Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just want a better battery life and a better graphics chip for all my games.

The better camera and stuff is already a given. I'm excited for the 7 even if I have to ditch all my wired headphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

If history is any indication what price is the 6s likely to be by tomorrow night (or whenever the drop goes into effect)? If it's the last iPhone with a 3.5mm jack my guess is "exactly the same".

I ask because my current phone's screen is broken and the 6s is more than enough phone for me but both it and he SE are ridiculously overpriced for what I would give up.

It should drop by $100 if you wait a bit you'll start to see better deals though through retailers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

smoobles posted:

Does the Apple Watch hold music on it

Could you do a Spotify offline playlist on your Apple Watch to go running?

It does but I'm not sure about that. You can pair your BT headphones to it though and listen to the stored music.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

The fact that you can't charge and listen at the same time seems to be the worst part of lightning headphones.

Lightning y cable coming soon from some cheap Chinese company

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

If it's waterproof rated that's how.

I mean I've never dropped my phone in water but I guess it could be nice to not have to worry as much about it. I'm going to London in like November and being able to take pictures in the rain would be pretty cool.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

It's official. They took the headphone jack off. Please tweet your feelings using the hashtag #JackOff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sue posted:

5 hours of music playback?
No thanks.

Lightning headphones are fine.

I don't think you've taken a look at the battery life on most BT headsets 5 hours is about the right range.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Better camera and better battery life? I'm in

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do you still have to go into the store to do the apple upgrade program or can you do it all online at this point?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kdevil II posted:

So how exactly does pre-ordering work if signing up for the apple upgrade program on t-mobile? I tried chatting with someone on apple.com but they had the courage to be clueless.

The apple upgrade site says in store only. Does that mean:
pre-order in apple store, pickup in store?
pre-order online, pickup in store?
pre-order in store, pickup in store?
No pre-order possible?

I am net new to the program if that makes a difference.

Yeah I'd like to know as well. Their site is beyond useless.

I'm very sure you have to go in store to finalize stuff but I think you can do mostly everything online. Who the gently caress knows though because I can't find the exact process.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

drat I think I like the flat black better.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly at this point I'm upgrading every year. All I want is the phone to be faster, have a better camera, and have better battery life. I used to carry a camera with me when I traveled but since I haven't had to do that for years now and I actually like being able to travel lighter and take quick pictures.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

The Apple case also funnels the speaker and mic onto the front of the case and there's no guarantee those will line up properly, either.

Oh son of a bitch I hadn't thought of this till you said this but since the new phone has speakers at the top and the bottom what the gently caress is Saddle Brown leather case going to look like?

EDIT: Lol so I guess the case is just going to block the speaker? They don't show any pictures of the top but it doesn't look like there are any holes there.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 8, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Weedle posted:

There isn't a speaker on the top edge of the phone, it's in the earpiece.

Oh weird I must have miss read that. OK then Saddle Brown 4 lyfe.

My Current saddle brown which is a year old is holding up great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The next iPhone is always going to be the greatest iPhone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I honestly want to see data as to how often this happens. I'm willing to bet 90% of the people so upset about this rarely ever actually charge and listen at the same time. I don't care what anyones opinion is about being stupid or whatever, I just want to see the data. I am again, willing to bet that this is nowhere near as big of a deal as 90% of people think.

Yeah I agree. I honestly can't think of the last time I needed to charge my phone and listen to stuff. Maybe on a coast to coast flight but even then I don't think I needed to charge my phone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Really dumb question but can you link multiple phones to any of these?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hot Dog Day 42069 posted:

yes, if you read the article I linked they have a pick for if you want to pair multiple devices.

Ah ok thanks I sent it to a friend who clearly didn't read it. Thanks for the link!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

flipoff posted:

I can't decide between jet black and matte black :psyduck:

Yeah same here. I mean they are both gonna look great in the saddle brown case but with the decrease in screen replacement cost I may just go caseless and live on the edge.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tried to do the upgrade program through sprint but it said their system was down but they reserved me a phone. Weird.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm trying to do the upgrade program with sprint and I keep getting a page not found error on the apple site.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Croatoan posted:

Mine'll be here on the 16th. Why are y'all so excited though? This one seems to be kind of a boring upgrade. I did mine just because I have the sprint iphone forever plan. Am I missing something other than it's a bit faster and the battery may not suck as much? Not a troll, I just wondered what the hubbub was.

:confused:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah my order of a jet black 7+ 256 with a ship date of sept 26 - October 3 went preparing for shipping yesterday.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Got a delivery notification of sept 22nd previous estimates were sept 26- oct 3.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Y

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Did you guys get emails that said it was preparing for shipment or did you just check one day?

Tim actually called me himself and told me. You didn't get the call yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Got my phone :agesilaus:

256 Fingerprint edition.

• Locked thread