Event (15)
2x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●
3x Diesel
1x Indexing
1x Levy AR Lab Access
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run
2x Tinkering

Hardware (10)
2x Astrolabe
3x LLDS Processor
2x Omni-drive
3x R&D Interface

Resource (12)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x London Library
3x New Angeles City Hall
1x Same Old Thing
3x Technical Writer

Icebreaker (5)
3x Chameleon
1x Inti
1x Peregrine ●●

Program (3)
1x Magnum Opus
2x Self-modifying Code

10 influence spent (max 10, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

E: the weirdest thing about this deck is the fact that you really have 8 flex influence. I swapped temujin x3 and stimhack x2 for siphons with extra recursion (more test runs, a levy) but nothing feels right (though using a siphon to break bank is way more fun than temujin/I live and die off mopus).

The best card that I don't have in that deck anymore is Cold Read. That poo poo (with or without personal workshop) is bonkers for the stretch of the game where your only installed breaker is peregrine, since there are no remaining apps installed when the need to trash a program used during the run triggers. It's what I originally replaced stimhack with.

Overall econ isn't a big deal for me in this deck but I think I slowed it with mopus vs temujin. The omni drives are there for hilarity because chams and Peres can end up on it for an additional +1mu+1c but could just as easily be replaced for extra slots.

Seriously this deck is stupid fun. Tormenting CTM is the best :3

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 12, 2016

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

More and more I find myself wishing there was a card like mass install but for hardware.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Maybe, but it's still a telegraph that I'm going to do something big, vs mass install where all of a sudden I spend one click and one credit and have three programs ready to run with. Still a good idea though, I hadn't viewed hyperdriver in that light, just for gimmicks like mass medium digs/using leprechauns to host multiples ay once.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

AgentF posted:

Autoscripter?

Doesn't work on hardware.

That deck... last game on jinteki, a guy nailed 20 cards in my heap, both siphons, my indexing, my levy, and I already ate 2 brain damage; tied 4-4, he's been m@d econ so it's his 30c against my 30c with Beth in play. I have 2 chameleons, and a peregrine in hand, which he hasn't seen all game (I got my 4 points off a lucky round 2 indexing with installed RDI). He has ICE two deep on R&D and two remotes, with an exposed HQ cause he's running some kind of Executive Retreat jank (he bluffed that out since I feared an early Overwriter, ironically, which made me run what I *knew* had to be one but couldn't afford the score and already knew it was jank since my R&D runs revealed an EoW).

Click one, Peregrine on London Library.
Click two, Chameleon Sentry (on my superfly and utterly worthless Omni Drive)
Click three, run R&D; he rezzes Janus 1.0, I de-rez that fucker, break in and get 3 pointer. Even if I stole nothing, I still derezzed his 15c ICE for 12c (would've been 9 if i had my last LLDS out) and knew I broke the gently caress out of his spirit.

I really need to replace the drat omni drive. It's neat if I get it out early against someone who I need to throw a ton of chameleons at, but they're two slots better used, I know it. False Echo is tempting just for the added gently caress-you to a corp of them taking ICE back in hand.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought Damon was pissed that someone else somehow forced the release of various cards he didn't support, like Sifr. Did that not come up in this thread previously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

This is cool and good though, it's just the bump Yellow needs to be competitive :confused:

_____/s_____

So without multiaccess in your deck, even a single successful BRE can shut you out of the game. That's a helluva card to have to be aware of existing.

• Locked thread