Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Haha £159 for AirPods, are you loving joking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

St Evan Echoes posted:

this is all nigel farage's fault

If only that plane had crashed a little bit harder

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
How difficult is it to get a preorder in as soon as it goes live? This will be my first time doing so and I'm afraid of getting hosed by my banks over-zealous fraud prevention that seems to trigger with any online transaction above £300, requiring me to respond "YES" to an automated text asking if I made the purchase. This would be all well and good if their backend actually sent out the loving texts with above a 5% chance of success

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Taima posted:

Well I'm in the USA but it was super easy for me last time.

I can't speak for your banking industry specifically but you can typically call the bank and let them know of a big pending purchase. They will temporarily raise the limit for you or disable the protection for 24 hours. I highly suggest you at least try to do this if it's a big concern.

Yeah I've phoned up and went through all the verification processes before and their response was basically "no" and that they have no provision for disabling it. That was a while back so maybe I'll phone again and ask.

Hopefully some people will be put off by the lack of 3.5mm and it will put less strain on numbers as someone further up pointed out

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Sort of surprised at the lack of a new screen resolution or OLED or something. It's not really needed since the current screen is pretty great but I thought for sure they would change something about the screen.

But we've got that "wide colour gamut" now :lol:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I managed to preorder within the first few minutes without having to wrestle with my banks fraud detection. Wouldn't let me select my store for pickup and now it says that it will be delivered to me between the 18th and 31st of October :qq:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Jato posted:

Really annoyed that Apple won't let me buy one of these. Even if you buy a phone outright for full price they require you to give them your phone number and account info. When I put mine in it says "Account type not supported" because my number is on a business account with verizon.

Why won't you just let me give you $800 for a phone? :(

I noticed the carrier selection this morning when I went to pre-order because I went to the US store by mistake. What's the point of this? In the UK there's none of that, it's just a straight up purchase like any other

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yes to both. The Plus is usually less popular, but this year it's exceedingly more popular. That's why you'll have no problem buying a normal 7, but you'll have to have some luck finding a Plus.

Just came to say that I feel your struggle man. I ordered a jet black 7+ as soon as the website started responding on the 9th (got a date of 18th - 31st October). Ultimately cancelled it on the 13th because I didn't want a greasy cheeto dust covered, scratched up phone in favour of the matte black (shipping date 6th - 12th October), and it's been processing for a week now. It's not like I even need the phone, I just *want* it. I have lived with the regret of choosing the iPhone 6 (non plus) for two years

What a long two years it's been

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Just found out I could collect a 7+ matte black 128GB on friday from my carrier store. This is a fuckup on a massive scale, why even have a preorder page?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

LODGE NORTH posted:

Still sitting on processing for a 7 Plus with Oct 4 - 10. Not upset at all. :) :) :) :)

I'm salty as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
How does the apple stocking system even work? Using istocknow and the apple website shows that they add stock at really arbitrary times of the day. Do they just get a bunch of stock delivered in the morning and trickle it out over the course of the day?

• Locked thread