Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

cowofwar posted:

Hold up, slashdot says Apple users are sheeple!

I'm surprised slashdot is still A Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Who needs Apple when you can easily build a phone with a headphone jack using only a breadboard and 20lbs of surplus parts?

Slashdot will only cover it if it runs Linux

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

mario is coming!!!!!!

as another loving endless runner

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

What was this? It got pulled

Early announcement for the iPhone 7. Water resistant, stereo speakers

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

This is kinda cool, too bad iWork is terrible

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Sumo posted:

Notify on the App store

"No in-app purchases"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

someone please gif the pokemon guy pretending to walk

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

that's a lot of nits,

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

here at apple we are very committed to health, so without further ado, here's a fat black man to talk about running

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

courage lol

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

loving courage are you loving kidding me

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

looking forward to having these wireless headphones fall out of my ears every 30 seconds just like the normal loving earpods

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

lmao you can't get jet black unless you buy a 128gb device

it's the black macbook all over again

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

lmao no new macs

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

prom candy posted:

more like sia later apple while i go see if android phones are any good

they're not

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

*frantically googles "who the gently caress is this anime girl on the apple event"*

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

Apple Debut Of New iPhone Ruined By Confusing Anime Dancers

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

keevo posted:

What's with the split screen? Is it like one is being shot by an iPhone?

the performance is so boring they are playing the music video at the same time

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

FYI iOS 10 GM and WatchOS 3 GM are out for devs

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Also Sierra will come out Sept 20th, no idea if they've pushed a GM

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Last week I tried to preorder my 7+ with my carrier (TELUS) over the phone so I could charge it to my bill (gives me a month to find a buyer for my 6+). They wouldn't let me and told me to call back today to just order one when they're available. When I called back they said they were out of stock and backordering wasn't an option :argh:

Luckily I'm selling an old laptop this weekend so I'll probably just order one from their site when it comes time. I'm not really in a rush, just want to get it ordered so I don't have to wait until stock is an issue anymore (also I only have until oct 3 before the somewhat decent loyalty plan they've offered me expires)

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

I've been obsessively :f5:ing the reservation site trying to get my hand on a 7+ in one of the 4 apple stores in Toronto. Finally found a neat Python script that just scrapes the site and tells me what's available in the stores I specify. That way I don't have to refresh it as obsessively or get disappointed when it's only the 7 in stock.

They really need to improve the site, though. I lost a reservation twice today because it kept logging me out and having me log back-in with 2FA. :argh:

I would order from my provider directly but me getting this phone is contingent on me flipping my 6+ ASAP to pay for a good chunk of it. I don't want to be waiting around 3 weeks with a huge hole in my bank account while TELUS waits to get stock.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I'm running the same script to get my hands on a S2 aluminum watch with pearl nylon band. Either Toronto hasn't gotten new stock since launch, or they just go through it quicker than they can update the stock site. I'm massively frustrated.

I managed to snag an appointment (and then another one earlier in the day) by going in at 8AM on the dot. Looks like they're getting stock slowly.

Not a black one, but I'm not picky about color.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Personally I think Jet Black is kinda ugly and I'd rather Matte Black anyway :shrug:

Especially considering part of the problem I had with the 6 was it was too slippery, and the 7 is basically the same form factor. So either way you're putting it in a case. What does it matter if your phone is glossy?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

I picked my plus up in the Apple Store yesterday. Amazing phone :c00lbert:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think I'm going to cancel and try to reserve it in-store.

FWIW, at least in Toronto apparently a huge shipment came yesterday so it's possible stock is going out in higher numbers now (not sure about the states, though, although I'd assume they'd probably be sending out to there in higher numbers.) If you go right at 8AM to reserve you might be able get one pretty easily. When I did it I was able to snag at 7+ reservation right when the site opened, and then again around 10AM when I decided to try for one earlier in the day. When I came in at 1:30PM for my reservation they still had some pluses in stock for walk-ins.

So basically: if you have a fruit stand near you, try to just get a reservation if your shipment is taking too long (and you aren't picky about colour, since the black ones are still impossible to get.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Linx posted:

How does the apple stocking system even work? Using istocknow and the apple website shows that they add stock at really arbitrary times of the day. Do they just get a bunch of stock delivered in the morning and trickle it out over the course of the day?

I would guess they put all their stock up in the morning, and any stock you see after that is from people who don't show up or aren't able to purchase.

Also it's possible they get more than one shipment a day?

• Locked thread