Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Is it me or everything about the 7 seems to be either:

A- everything they wanted tech wise wasn't ready for this years version

B- holding a lot of the tech for the 10th anniversary next year

C- combination of the 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Virtue posted:

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I was pretty set on upgrading this cycle too. Probably will anyway because I'm a slave to gadgets

I'm really trying to stay away. Still love iPhones but Apple has slipped behind the likes of Samsung and other manufacturers with battery life, fast charging, display quality, etc. They absolutely seem to get stagnate with features we want, and introduce ones no one is really asking for. Like even thinner phones by removing the 3.5 port.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Martytoof posted:

I hope the lack of current stock means AW2 will be on shelves and shipping day one :ohdear:

Hope so too. I'd say right now I am way more excited for the new Apple Watch than the iPhone 7. My wife would love for me to upgrade just so she can get my current 6S.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

this thing is pretty sweet ->

Haha next legendary in the upcoming Pokemon game.

Really interested like everyone else how Apple is going to spin removal of the headphone jack.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

That does look like a pretty solid line up

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Wow

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Um that's a pretty big mic drop

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Oh that's a bit disappointing. But eventually I imagine a standard Mario would be coming at some point. Like a remaster of one of the older games

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Set price?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

fourwood posted:

Way to gently caress up your very first tweet, Apple.

Someone is getting let go this afternoon

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Besides keynote, does anyone really use the other apps in the suite?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Looks like the watch is next

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

We are thirty minutes in. Ugh.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Swim proof okay

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Can we change the title to "a lot of nits?" Haha

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Built-in GPS is the one reason I'll end up upgrading.

Yup

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

cowofwar posted:

Calling first hiking death blamed on apple when some dumbass walks off a cliff while staring at his iwatch.

Oh god this is going to happen isn't it

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Gimme the ability to pair bluetooth headphones to the watch and listen to music I load and I'm sold.

Doesn't it have this already?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Mine slipped a week from the time I selected to the actual order, October 4-10 here too buddy.

Same here. Looks like the rose gold has the most availability left checking this morning

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

flipoff posted:

Fortunately, I am one of these people. Original delivery window was 10/4-10/10 and it just went to preparing for shipment this morning. I had a delivery date of 9/16 when I started the order though, so I was probably among the first to get pushed into the 2-3 week window.

Mine switched this morning too.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

How many of you whose Oct 4-10 orders changed today ordered a Plus? Mine is a 256gb matte black plus and seems like the black ones are in shorter supply.

Mine is. Plus, matte black 128gb

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Pivo posted:

3D touch is one of those things that is REALLY cool when you first play with it, and you think "I'm going to use this every day!" and then a week later you forget it even exists.

My SO upgraded from a 5 and it took me like 24hr of watching her explore her new phone to even remember to tell her what she can do with it. She really likes moving the cursor around by 3D touching the keyboard, but 'meh' about pretty much everything else. I always thought being able to 3D touch the Camera app was cool so I could quickly switch to the camera mode I wanted but... really, how often do any of you use that?

Gotta say tho, she's right, I do quite enjoy moving the cursor with 3D touch and still use it.

I think with iOS 10 and anything higher, 3D Touch will be a bigger deal. Especially if it moves onto the iPads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I really wish they had made the rumored bluephone.

Maybe next year.

Yea that rumored blue phone looked really sick.

• Locked thread