Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im going to avoid going outside just to be safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Looks like now that the Krusty meme was banned from SA, it contaminated into the real world, spreading like a virus!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ibogaine posted:

Looks like now that the Krusty meme was banned from SA, it contaminated into the real world, spreading like a virus!

genesplicer look what you have unleashed

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Genesplicer unleashed the fuckin' Clownpocalypse. :mad:

Parallax Scroll posted:

im going to avoid going outside just to be safe

Bad news, clowns also make house calls

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: poo poo, there was also the Killer Clown of West Palm Beach, a murder case back in 1990 that was apparently never solved.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 5, 2016

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like crossposting this from CC is appropriate at this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_0ofTy5xDo

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36dAEDCCsx4

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Bad news, clowns also make house calls

im still going to avoid going outside

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
free drad

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
While we were all worrying about that zika virus, they invaded.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the first symptom of clown sighting is heart attack

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shneak posted:

While we were all worrying about that zika virus, they invaded.

The Goodies tried to warn us back in 1975 .... :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQkgYT2bQ8k

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Isn't that lovely It remake coming out soon why hasn't anyone said this is vital marketing for that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Business Gorillas posted:

Isn't that lovely It remake coming out soon why hasn't anyone said this is vital marketing for that

There's been a bunch of articles pointing out that Rob Zombie has a slasher clown film coming out real soon
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/04/south-carolina-clown-sightings-could-be-part-of-film-marketing-stunt
http://www.inquisitr.com/3481327/clown-sightings-one-theory-links-creepy-clown-encounters-with-movie-publicity-stunt/

The clowns were sighted in Greenville and RZ's film was previewed in Greenville last Thursday

Edit: loving hell, it turns out clowns are illegal in South Carolina

quote:

Miller warns that if someone is doing this for “kicks,” they should know that South Carolina law prohibits anyone over age 18 from dressing up as a clown, adding that a city ordinance related to “molesting or disturbing the public” could also lead to their arrest.
Maybe it's the clown version of Footloose?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I would watch a remake of footloose with clowns

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Goodies tried to warn us back in 1975 .... :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQkgYT2bQ8k

Wow, that was poo poo.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's spreading,

Claims of creepy clowns trying to lure kids have expanded into a second state. In reports eerily similar to recent clown sightings that have garnered the national spotlight near Greenville, South Carolina, two children have reported seeing a clown trying to lure kids into the woods with treats about 175 miles to the northeast in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

"Police in South Carolina have tallied six similar sightings so far. In the first incident, reported Aug. 21, a police report described a “suspicious character ... dressed in circus clown attire and white face paint, enticing kids to follow him/her into the woods.”

A woman told a responding deputy that her son had “seen clowns in the woods whispering and making strange noises.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clown-sightings-reports-of-clowns-luring-kids-expand-into-second-state-south-carolina-north-carolina/

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ibogaine posted:

That, and/or SA might have been responsible in another way.

Were these recently-spotted clowns... SLENDER MEN? Or perhaps contortionist evil clowns, aka BENDY MEN?

"Something Awful, the internet makes you DEAD."

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

El Boot posted:

my condolences either way

why hasn't anyone asked DMX for his thoughts on this yet

He couldn't catch a ride from Greer down to the news studio.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Lime Tonics posted:

It's spreading,

Claims of creepy clowns trying to lure kids have expanded into a second state. In reports eerily similar to recent clown sightings that have garnered the national spotlight near Greenville, South Carolina, two children have reported seeing a clown trying to lure kids into the woods with treats about 175 miles to the northeast in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

"Police in South Carolina have tallied six similar sightings so far. In the first incident, reported Aug. 21, a police report described a “suspicious character ... dressed in circus clown attire and white face paint, enticing kids to follow him/her into the woods.”

A woman told a responding deputy that her son had “seen clowns in the woods whispering and making strange noises.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clown-sightings-reports-of-clowns-luring-kids-expand-into-second-state-south-carolina-north-carolina/

I can neither confirm nor deny if this was perhaps maybe me.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

People are getting proactive up in North Carolina

quote:

GREENSBORO, N.C. - When a Greensboro resident spotted a clown near his apartment complex Tuesday, he thought of recent reports of clowns trying to lure children into the woods, and he grabbed a machete and chased after the character.

Clowns have been spotted in several towns across South and North Carolina, most recently in Winston-Salem and High Point.

Chris Bass said he called 911, grabbed a weapon and chased the clown into the woods.

"I know all the kids in here and it’s just, that's why I took it so serious, because I know all the kids here," Bass said.

Greensboro police said a witness reported seeing a person wearing a clown mask, red curly wig, yellow spotted shirt, blue clown pants and clown shoes.

Officers also searched the area for the clown but to no avail.

Three other sightings were reported in North Carolina this week, with four sightings in South Carolina the week before.

Police in Greenville, South Carolina said clowns were trying to entice children into the woods and had also started knocking on doors.

Police said they will arrest and charge anyone involved in these incidents.

Source.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
does genesplicer live in north carolina

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Machete Man is the hero we deserve.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Children should be so lucky as to be kidnapped by a creepy clown... Smdh

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I like that my hometown only gets national attention for dumb poo poo like this.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
worst part is once they take off that makeup and wig you'd have no idea they were a clown

a clown could be next to you RIGHT NOW and you'd have no idea

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

CharlestonJew posted:

worst part is once they take off that makeup and wig you'd have no idea they were a clown

a clown could be next to you RIGHT NOW and you'd have no idea

I once met someone at a bar that said he was a clown and then he gave me his card, in case anyone needed a clown for something, and I nevr went back to the resturant. The card said he was a clown

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So this is all viral marketing for It right?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Are kids that much harder to kidnap these days? I feel like if these clowns truly wanted to lure a kid into the woods, they already would have.

My votes for viral marketing/alternate reality promotion

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My vote is that it literally isn't happening, but I'm decidedly pro child murder via clown so

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

BigBadSteve posted:

That, and/or SA might have been responsible in another way.

Were these recently-spotted clowns... SLENDER MEN? Or perhaps contortionist evil clowns, aka BENDY MEN?

"Something Awful, the internet makes you DEAD."

Bendyman may very well be one of the harbingers of the Clownpocalypse.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lol we live in a world where it's illegal to dress as a clown. Wtf

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://mashable.com/2016/09/06/clown-sightings-north-carolina/#Hhj_zcvqXiqm

They have started a clown sighting map,

Here is a creepy ice cream truck,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97IV2XK2l3U

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lol we live in a world where it's illegal to dress as a clown. Wtf

tell that to YLLS

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
:siren::siren: An arrest has been made :siren::siren:

But here's the twist: the cops didn't arrest a clown, they arrested an alleged clown falsifier

quote:

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (Reuters) - A North Carolina man who told police someone dressed as a clown had knocked on his window at night landed in jail on Friday after admitting he fabricated the story, the latest twist in a string of such reported sightings in recent weeks.

David Wayne Armstrong, 24, described to Winston-Salem police how he had chased the clown into nearby woods, but authorities said in a statement he had lied. He was arrested on a charge of filing a false police report.

Winston-Salem police also said Friday it had found no evidence to substantiate a report earlier this week of a clown attempting to lure children into a wooded area by offering them treats.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/north-carolina-man-arrested-bogus-clown-sighting-police-163226400.html

The government is already covering up the clown infestation and discrediting the witnesses. :tinfoil:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
How stupid can you be to not only lie to the police, about something that happened when no-one was looking, but get caught in that lie you controlled

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

But here's the twist: the cops didn't arrest a clown, they arrested an alleged clown falsifier

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/north-carolina-man-arrested-bogus-clown-sighting-police-163226400.html

The government is already covering up the clown infestation and discrediting the witnesses. :tinfoil:

What a clown.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Lime Tonics posted:

It's spreading,

Ever since Goodwife Flopsie moved to town, my cows only give sour milk.

I have my fingers crossed that the new version of the Satanic Panic is Clownageddon.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

you left out the best part

"But as of Friday, officers had not found the clown, who according to a statement was chased off by a man wielding a machete.

"We don't recommend that," Greensboro police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen said."

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

vols bitch posted:

does genesplicer live in north carolina

No, I keep my scary clown activities limited to the southwest. (And no dealing with kids. Those things are gross, and I deal with them enough at school. Why would I want to deal with them more?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

DisgracelandUSA posted:

He couldn't catch a ride from Greer down to the news studio.

:hfive: my nigga

(otoh not having a license has never stopped him before)

• Locked thread