Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Looke posted:

I would like a new iPod classic please

Seriously, my 160GB one was stolen from my car last month and I want one back. Or at least an iPod with 128GB.

cowofwar posted:

Hold up, slashdot says Apple users are sheeple!

Hold up, people still read Slashdot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Something Tim thought up that PR couldn't talk him out of?

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

So my current Apple Watch isn't just 1 generation behind, it's 2 generations in one fell swoop.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

mattfl posted:

Wait did he say when watchos2 is available?

It'll come with iOS 10 since they're linked.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Dexo posted:

Pretty sure everyone said to never buy a Gen 1 apple product.

I know. And I accept this. Just was hoping for a feature in Gen 2 that I wanted that isn't "faster processor."

I'll wait and see if the new WatchOS makes me use it for more than notification shifting to my wrist before deciding to upgrade or not.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

We are HEROES. HEROES OF THE DIGITAL AGE! With the COURAGE to free you from your analog addiction.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

You give it back.

Or you sell it and pay off the loan balance.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

io_burn posted:

Those of you with these third party bluetooth thingers, does your music automatically start playing when your phone connects to it? On my Prius factory stereo, it seems completely random as to whether or not Spotify will start playing when it connects and in the five years I've had this car, across multiple iPhones. I've never been able to figure out why that is.

The Prius both connects and sends a play message if the stereo is on. Whether that plays anything depends on whether the app that was last playing is still in memory. Most headphones I've worked with don't auto send a play message; if audio is already playing it'll switch from speaker/other Bluetooth to the just connected headphones and continue playing, otherwise it'll redirect any audio to the headphones and wait for you l some app to play.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

dialectics posted:

If the Verizon iOS app is any indication, there's zero 7+ launch availability.

Apple shortchanges carriers on stock almost every time for launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

mattfl posted:

Only if you specifically paid for Saturday deliver.

And I don't think Apple pays for Sat delivery. Your options are to try and get it tonight or probably wait until Monday. I've been turned away from getting a non-Saturday delivery package on Saturday at the depot before because "it's already packed on the truck for delivery on Monday."

• Locked thread